Paid up Sky subscriber-Help!!! (1 Viewer)

GIBLA53

Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Powys/Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Compact
Exp
since 2002
Been with Sky for many moons and in general happy with subscription apart from ever increasing amount. Main Q. i want to ask for help is ....... Box kept on unless it goes into standby , viewing card never removed , Yesterday when i wanted to view a Sports Channel "This is the wrong card for this set top box" i have contacted them today and supposedly have sent a signal down the line But still no good. We are in N.France at the moment and did not need this nonsense with the card ANY SUGGESTIONS would be gratefully received Al.

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Although you may have left the box on, it depends on if the card is getting a signal from the satellite or not. Just because the box is on, it may not be getting signals from the satellite - bad LNB, dish move, cable issues.

Subscription card usually wake up within 24 hours if they have "gone to sleep" after not getting a signal from the satellite for 3 (or so) weeks.

If not, then you will have to continue to contact Sky for the card to be reactivated and re-paired, or even replaced (cards have been known to fail)...there is no other way around it -

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Been with Sky for many moons and in general happy with subscription apart from ever increasing amount. Main Q. i want to ask for help is ....... Box kept on unless it goes into standby , viewing card never removed , Yesterday when i wanted to view a Sports Channel "This is the wrong card for this set top box" i have contacted them today and supposedly have sent a signal down the line But still no good. We are in N.France at the moment and did not need this nonsense with the card ANY SUGGESTIONS would be gratefully received Al.

[FONT=&quot]Chablis and a couple of good books.....:Cool::Smile:[/FONT]

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
GIBLA53

GIBLA53

Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Powys/Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Compact
Exp
since 2002
Sorted!

Although you may have left the box on, it depends on if the card is getting a signal from the satellite or not. Just because the box is on, it may not be getting signals from the satellite - bad LNB, dish move, cable issues.

Subscription card usually wake up within 24 hours if they have "gone to sleep" after not getting a signal from the satellite for 3 (or so) weeks.

If not, then you will have to continue to contact Sky for the card to be reactivated and re-paired, or even replaced (cards have been known to fail)...there is no other way around it -
Now working after checking my transport code was 0000 not 07d4 so this was the problem . Reset after 5 min. switch off at mains

Now a happy chappy :Smile: may even get to see The Ryder Cup thanks again AL. BTW Chablis and 2 good books was an excellent idea given as what to do:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back