samsung netbook n210 plus help (1 Viewer)

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Help needed.

I have just purchased a netbook. Model Samsung N210 Plus. which runs on windowes 7 starter.
I only bought it to use in the motorhome with Autoroute 2010. Having brought it home since discovered that to run Autoroute from it I will need 2 gigs of ram and the netbook only has 1 gig of ram. :cry::cry::cry:
I tried to load Autoroute from a memory stick and have spent about 10 hours trying but unfortunatley I do not have the know how to do it.
Does anyone know how I can resolve this issue, maybe downgrading to XP (Will it work)
Need to sort it out immediatley as we are away for 3 weeks from 3rd of October.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Here's hoping

Lesley

gj1023

Free Member
May 20, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
1 week lol
Well on looking at Amazon reviews , a lot of people , either ordered it with a upgrade to 2 gig or bought 2 gig of ram and fitted themselves . This maybe the only way for you.

Gary

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Hi ya, we have been looking at the Samsung Netbooks, and it looks like the Windows 7 starter doesnt get as good as reviews as XP ones. You will definately need the 2 gig ram upgrade. Can you run media okay on yours, ie from a disc unit.

We were going to buy the Xp one, but am waiting maybe for the newer model due out with 2 gig ram bigger hard drive and bluetooth capabilities (however this is windows 7 starter pack. Its out in america but not here yet.

Let us know how you resolve the issue.

Pat

H14KLY

Free Member
Jul 4, 2008
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 year
it is very easy to upgrade a mem chip just buy the 2 gig ram chip from a supplier of your choosing then undo the two screws on the small plate under the laptop , unclip the old ram chip put the new 2 gig in its place and push down it clips back in no trubs redo up the plate turn on lappy, it may come up with mem dyscrepency error, just reboot and all works fine. honestly you wil have no troubles doing this just that pcworld and others like to make it sound hard to get your hard earned lolly out of your pocketo into theres

OP
OP
lesleyjean

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Hi ya, we have been looking at the Samsung Netbooks, and it looks like the Windows 7 starter doesnt get as good as reviews as XP ones. You will definately need the 2 gig ram upgrade. Can you run media okay on yours, ie from a disc unit.

We were going to buy the Xp one, but am waiting maybe for the newer model due out with 2 gig ram bigger hard drive and bluetooth capabilities (however this is windows 7 starter pack. Its out in america but not here yet.

Let us know how you resolve the issue.

Pat

Hi Pat

I did not know they made one with windows xp as I would have purchased that one. I really love xp and have difficulty with any new operating system.
I have not tried to run media on mine yet. The one I have does have bluetooth. I will let you know when I have sorted it. :RollEyes: Mine runs on Windows 7 starter, so it must be out in the UK. Only bought it yesterday.

Cheers

Lesley

Last edited:

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Hi Lesley, my post is a bit misleading (thats me through and through).
The older models have XP maybe a different model number. The newer ones all come with XP.

However the one that is out in america cant remember the model number comes with the 2gb ram, more storage and bluetooth. But that too is Windows 7 Starter.

I know its fairly easy to upgrade to 2gb, but with the extra sorage and bluetooth I thought it was worth the wait. But dont want windows 7 starter on it.

May buy the older model with XP and upgrade though.

Pat

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Help needed.

I have just purchased a netbook. Model Samsung N210 Plus. which runs on windowes 7 starter.
I only bought it to use in the motorhome with Autoroute 2010. Having brought it home since discovered that to run Autoroute from it I will need 2 gigs of ram and the netbook only has 1 gig of ram. :cry::cry::cry:
I tried to load Autoroute from a memory stick and have spent about 10 hours trying but unfortunatley I do not have the know how to do it.
Does anyone know how I can resolve this issue, maybe downgrading to XP (Will it work)
Need to sort it out immediatley as we are away for 3 weeks from 3rd of October.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Here's hoping

Lesley

Hi Lesley

I purchased a net book when I was in the UK about 1 to 2 months ago....mine is a HP 210mini with 250 gb hard drive and 1024 of ramm( 1gb) I have 2010 autoroute cd and it has installed onto the new net book.......If i remember it did not go on first time try...but it did go and is working fine ???? I used the CD, microsoft Autoroute Europe 2010.....
good luck.

