Flair 7100 damaged rear window (1 Viewer)

oldieish

Free Member
Feb 13, 2012
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 7100i
Exp
Since 2012
Flair 7100 (MY2000) damaged rear window, see picture. Any idea regarding: a) availability, b) cost, c) ease of diy vs dealer fitting? Van is for sale in Germany.

Attachments

• Profile Kirchweg.jpg
    Profile Kirchweg.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 104

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
That looks like a Bergholz window (as fitted to my Hymer of a similar vintage). You would probably have to get one from a N+B, or possibly Hymer, dealer. Unlikely to be cheap, but it depends on whether the whole unit has to be purchased, or whether you could get away with just the frame. My guess would be circa £300 for the unit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi oldieish i think this is going to be the Seitz s7z the z bit is important as it denotes the single lever or as the call it “centralised locking” only N+B use this window(y) that I have seen.

Might try

Martin

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Private sale then I presume

Is the rest of it on good condition? That is the big question, get a price from Polch for supply and fitting and then you have more bargaining power.

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
We have a 2013 hymer sl, it has windows with "central locking". Ie handle in middle and a catch on both vertical sides of window at bottom of the stays that keep window open.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Private sale then I presume

Is the rest of it on good condition? That is the big question, get a price from Polch for supply and fitting and then you have more bargaining power.
I would definitely do this.

Have you viewed or driven it yet? If the vendor can't/won't do a simple repair like that, there are bound to be other things to be done.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We have a 2013 hymer sl, it has windows with "central locking". Ie handle in middle and a catch on both vertical sides of window at bottom of the stays that keep window open.
The same I think, just shows how often I look at Hymers :LOL:

Martin

OP
OP
O

oldieish

Free Member
Feb 13, 2012
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 7100i
Exp
Since 2012
Hi all, thank you for your replies. This the van in question:

Broken Link Removed

As you can see it's a very competitive price, leaving quite a margin for any repairs/updating. I would prefer the later interior but there we go. The vendor is a garage mid-way between Bremen and Hamburg. My (Google translate) communication between us seems to have been fair. I'm told the owner died and it's being sold-as-seen. They've given me a reasonable price for a cam-belt change and TUV. There are a few in my price-range dotted around Germany and the Netherlands. Problem is I can afford but one visit to buy (employment constraints, the curse of the drinking classes). Question: which to gamble upon? I thought I was doing quite well with a dealer in the Netherlands until he suddenly stopped responding when I asked about the condition of the chassis. I think it's that which is the primary concern with any vehicle. Everything else can be repaired, replaced or serviced.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Hi all, thank you for your replies. This the van in question:

Broken Link Removed

As you can see it's a very competitive price, leaving quite a margin for any repairs/updating. I would prefer the later interior but there we go. The vendor is a garage mid-way between Bremen and Hamburg. My (Google translate) communication between us seems to have been fair. I'm told the owner died and it's being sold-as-seen. They've given me a reasonable price for a cam-belt change and TUV. There are a few in my price-range dotted around Germany and the Netherlands. Problem is I can afford but one visit to buy (employment constraints, the curse of the drinking classes). Question: which to gamble upon? I thought I was doing quite well with a dealer in the Netherlands until he suddenly stopped responding when I asked about the condition of the chassis. I think it's that which is the primary concern with any vehicle. Everything else can be repaired, replaced or serviced.
The chassis would surely be alko,so galvanised, as long as the axles have been greased annually they're normally ok. I would still be more concerned about driving it, that looks like the pre jtd interior to me so pretty slow and not suitable for a remap AFAIK.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
While you are in the area and if that one falls through there is one in Reimers, a couple of years newer with the later interior and the later 128bhp Fiat up front OK it is 10k dearer.

Martin

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
While you are in the area and if that one falls through there is one in Reimers, a couple of years newer with the later interior and the later 128bhp Fiat up front OK it is 10k dearer.

