May 6, 2008
Camberley Surrey
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Classic C class
Exp
On/off since 1966
.Taken from BBC News item

Statement re: Crown Currency Exchange (CCE)

At the time of writing, International Currency Exchange PLC (ICE) has not been formally notified of any formal insolvency proceedings in relation to CCE and we confirm that we have not taken any steps to place CCE into any insolvency process.

ICE is a supplier of services to CCE but does not deal directly with CCE’s customers. ICE cannot comment on the specifics of agreements between CCE and its customers as ICE is not party to those contracts. It is CCE's responsibility to fulfil its contractual obligations to its customers under the contract between them.

It appears that CCE may have been re-directing traffic from its own website to one of our websites: Link Removed This is a valid ICE-owned and operated website and any customers using it going forward or that have already used it are effectively dealing directly with ICE and any orders past present or future through this route will continue to be fulfilled. ICE is an independent company and not connected to CCE other than through a third party commercial relationship. ICE is part of the Lenlyn Holdings PLC Group of companies which has been trading since 1974 and is a profitable and well-capitalised group.

Customers of CCE will need to refer any and all queries directly to CCE. Our call centre cannot answer queries relating to CCE and will do no more than read this statement.

For further information, please contact CCE directly on 01736 751627 or 01736 751663 or by Fax: 01736 758148.
Alternatively, you can write to:
Crown Currency Exchange
John Harvey House, Foundry Square, Hayle,
Cornwall
TR27 4HH

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
bigmillie

bigmillie

Free Member
May 6, 2008
Camberley Surrey
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Classic C class
Exp
On/off since 1966
I have been stung for £500 :Sad:

Loddy

Sorry to hear about your loss. I have been watching Crown prior to ordering currency for a trip in November, glad I did not place the order now

Charlie

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
hand over the cash

Simple.. walk in to a travel agency .. hand them the debt card or cash and get cash on the spot..same with the post office.:Smile:

All that hoping to save a few Euros in fluctuations is now gone for this trip and many more I would think.:cry:

Lesson here folks.. trust no one.. :Angry:

Bob:Eeek:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
I sympathise with anyone losing money when companies go bust.
I've never had a problem with the Post Office.
In the past I have had USD, Turkish Lira, Drachmas, Euro and Malaysian Ringit from them.
Quick, efficeint and cheaper than a bank / travel agent.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Blimey - your going back - Drachmae!!

Euros - Tesco is usually about the best for us locally, it is handy, you can park and there is a cashpoint adjacent because they charge for cards - yes, even for a Debit Card.

However, Aus $ and Malaysian Wingnuts (sorry, that's what our family in Aus call em, so ...) we have had to go to the PO anyway as Tesco's don't usually have such 'exotic' things about them.

Hycon

Free Member
Oct 6, 2008
N.E Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
just starting
Used them last month seems, I was lucky not to loose my money .Will use a more established source next time

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back