Scared of sneezing (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
When ever I sneeze our Jack Russell runs for cover, either to his bed or Jan, ears back and tail between his legs.

I've never seen this behaviour in a dog before and just wondered if it was common.

All I can think of is that this is a primeval response, interpreting it is as a sign of disapproval from the pack leader .. if Jan or Chaz sneeze it doesn't bother him ..

Its not a problem, I'm just curios .

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
A sneeze or a loud sniff is very bad news in doggy language.
Dont ask me how i know , cos i cant remember , but its true.
Check on that true or false thing you like to look at:winky::ROFLMAO:

Seriously though, our 13 year old Border Terrier has never bothered , but our 2 year old Border hates it , ears down , head down , tail under , and skulks out of the room , who ever does it :Sad:
Oh i remember now who told me , the vet.
Bev

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
A good loud sneeze maybe emits a lot of noise on the high frequencies that dogs hear very well. Maybe your sneezes are saying something. - ScotJim Dolittle ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Thanks for the dog info Bev

why the dig ? :RollEyes:

Just incase you do.....( i know you like to:winky: ) and if the vet was wrong , i dont end up feeling silly for posting something the web site said was false.
Thats all. Not meant nastily.

As for the pooping , or eldest hates the sound. It has the same effect on her as sneezing or sniffing does on the young one.
We know why too. This stems to Ralph working away for a week , taking the caravan and the older dog with him for company. He got a jippy tummy and had terrible noisy ( more than usual :RollEyes:) wind. In the confined space , the poor dog must have been traumatized, shes never been the same since. Even if someone does a pretend one ( raspberry ) she drops her head , lowers her ears , and skulks out of the room..... with a guilty look on her face. Poor thing.
Bev

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Probably just the sound - it may sound like a disapproval, or just be loud for his sensitive ears!

As for popping off - if any of us do it, the dog glares at you and skulks of with a disapproving look on his face.

If HE does - then thats fine! He just looks at you and smiles!

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
One of our previous dogs if any one popped off would first smell herself as if to make sure it wasn't her and then look disapprovingly at whoever it came from.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Probably just the sound - it may sound like a disapproval, or just be loud for his sensitive ears!

As for popping off - if any of us do it, the dog glares at you and skulks of with a disapproving look on his face.

If HE does - then thats fine! He just looks at you and smiles!

The dog is obviously male.
Nowt wrong with that.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back