New Year in North East (1 Viewer)

lallymc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
Exp
1 year
I see that some of you are planning new year already, unfortunately they are a bit far from us due to work commitments !!

Will there be anything planned in the North East anywhere ?

Thanks

Leanne :Smile:

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
We would be interested too - nothing too far away from the North East preferably.

Kath & Howie

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
If it was withing a couple of hours from south west Scotland we would be interested.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Remember, you don't need a campsite. If there is land or a field near a pub, you just need the owners permission and we can use our exemption.
:Smile:

4 meets, North, Midlands, Wales and Spain now that would be great:thumb: Come on you Southerners, make it 5:roflmto:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
that would be great for me Brian but dont think the North east ones want to drive all that way :ROFLMAO:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
We are on a CL at Settle over Christmas and New Year. £15 a night with leccie. Room for 4 more last time we spoke. :thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
that would be great for me Brian but dont think the North east ones want to drive all that way :ROFLMAO:

There was a reason for me saying that, if I'm not going completely barmy this was the site for the last North East Meet. Don't ask, I can't work it out either.

OP
OP
lallymc

lallymc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
Exp
1 year
Would be nice to find somehwhere with a club house or a pub, although we have the boys this new year.
Dont know if that would cause a problem anywhere? hmmm might be party at ours if so :ROFLMAO:

Leanne:Smile:

Tommy_harry

Free Member
May 30, 2010
County Durham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2 days
We are on a CL at Settle over Christmas and New Year. £15 a night with leccie. Room for 4 more last time we spoke. :thumb:

Hi were abouts is the CL at and is there a watering hole near it. :thumb:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
It is at Giggleswick, Brighome farm about 5/10 mins from town centre (on foot):thumb:

no loos or showers tho

thats only 8 miles from me :thumb::thumb:

andy.

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
will haf to get some more in if ya gonna drop in :Doh:

andy.
You are safe reason for goin there is Steph wanted a Christmas and New Year away as she is missing her mum and wanted to do something different. :thumb:

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
I was thinking of a North East meet at Croft on one of the Bank Holidays in 2011 & not the New Year.

Details below may temp someone to phone for details: ::bigsmile:

Croft working men's club is set in the beautiful surroundings of
Hurwoth Village, with the river Tees running alongside the
site, local shops can provide for most of your needs, we also have
Darlington town centre and a major shopping complex within a
5 mile radius, many local attraction such as Northallerton,
Richmond and Catterick are easily accessible by car and local
transport. The club nights also include Bingo Sunday & Tuesday
nights, 5's & 3's and Dominos on Monday Night, also on
Thursday night a mix of Darts, Dominos, Whist & 5's & 3's.
On country weekends the Club also has various games & activities, i.e. Gunfights, Rifle shooting, Archery, Axe throwing, Horse shoe throwing & Throwing arrows etc.
organised and run by The Wild Bunch, with trophies for the winners,
we also have Linedance tuition by Toddy plus Slims karaoke.

Telephone : Keith 01325 720497
(No EMail bokings taken)
It appears to be only £5 with electric, but you can check when you phone ::bigsmile:

http://www.thepaintedwagon.co.uk/index.htm:thumb:

Tommy_harry

Free Member
May 30, 2010
County Durham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2 days
We might have just found the perfect location for the north east new years meet......

Just had a cracking night at the north easts newest Aire - its a brilliant site, the owners couldnt have been more helpfull.... at one stage they even gave me a hand to wash the van and sort out my satelite dish!!!!! (i should point out that unfortunately is still doesnt work! - but i blame the trees)

The site is surrounded by trees so its probably not a good site for any TV addicts amongst us - however it does have a full time childrens entertainer

The site is new, so there are obviously a few minor niggles to sort out... like the hook up fuses and try as i might i couldnt locate an elsan point but hey ho what they lack in facilities they make up for in enthusiasm and hospitality..

The site is quite small but with a little work and the removal of about 20 tonnes of soil and part of a wall i'm sure it could accomodate a full scale funster meet.

The site would also make a great venue for a bring and buy event - although it would be better if you didnt bring anything as the 'stock levels' in the sites equipment store are huge..

The on site restaurant is splendid - and appears to serve meals / snacks 24 hours a day and there is a range of shops, pubs and takeaways locally.

The site is also secure - a guard dog is on patrol day and night

Rates are very reasonable to say the least 1/2 a case of john smiths / fosters secures a pitch for the night.

For more information and bookings at the ScranAirs camp site dont hesitate to contact them......:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• 10102010016.jpg
    10102010016.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 57

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
new year north east

come on someone get ideas on wont be long and am not staying here for it :Smile:

OP
OP
lallymc

lallymc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
Exp
1 year
Think we have decided to stay put now, with the wii, and lots of food and drink lol,we are away in the van for christmas , will keep an eye on thread though.

hope you are keeping well and feeling lots better

Lea, paul and Maxy :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back