20 hours of road closure after police stop Campervan (1 Viewer)

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
Hmmm and nothing on local news channels as to cause of incident and police are 'no commenting'

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Explosives. That explains having to close the road and strip the vehicle down without moving it.
No problem when it proves to be justifiable!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

romany

Free Member
Jul 3, 2018
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Wildax aurura xl
Exp
since 2014 camping since1968
It's a fiat based coachbuilt. I've seen them at shows.
Put it onto a low loader and drive it off the road.

20 HOURS to clear the road, seriously? Think about that for a while.
The Chinese could have built a couple of miles of 6 lane highway in that time.

20 HOURS. Go outside and look at your street for 20 hours, after a few minutes you'll appreciate the issue here.

There is no excuse, WWII ordinance has been cleared in less time.
Lets see we don't know the facts could be terrorist so for our convenience we want some poor sod to either drive it or put it on a low loader and hope to hell the explosives it may or may not have wrapped around gas tanks don't explode and kill him or even better kill the selfish sods who thought it should be moved for their convenience.
On the other hand they have read Jeremy Clarkson rant and are taking the piss :devil:

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Unfortunately it is all too easy these days to criticise without being in possession of the full facts, although the media have been somewhat guilty of it for years, and all too often it is the police (who are after all human and doing the job WE ask them to) who become the target.

I was once held up for three hours on a Belgian motorway with a coachload of holidaying passengers who obviously wanted to be somewhere else, and became quite voluble about it. That all changed, however, when we were finally allowed to proceed very carefully past an horrendous crash scene involving a couple of trucks and two cars that had been covered up with tarpaulins, and they didn't need many............!

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Explosives. That explains having to close the road and strip the vehicle down without moving it.
Err, no it doesn't . It states "possession of explosive materials" which in the UK now also includes a bottle of the old type McKenzies smelling salts( Just in case you were wondering why you haven't bee able to buy any for some while)
It would also include any vehicle,motorhome carrying spanish floor cleaner 'amoniaco' .Which is used to clean floors , 5ml per 5 litr , treat insect bites & jelly fish stings but in the UK is bomb making material.
I just hope the bloke transporting my motorhome back to spain doesn't go via the Uk with 2 litres of amoniaco in it & pepper sprays.:rofl:He could have a problem.:laughing:
I don't doubt this bloke was up to something but until we know exactly what is classed as behind any of the offences he could just be a motorhomer apart from the public order offence.
He is charged with
" possession of an explosive substance, possession of an offensive weapon, possession of pepper spray, possession of a bladed article in public "
The first is a as above even smelling salts,
second. is anything
third is legal in most EU states but in the UK is on par with carrying a gun.
fourth is also appliable to most people.
All of the above with what prior to crossing & buy new on return journey.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
Err, no it doesn't
I am prepared to give the the benefit of any doubt to the people who were actually there and had to make the difficult decisions, rather than to those who are just guessing.

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
Hang on!, Police searching for explosives after a tip off, in nothing more than blue gloves?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
explosive materials? we all carry propane cylinders, and if we searched our sheds and cupboard under the sink would likely have the makings of a viable device. it's just the knowledge of how to do it is missing for most folk

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Err, no it doesn't . It states "possession of explosive materials" which in the UK now also includes a bottle of the old type McKenzies smelling salts( Just in case you were wondering why you haven't bee able to buy any for some while)
It would also include any vehicle,motorhome carrying spanish floor cleaner 'amoniaco' .Which is used to clean floors , 5ml per 5 litr , treat insect bites & jelly fish stings but in the UK is bomb making material.
I just hope the bloke transporting my motorhome back to spain doesn't go via the Uk with 2 litres of amoniaco in it & pepper sprays.:rofl:He could have a problem.:laughing:
I don't doubt this bloke was up to something but until we know exactly what is classed as behind any of the offences he could just be a motorhomer apart from the public order offence.
He is charged with
" possession of an explosive substance, possession of an offensive weapon, possession of pepper spray, possession of a bladed article in public "
second. is anything
I suppose if we’re going down that route, you could include granulated super as we all know can, together with certain types of weed killer, create an explosion, then there’s matches........

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I suppose if we’re going down that route, you could include granulated super as we all know can, together with certain types of weed killer, create an explosion, then there’s matches........
....and gas bottles

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
He is charged with
second. is anything

Blimey, we have amoniaco in our van.

I didn't know this ...

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
We have sharp knives and sometimes OH threatens to use them on me :Eeek:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Perhaps it would have been a good idea to wait, then, before deciding to state that the items concerned could have been as trivial as smelling salts, cleaning fluid or domestic knives.
It was already known, several hours before your post, that police had had to carry out a controlled explosion at the other site connected with the investigation. It was also known that the incident started when the man concerned threatened people with a crossbow, hardly what "most people" would carry.
We now know, from an article published less than 2 hours after your post, that the articles seized included three crossbows, swords, lock knives and an explosive black powder.

May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
... and makes those whinging on here about so called Police inefficiencies look very very silly this morning.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back