Martin

But at first glance the Reimers one looks in good condition though, I would sooner spend a few quid more and get one with history, that has obviously been cared for.
And to be honest I would sooner have the Iveco base twin rear set up.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
But at first glance the Reimers one looks in good condition though, I would sooner spend a few quid more and get one with history, that has obviously been cared for.
And to be honest I would sooner have the Iveco base twin rear set up.

So would most people Paul which is why the price goes up again for the same age van, about 45k for 2003 IVECO, then you would rather have the 3 litre chain instead of 2.8 with a belt and it becomes a never ending upward spiral.

Martin

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
So would most people Paul which is why the price goes up again for the same age van, about 45k for 2003 IVECO, then you would rather have the 3 litre chain instead of 2.8 with a belt and it becomes a never ending upward spiral.

Martin

Yes true, it took me years to find all I wanted in a 6.5 metre length, Iveco twin rear 3 litre set up.
Had to forego a couple of dings here and there to do this, especially with only a 30k budget.
Used but not abused.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Yes true, it took me years to find all I wanted in a 6.5 metre length, Iveco twin rear 3 litre set up.
Had to forego a couple of dings here and there to do this, especially with only a 30k budget.
Used but not abused.
You did good as they say, but you are also right that it can be a bit of a hunt.

Martin

OP
OP
O

oldieish

Free Member
Feb 13, 2012
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 7100i
Exp
Since 2012

Martin

Regrettably the Flair at Reimers is missing the drop-down front bed. I'm happy to spend more if the right van is available. On first sight this particular one looked a good deal. However, after due consideration, I'm less sure. Probably best to keep looking.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Regrettably the Flair at Reimers is missing the drop-down front bed. I'm happy to spend more if the right van is available. On first sight this particular one looked a good deal. However, after due consideration, I'm less sure. Probably best to keep looking.

Good thinking, I would hold out for the Iveco base then.
Shame you missed the one on here recently.

Patience is required one will come along.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
More robust, commercial vehicle underpinnings, twin wheel rear wheel drive couple with m+s/winter tyres, a great combination
Iveco 3 litre 166bhp came out in 2004 before that 2.8 145bhp, before that it was 125bhp.

jo10000_6

Free Member
Dec 21, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 Classic
Exp
Jan 2018
Look at this beautiful thing - is this not an option?

I’d buy this if I didn’t need have the one I have.

OP
OP
O

oldieish

Free Member
Feb 13, 2012
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 7100i
Exp
Since 2012
Look at this beautiful thing - is this not an option?

I’d buy this if I didn’t need have the one I have.

Unfortunately lacking both front drop-down bed and garage.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Why is the Iveco so highly prized in comparison with the Alko?
When I was looking around and doing my homework my thoughts were,

1 Rear wheel drive twin wheels on the rear axle and a diff lock making it 4 out of the 6 wheels driven, also the 4 wheels on the rear axle spreading the ground load on a muddy field and stopping it sinking, as we rally in fields a lot and came from towing a caravan with a 4X4 that was a big for me, it works as well(y)

2 The IVECO chassis gives higher payload figures.

3 My view was that the IVECO was more a light truck with plenty in reserve than the Ducato being a van running at or close to it's max.

For me I just thought that it made more sense that trying to lug around 5t or more with two or possibly only one wheel doing the work.

It's quite possible that there are cons as well, I imagine that the Ducato is geared for higher speed cruising than the IVECO but can't really think of any more, oh yes the MoHo will be taller on the IVECO chassis as it has to be built over the prop shaft.

Martin

OP
OP
O

oldieish

Free Member
Feb 13, 2012
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 7100i
Exp
Since 2012
I've found an early 2000s Iveco based 2.8 JTD manual. It has around 155,000 miles on the clock. The owner used to go to Spain and Morocco. Anything to worry about with that sort of mileage?

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I've found an early 2000s Iveco based 2.8 JTD manual. It has around 155,000 miles on the clock. The owner used to go to Spain and Morocco. Anything to worry about with that sort of mileage?

That mileage wouldn't worry me at all as long as the condition is right.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Any service history|records, cam belt done?
Overall condition will give you a clue as to how the engine has been looked after.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back