New year??? (1 Viewer)

Feb 25, 2008
Barril da Alva, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
on and off for the whole of my existance
I am sorry to bring this up so soon, but does anyone know if there will be a New Year meet this year into next????

Hoping so as last/this years was good fun and totally enjoyable.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Cheyne, no idea but where've you been/how are you doing:thumb:
Beat me to it Dodgey:thumb:

We have been wondering too Cheyne, been keeping a look out for ya... how are things ?

Sorry dont know of anything yet , perhaps someone will come along and say if anything happening

Kath n John

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
does anyone know if there will be a New Year meet this year into next????

There certainly: The Dame Penelope Pitstop Special. Only Fearless Funsters need apply.

AKA The Spanish Job. Hola!

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
There certainly: The Dame Penelope Pitstop Special. Only Fearless Funsters need apply.

AKA The Spanish Job. Hola!

yes Brian which would be terrific if we could do that, but alas a long way for New Years hols ::bigsmile:::bigsmile: trouble is we wouldnt want to leave the funsters or return to the brilliant "Welsh" weather :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I am sorry to bring this up so soon, but does anyone know if there will be a New Year meet this year into next????

We all know Paul can't organise it but if he was able to do it then some others should be able to, it ain't rocket science.

I'm sure a PM to Paul will give contact details and tips on what and what not to do. The pub certainly won't say no.

Come on FUNsters, get yourselves into gear. How hard can it be ?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Come on FUNsters, get yourselves into gear. How hard can it be ?

A bit more on this one.

There seems to be a pattern of "come to my meet and I'll feed you".

Is that bribery ?

I almost certainly deters FUNsters from suggesting meets. If someone organises a meet, why should they have to worry about feeding the 5000 ?

They didn't get that with The Italian Job. I organised people seeing the finest sites in Europe, I'm not feeding the b&&&&&ds as well. This did not go down well with one or two but I'm not bothered, the import thing was people saw Italy.

The New Year at Cotton Arms, this is particularly inappropriate for dishing out food in front of a MH, it's far too cold. SO if anyone wants to organise this all they have to do is post it here, give the pub notice of X FUNsters arriving and that should be it. All you need is a list of FUNsters on the field and make sure they pay. Check, but as I understand it, the pub lays on the New Year bash in the hall themselves.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
As many of you know Bryan and I have arranged the New Year Meet for the last few years, however, this year we have decided to join the Pitstop Production in Spain. :Eeek:

We did speak to Joe at the Cotton Arms last June and told him that we would not be organising the New Year meet this year but hopefully some other funster would.:thumb:

Joe agreed to let us have the Pavillion, which many of you know has heating, lighting, tables, chairs etc., for the duration of the meet. We can take our own food, our own drink and basically use the room as we see fit. We will of course need to confirm this with him.::bigsmile:

If we don't want to take our own food they will provide (for a price of course the food and drink from the pub).

If Bryan and I were here we would have suggested that each van take a platter of food or nibbles and we all just have a Jacobs Join or American night whatever you tend to call it in your neck of the woods!

So come on funsters, I have already asked Paul (Haganap) to do it and unfortunately he can't so someone please take it on this year. Its the best deal we have had and it would be a shame to lose the venue.

If anyone needs any further info or help please pm either me or Bryan and we will assist wherever possible.::bigsmile:

OP
OP
upmarkethippy
Feb 25, 2008
Barril da Alva, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
on and off for the whole of my existance
Hello all,

I have been hiding away from the world in middle england as the small wheels on my land rover gave me a complex??!!!
No seriously, I have been busy doing doing the real life scenario, work, house, other half(Lynne) and her operation on her neck, which was off to a bad start from the h.d.u. in hospital.

Things are now starting to settle so almost ready for trips/meets again.

Unfortunately neither Lynne or myself are in a possition to organise the New Year meet but would try to attend if some one did organise one.

Would be good to catch up.

Cheyne and Lynne

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back