20 hours of road closure after police stop Campervan (1 Viewer)

Nov 23, 2011
durham
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
since 2006
I live near where the incident occurred. The closing of the road did not cause any traffic problems when I tried to use it on Saturday morning. There were two alternative routes which only added about half a mile onto the journey.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
I live near where the incident occurred. The closing of the road did not cause any traffic problems when I tried to use it on Saturday morning. There were two alternative routes which only added about half a mile onto the journey.
Please don't come on here quoting accurate facts. We won't have that at all. Oh no.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Yes we usually find out the truth in the end.

Makes it good fun though to watch folk jumping to conclusions!

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
My money is on the idea that crystal meth might have been made in this motorhome, this stuff is highly unstable.
So if it was a drugs factory moving it could have been lethal for all concerned as well as the public.

The Ambulances Services up & down the land had strict protocols in place should we suspect that a property we've entered is being used to make crystal meth.

Scary stuff if this was the case.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
It is a crime scene....... if they want all the evidence secured and logged without prejudice to the perpetrators day in court then I suppose they had no real choice
So if it had been on a ferry mid channel would it have been there for 20 hours?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
That is simply neither a sensible nor constructive comment and you know it. The crime scene would still be taped off and investigated
And of course, ferry taken out of service, as they won't move the van, at a loss to the ferry company of thousands

I know it was a daft scenario but as said earlier, no reason not to move the van after taking measurements and photos, even aerial video if needed.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
And of course, ferry taken out of service, as they won't move the van, at a loss to the ferry company of thousands

I know it was a daft scenario but as said earlier, no reason not to move the van after taking measurements and photos, even aerial video if needed.
I don’t know if you read any of the thread but they suspected explosive material in which case moving it was a pretty daft idea. That is the only reason they didn’t move it and I don’t blame them. Not sure what point you are really trying to make here as the reason for not moving it is obvious........ Big Bang and possible fatalities

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
So it had travelled God only knows how many miles while carrying explosives and nothing had gone bang but to tow it to a safe area puts the world and his dog in mortal danger

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Put it onto a low loader and drive it off the road.

My money is on the idea that crystal meth might have been made in this motorhome, this stuff is highly unstable.
So if it was a drugs factory moving it could have been lethal for all concerned as well as the public.

Before I read DuxDeluxe 's post below I was thinking it might have bomb or similar suspected. And if so it could have been booby trapped.

I don’t know if you read any of the thread but they suspected explosive material in which case moving it was a pretty daft idea. That is the only reason they didn’t move it and I don’t blame them. Not sure what point you are really trying to make here as the reason for not moving it is obvious........ Big Bang and possible fatalities

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
So it had travelled God only knows how many miles while carrying explosives and nothing had gone bang but to tow it to a safe area puts the world and his dog in mortal danger
It is easy to say this after the event and when not the one faced with the difficult decisions. Imagine the outcry if having discovered something suspicious they ignored it and something went horribly wrong. It doesn’t matter how many miles some idiot has driven with something dangerous onboard, the moment he is stopped responsibility lies with the Police. If they have reason to suspect there is something potentially dangerous they have no choice.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
It is called being responsible. Once known they could do nothing else. Don’t you get that?

Or are you simply bored and trolling?

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
I know we should "be nice" but sometimes it's difficult given the astonishing level of cognitive impairment sometimes on display.
Just to clarify, in case I have misunderstood, dumb smart arses right. (y)

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I suppose if we’re going down that route, you could include granulated super as we all know can, together with certain types of weed killer, create an explosion, then there’s matches........
The weed killer you mention is now mixed with fire suppressant - if that had happened in my youth I'd have had nothing to do at weekends ? .

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
The M6 between J37 & J38 was closed yesterday pm or today am as a result of a 'Police incident'. Might have been related.

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
The M6 between J37 & J38 was closed yesterday pm or today am as a result of a 'Police incident'. Might have been related.

I had to use the M6 everyday for work - 17 through to 26 - it was the reason I went part time - not the job itself just couldn’t cope with the number of hours I spent trying to get to work or home again - soul destroying

HelenMalc2019

Free Member
Jun 24, 2019
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hiring
Exp
I am just catching up with the forum so apologies for being late to the party, its quite possible that North Yorkshire and Durham police were reminded of a couple of nasty incidents involving guns, explosives, chemicals and crossbows.
Raoul Moat camping and the bloke found in the camper van after shooting his neighbour with a crossbow.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Richard Brunstrom,
Got to be the most hated and indeed disrespected policeman who ever got scrambled egg on a hat..
He was moved up the ladder because the powers that be did not know what else to do with the bloke
You can see the faint line running from his forehead to his gentleman bits...

Biggest A@@@ Hole on the force

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back