Santander or Bilbao (1 Viewer)

Nov 10, 2008
Forest Row, East Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
Just had a call from CC&C, with whom I booked my Brittany ferry for the 12th Oct Portsmouth to Santander crossing.
"Hello Mr JK, just to let you know that the ferry will be going to Bilbao, not Santander". ???? It appears that Brittany will be picking up P&O's old route as from 2011 and they are doing some "dry runs".
Don't like the sound of "dry runs", but I have used the Bilbao ferry many times so that's OK although I was looking forward to seeing the Santander set up. Also crossing about an hour longer and 40 miles or so added to my first day's journey to the south of Spain.

Effect anyone else? Better check.

JK

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Just had a call from CC&C, with whom I booked my Brittany ferry for the 12th Oct Portsmouth to Santander crossing.
"Hello Mr JK, just to let you know that the ferry will be going to Bilbao, not Santander". ???? It appears that Brittany will be picking up P&O's old route as from 2011 and they are doing some "dry runs".
Don't like the sound of "dry runs", but I have used the Bilbao ferry many times so that's OK although I was looking forward to seeing the Santander set up. Also crossing about an hour longer and 40 miles or so added to my first day's journey to the south of Spain.

Effect anyone else? Better check.

JK

Hi Mate.
Think I would go for some inconvenience compensation.. :winky:

We are going Plymouth to Santandar in a couple of weeks,,, going to Seaunce in Northern Spain on business for a few days.

We done Bilbao a few times but think Santandar is a nicer port and easier to get on the open road..

Then probably in January same route on our way to Cadiz.. Hows the misses ? :thumb:

OP
OP
Jackomet
Nov 10, 2008
Forest Row, East Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
Hi Maurice,
Not worth the effort mate, no real probs.
About time you were on your travels again. SWMBO is fine and we just can't wait to get away again and try some different sites. Everytime we go to the storage place to check on the 5er we almost always just want to hitch up and go, but stuck here for a significant family birthday coming up next week. Hope you are settlling into your new place OK.
May see you in Spain someday soon.
J&T

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Yes all settled in, and get xmas over and we will be off.. ::bigsmile:

Going down to Cadiz, sail on the 11th Jan.. :thumb:

Dont know much about the sites down there but must be ones as good as if not better than Marjal..

Perhaps we will meet up,, and go to another Bar-B-Q.. :Doh: :winky:

Love to Tricia. XX

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Yes all settled in, and get xmas over and we will be off.. ::bigsmile:

Going down to Cadiz, sail on the 11th Jan.. :thumb:

Dont know much about the sites down there but must be ones as good as if not better than Marjal..

Perhaps we will meet up,, and go to another Bar-B-Q.. :Doh: :winky:

Love to Tricia. XX

Have you not spotted The Spanish Job thread, Dame Penelope of Pitstop knows the area intimately.

Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back