did anybody get any good deal from show (1 Viewer)

craiggs

Free Member
Feb 20, 2010
Funster No
did anybody get any good deals from the show i did not get as the weather was so bad

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Furry russian hat £10
Did you see the show special Kipor 2000w genny £449 -------- I searched online £349 delivered.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Furry russian hat £10
Did you see the show special Kipor 2000w genny £449 -------- I searched online £349 delivered.

imitation leather and fur 'trappers' hat £10

shirl couldn't decide which to have so she bought three at a fiver each:Doh:(and she doesn't wear hats :ROFLMAO:)

also a 20ft 'dump' hose so i dont have to empty the black tank into a bucket again...not a nice job

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Got £50 off a bike trailer thing, got a deal on a few other bits too.

Def saved more that the £40.00 ticket price.. Well pleased. :thumb:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
On the grounds that I spent over a grand at Cheshire, anything less than a wallet 200 quid lighter is a good deal :roflmto::roflmto:

Graham

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I was doing well

I was doing great..did not spend a lot until last thing Sunday when we decided to buy a Snooper Ventura S7000 saterlite system. I have a very good Pioneer system already linked to my back up camera and a music centre in one. But I wanted the ACSI data base (hard to use even on the Ventura) Plus I wanted all the bits that gives the height annd size and weight etc., The pioneer only has car or foot. Purchased at £400 - a little off the direct sell price from Snooper. But still had to spend £29.99 putting the cameras on.

Other wise I just purchased items I had pre ordered or really needed (very few) Purchased a play mat with roads for the grand son for christmas at £12.99. A new dog bed for Ezzie £20.00.

Weather did not help, to cold and just not really in the mood to spend hours looking when you have to wear the long trail coat to keep dry.

The ususal bungies (with the plastic ball on the end - various sizes) and a gas heater and 10 butane bottles to use in the evening outside .. did not use it this trip. But cheaper than Argos by £15.00 .. cheaper/similar price to some dealers that advertise here on this site that have them on there web site but none in stock..

Overall not impressive by my normal standards.

Bob:Blush:

Aug 21, 2008
skegness
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
Lincoln

We bought the usual bits and bobs led lights etc and we bought a twin tub for £65 which is a lot cheaper than here in Skeg.
We did.nt get around as much as usual as the weather was so crap
Alan

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
lincoln buys

well steve ended up with three hats before he got right one and i got one but wanted the one with the pom poms on like the lady who was selling head on but didn thave those got home and guess what matalan cat gas one in with pom poms 8 quid so i will get it:Smile:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
No £2.80/£2.90/£3.00 per pint depending on barman.

Spent a fortune:cry::cry:

Got fantastic LED torch for under a fiver GREAT::bigsmile:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Don't know if it is a genuine bargain, but I got a Diabla for fifteen pounds and used it all weekend..:Smile:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Following on from your other thread, Ken and Steph, maybe he WAS and maybe he still IS.....:Eeek:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Severeal pints of real ale at never more than £2.50 and on Sunday evening it was reduced to £1.60:thumb:, proper bargain!::bigsmile:

D.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
No £2.80/£2.90/£3.00 per pint depending on barman.

Spent a fortune:cry::cry:

Got fantastic LED torch for under a fiver GREAT::bigsmile:

i paid £3 for all mine john, but they did have to check the price each time.

£3 for 'washing' lager* :Eeek:

i only pay £2.70 in the local nightclub and £2.12 in the sport/social club for fosters :thumb:

* used for washing other beers glasses ::bigsmile:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
don't know if it was a really great deal but i got a second hand gaslow 11kg bottle and all the fittings and bits and bobs for £203.00 and bonus is its got some gas in it :thumb::thumb::thumb:

andy

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Severeal pints of real ale at never more than £2.50 and on Sunday evening it was reduced to £1.60:thumb:, proper bargain!::bigsmile:

D.

The thing is Dave, that when the Van Bitz mob left you on the Saturday night we went over to the main building, every round got cheaper and cheaper once we started buying the staff drinks! Funny that !

EddieVB

OP
OP
C

craiggs

Free Member
Feb 20, 2010
Funster No
well it looks like we did not mis alot i got my snooper from Link Removed and it was £419 all in as for the beer you dont mind paying if its good but the last lot was not and i did try to see if would get better but it was not going to be

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
The thing is Dave, that when the Van Bitz mob left you on the Saturday night we went over to the main building, every round got cheaper and cheaper once we started buying the staff drinks! Funny that !

EddieVB

Yeah that is funny Ed, wonder why that happened::bigsmile:.

