Free Member
May 23, 2010
Hampshire England
Funster No
MH
Caravan @ mo
Exp
10+
Well, we did as we promised ourselves ( posts in " living the dream"), house sold-in under 2 weeks- unit bought, we finally decided against a 5ver for various reasons and purchased a beautiful Compass Rallye 634 2009 model and a 2006 Landrover Discovery Metropolis se to pull it. We have been without brick n mortar for 8 weeks now and have not 1 regret:Smile:. I have a PO box for the most of my post with important things going to my daughters address. My hubby is still with his employment which restricts us a little on siteing our home , but I am now a full time home maker and servant to our 4 small dogs,they are loving the closeness of our home and the quality walks we are now able to take.Love listening to the rain at night and all snuggling up together- worry and debt free-in the evenings. £153 refund Council tax. £75 refund Tele licence. £35 refund Water charge..............

Chasingthesun

Free Member
Apr 13, 2010
north wales
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Well, we did as we promised ourselves ( posts in " living the dream"), house sold-in under 2 weeks- unit bought, we finally decided against a 5ver for various reasons and purchased a beautiful Compass Rallye 634 2009 model and a 2006 Landrover Discovery Metropolis se to pull it. We have been without brick n mortar for 8 weeks now and have not 1 regret:Smile:. I have a PO box for the most of my post with important things going to my daughters address. My hubby is still with his employment which restricts us a little on siteing our home , but I am now a full time home maker and servant to our 4 small dogs,they are loving the closeness of our home and the quality walks we are now able to take.Love listening to the rain at night and all snuggling up together- worry and debt free-in the evenings. £153 refund Council tax. £75 refund Tele licence. £35 refund Water charge..............
WELL DONE AND GOOD LOOK WE ARE DOING THE SAME AND
CAN NOT WAIT JUST WAITING FOR THE HOUSE TO SELL. :thumb:
CHEERS. JOHN..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
purchased a beautiful Compass Rallye 634 2009 model and a 2006 Landrover Discovery £75 refund Tele licence.

That's a change from a big MH, I think you may well be on a winner. If you're full time you don't want to be moving on every day so a caravan makes more sense than a MH, I think. Put the toad at the front !

If you still have a TV you might need a TV licence though. They've got to catch you first :Smile:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
. If you're full time you don't want to be moving on every day so a caravan makes more sense than a MH, I think. Put the toad at the front !

I seriously considered that before buying an RV Brian ..

but a big caravan with enough payload for a family needs a big car, even then the payload is miserly ... then I thought I'd cracked it.. big caravan + 3.5 t tranny van .. tons of pay load and a reasonable van for running around.. but I feared being classed as a Itinerant ... and not being able to use aires and do wild camping ( in France) and some sites don't let commercial vehicles in, it blew the idea clean out of the water ..

IMO .. To full time, ideally you need an RV or fiver ...

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I am not brave enough to full time for health reasons.

But for the first time in a situation if I wanted I could and have the RV to do it in.

Riggermortis

Free Member
Nov 3, 2010
Funster No
Caravan plus Transit

Hi! For the last three years we towed our caravan with our trusty Transit and never had a problem with admission to sites either here in UK or in France or Spain and with the Tranny loaded up we pulled the caravan at 70mph plus and didnt know the caravan was there! The Tranny is a great tow vehicle just dont get a white one and dont have ladders on the roof! Riggermortis. P.S. We are also members of the Caravan Club and they welcome Transits on their sites as long as they arent signwritten.

Destination Unknown

Free Member
Oct 30, 2010
Anywhere and everywhere
Funster No
MH
American A Class
Exp
Not Long Enough...!!
Full Timing

Hi and welcome. We have been full timing for the past 14 months::bigsmile: going to Spain last winter and spending this summer in the UK. I am retired and my husband is on a 5 year career break. We too have an american rv as we felt we could not do it in our caravan. We tow a toyota aygo as well. We are due to go over to France/Spain/Portugal and can't wait.

Good Luck and enjoy:winky: we do

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Make sure you fulltimers register with Motorhome365.com it's a new fulltimers association :thumb:

Movin' on

Free Member
Apr 1, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2001
We're with you guys. We went full timing last July and we are loving every minute of it. Unfortunately we can't head off to Spain until January 10th as we have to visit relatives over Xmas, however, we shall be heading south after that. Incidentally for you full timers looking for reasonable sites in winter, we are staying at the council run Country Park Caravan Site at Filey in Yorkshire. Their charges are £96 per week, But, they are offering "Buy one get one free" at the moment and that includes electric hookup (16amp) and a clean toilet block with an abundance of hot water,(power shower)
One to remember for next autumn.
Adrian

Mandaxxx

Free Member
Feb 19, 2010
Wherever we stop.
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp

Hi we sold up, got rid of almost everything, stored some things and have been fulltiming for about the same length of time, good isn't it :thumb:
we also got some good refunds from various providers.
We have a motorhome and started off with a scooter in an enclosed trailer but have changed that now for a small car on an A frame.
After doing our first tour (see Our 'New Life') we had to return to visit family, now off to Wales to see rest of family then down south, Somerset....etc.
Glad your are enjoying your new life and hope you continue to do so.:thumb:

coolasluck

Free Member
May 16, 2010
Funster No
Thankfully we are young enough to use pushbikes,couldnt do with towing around cars and the like:Smile:,but as we get older ...well i dont want to think about that:roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back