Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
australia
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
hi everone
were do you dump your waste when you traveling around the uk are there public places

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
No specific public dump points but the camping clubs allow a 'day' visit to dump waste...both liquid and household... and take a shower etc...usually around £5 per visit.

many folks use public toilets when they are quiet but the remoter rural ones (view points / rest areas etc) are usually on a septic tank and the chemicals can kill the good bacteria so not a good idea.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Notice you have an RV so its a little more dificult.
Some motorway service areas have coach dump stations,I have used these in the past.Grey waste is not a problem,just find a storm grid or sewer manhole.Black waste is always a problem,just be sensible:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp

many folks use public toilets when they are quiet but the remoter rural ones (view points / rest areas etc) are usually on a septic tank and the chemicals can kill the good bacteria so not a good idea.

No chemicals with a SOG

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
He has an RV so there should be no chemicals in the black tank.

OP
OP
P

pkurzok

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
australia
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
just to let you know

i have a amrecian a class using bio friendly stuff in the black tank. in other countries eg nz and oz the council provided dump station to use in lay by.
paul

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
i have a amrecian a class using bio friendly stuff in the black tank. in other countries eg nz and oz the council provided dump station to use in lay by.
paul

Probably a reflection of the fact that (as a result of the balance between residential areas and wide open spaces) there is much more call for such facilities in New Zealand and Australia. Various attempts over the last few years to promote the provision of aire type facilities in the UK have all failed to garner support from more than a handful of motorhome users.

Graham

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
when we dump from our black tank if there is no access for us to dump using the sewer pipe we do it in stages using one of these, we have a short length of sewer pipe with the connectors on it to use with the tank
http://www.fiammastore.com/Fiamma-W...omes/Fiamma-Roll-Tank-40L-Fresh-Water-Carrier

We use a similar one to this but the problem is that a lot of elsan points are raised fairly high off the ground and these things get too heavy to lift.
Jim
:Smile:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
We use a similar one to this but the problem is that a lot of elsan points are raised fairly high off the ground and these things get too heavy to lift.
Jim

I agree with you on that, a few times both bill and me have had to be there to lift it for emptying, although you can buy the smaller version which holds 23ltrs similar to the weight of an ordinary large thetford cassette but it would mean twice as many trips.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
when we dump from our black tank if there is no access for us to dump using the sewer pipe we do it in stages using one of these, we have a short length of sewer pipe with the connectors on it to use with the tank

time to invest in a macerater ... one of the best bits of kit we bought .. :thumb:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
time to invest in a macerater ... one of the best bits of kit we bought .. :thumb:

I know jim but that is something i will have to let landylover(bill) convince my bill of the virtues of it,seeing as he isnt really into my hobby
mmmm this years christmas present - a macerater.

maggie

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Next doors letter box, If you don't like them. Its kinder that a gallon of peterol and a match.

Doug.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
We used a macerator and pump in a domestic setting once when we were too far from the manhole but how does work in a motorhome setup? :Confused:

They attach to the 3" dump line from the black and grey tanks , haven't seen one on a euro van ... but then again, only a few euro vans have black tanks. They can pump the waste up to about 30 mts , maybe more, depends on size and type of discharge hose.

A used a smooth walled transparent reinforced nylon round hose 3/4 " rather than lay flat.

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Jim

I agree with you on that, a few times both bill and me have had to be there to lift it for emptying, although you can buy the smaller version which holds 23ltrs similar to the weight of an ordinary large thetford cassette but it would mean twice as many trips.

Are you talking of this one ?

http://www.fiammastore.com/Fiamma-Water-Tanks-for-caravans-and-motorhomes/Fiamma-Roll-Tank-40-W

Just wondered as this is the waste one and the one we have and I found that if you shut the tank to tank dump as soon as the indicator pops up it is quite managable weight wise, mind you it's only about 2/3 - 3/4 full but I let it fully fill once, never again me and Mrs D in a small 'disposal room' trying to lift the bugger without spills:Eeek:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
in a small 'disposal room' trying to lift the bugger without spills:Eeek:

That's a good point to remember if thinking of emptying a cassette or other container in a public toilet. Many of them have no facilities for cleaning up spills so any slips could be embarrassing to say the least :roflmto:

Graham

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back