D.

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Went into Stormtech to look at some very exspensive coats gents £195.00 ladies £169.00 now I don't need a coat neither did Rosie but big gob here bid him £175.00 for the two and he took it:Doh: Is that a bargain or me spending £175.00 I didn't need too?

Trouble is I have bought cars like that in the past as well but they have done profit any one want a coat.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Answers on a post card please.

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Re your S7000

I got mine last year at the lincoln show
Its had problems over the last 7 months
I have phoned snooper twice and got no real help
I took it to the stand at the malvern show and got fobbed off by the seller
hope yours works better then mine

after its been on for about 10 mins when you change the screen all the icons are gone the touch screen will not work as scrolling down menues opens the items in the list
if you start to have problems with your please let me know
as at over £400 they are not cheap and should give good service

if any one else reads this and has had simmilar problems please let me know

last year i purchased :-

wash brush that extended to wash the RV ( leaks at every joint i have had to take it apart and re glue every section ) £10.99
12 volt / 240 volt supply (stopped working after only being used once)
£7.99 Exchanged at this years show with no arguments well done to JM goods
snooper S7000 £399.99

not a very good record for the show traders
I will not be buying from the show traders again they have upset alot of people from what i hear once they have your money they do not care (i can not name the bad ones on here i get told off)

please JIM can we have a name and shame page ???
the forum would be an iteresting one

I was doing great..did not spend a lot until last thing Sunday when we decided to buy a Snooper Ventura S7000 saterlite system. I have a very good Pioneer system already linked to my back up camera and a music centre in one. But I wanted the ACSI data base (hard to use even on the Ventura) Plus I wanted all the bits that gives the height annd size and weight etc., The pioneer only has car or foot. Purchased at £400 - a little off the direct sell price from Snooper. But still had to spend £29.99 putting the cameras on.

Other wise I just purchased items I had pre ordered or really needed (very few) Purchased a play mat with roads for the grand son for christmas at £12.99. A new dog bed for Ezzie £20.00.

Weather did not help, to cold and just not really in the mood to spend hours looking when you have to wear the long trail coat to keep dry.

The ususal bungies (with the plastic ball on the end - various sizes) and a gas heater and 10 butane bottles to use in the evening outside .. did not use it this trip. But cheaper than Argos by £15.00 .. cheaper/similar price to some dealers that advertise here on this site that have them on there web site but none in stock..

Overall not impressive by my normal standards.

Bob:Blush:

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Re your S7000

I got mine last year at the lincoln show
Its had problems over the last 7 months
I have phoned snooper twice and got no real help
I took it to the stand at the malvern show and got fobbed off by the seller
hope yours works better then mine

after its been on for about 10 mins when you change the screen all the icons are gone the touch screen will not work as scrolling down menues opens the items in the list
if you start to have problems with your please let me know
as at over £400 they are not cheap and should give good service

if any one else reads this and has had simmilar problems please let me know

last year i purchased :-

wash brush that extended to wash the RV ( leaks at every joint i have had to take it apart and re glue every section ) £10.99
12 volt / 240 volt supply (stopped working after only being used once)
£7.99 Exchanged at this years show with no arguments well done to JM goods
snooper S7000 £399.99

not a very good record for the show traders
I will not be buying from the show traders again they have upset alot of people from what i hear once they have your money they do not care (i can not name the bad ones on here i get told off)

please JIM can we have a name and shame page ???
the forum would be an iteresting one

I didn't buy My Snooper at a show but from their website, I think it was £419.00 the first one couldn't find my house, (we had a post code change 5 years ago) it kept putting me in another village some 9 miles away, they were very prompt at sending me an update, unfortunately this didn't work so I sent it back, (at my cost) they sent me another one out but this was refurbished, another phone call and an apology, I sent it back (at my cost) and they sent me a new one, this worked fine for two trips, on the third trip we were leaving a show and I put in my destination, as I had a good idea where I was going I didn't look at for quite a few miles then realised I had passed a speed camera and it had not told me, I looked at the sat nav and I hadn't left the show, in fact I did 240 miles and still hadn't left, another phone call and this time I am not so nice as before, I am still polite at this stage, I sent that one back (at my cost) and they sent me another one out, so far touch wood this has been fine.

Each one I have sent back has been replaced within 4 working days.

I do know a lot of people with S7000 truck sat navs and they have had no problems.

Call Snooper 01928 579579 the guys name is Ian I have found him to be very helpfull, let us know how you get on.

All the best Rick and Rosie

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back