I must say I am having a lot of trouble installing soft ware on windows "7"
...I wish I had never seen or heard of it
Mel in France.....I have spent about 4 hours today trying to install software....I have a laptop on XP and a desktop on Vista ....and now this load of crap "7" ON THE NET BOOK....EVERYTHING I BUY ..OR WANT TO BUY DOES NOT RUN ON 7...

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi Lesley

I purchased a net book when I was in the UK about 1 to 2 months ago....mine is a HP 210mini with 250 gb hard drive and 1024 of ramm( 1gb) I have 2010 autoroute cd and it has installed onto the new net book.......If i remember it did not go on first time try...but it did go and is working fine ???? I used the CD, microsoft Autoroute Europe 2010.....
good luck.

Mel in France.....I have spent about 4 hours today trying to install software....I have a laptop on XP and a desktop on Vista ....and now this load of crap "7" ON THE NET BOOK....EVERYTHING I BUY ..OR WANT TO BUY DOES NOT RUN ON 7...

Lesley
I did try to copy from my cd to my 4gb memory stick/ pen drive and then back onto my netbook as it did not have a cd drive........and no matter how i tried it would not install.......so I purchased a external cd drive....and hey presto it worked.

Hope that is of some help to you ....do you know anybody with a external cd drive you can borrow....to try your disk

Mel:thumb:

OP
OP
lesleyjean

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Hi Lesley

good luck.

Hi Mel

Thank God it is not only me. I think I am a lot more capable than I actually am.:roflmto:
One day my perseverance will work and I will be thrilled with the outcome, but until that time there is always FUN.
I have given up as usual and passed it onto the local computer guy, who will upgrade the Ram to 2 gig and hopefully install Autoroute for me. Maybe I should ask him to install XP for me as well:ROFLMAO:
I have been thinking of going to night classes to learn a little more, then I think to myself, life is too short and I am too old:roflmto:
Going away soon, so although dissapointed, still mega happy.::bigsmile: Thanks for the reply.

Lesley

OP
OP
lesleyjean

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
If you have no DVD drive you can go on line and download Autoroute 2010 at www.microsoft.com/uk/autoroute/activate
and use the Product Key that came with the package.
That's what I did and it seems fine.

Hi John

Hi John

I tried that as well. System requirements for Autoroute 2010 are 2 gig of RAM for netbook running windows 7. My netbook only has 1 gig of ram. After spending at least 10 hours playing about with it, putting Autoroute onto a memory stick, downloading a virtual dvd drive etc etc etc. BIG HEADACHE. I usually give things my very best shot, but as I said, my actual capabilities are nowhere near as good as I think they are:roflmto: Is your netbook the samsung n210 plus?

Lesley

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi Mel

Thank God it is not only me. I think I am a lot more capable than I actually am.:roflmto:
One day my perseverance will work and I will be thrilled with the outcome, but until that time there is always FUN.
I have given up as usual and passed it onto the local computer guy, who will upgrade the Ram to 2 gig and hopefully install Autoroute for me. Maybe I should ask him to install XP for me as well:ROFLMAO:
I have been thinking of going to night classes to learn a little more, then I think to myself, life is too short and I am too old:roflmto:
Going away soon, so although dissapointed, still mega happy.::bigsmile: Thanks for the reply.

Lesley

I too have even thought of having XP put on the netbook as we have the disk.....but what would happen all the software I have struggled to put onto the netbook with windows "7".......or do i cut my losses before I go any further......????????.......

Mel

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
If you have no DVD drive you can go on line and download Autoroute 2010 at www.microsoft.com/uk/autoroute/activate
and use the Product Key that came with the package.
That's what I did and it seems fine.

John

John that would have been a perfect idea :thumb:........but i also needed the cd drive for other software ...but yes :thumb: great

Mel

OP
OP
lesleyjean

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Lesley
I did try to copy from my cd to my 4gb memory stick/ pen drive and then back onto my netbook as it did not have a cd drive........and no matter how i tried it would not install.......so I purchased a external cd drive....and hey presto it worked.

Hope that is of some help to you ....do you know anybody with a external cd drive you can borrow....to try your disk

Mel:thumb:

Job done, many thanks to all who responded. As recommended an external cd drive loaded it, albeit local computer guy done it. A bit slow, so I will buy the 2 gig memory from Amazon as suggested. I will probably purchase an external cd drive as well.

Well happy, now:roflmto:

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Hi John

I tried that as well. System requirements for Autoroute 2010 are 2 gig of RAM for netbook running windows 7. My netbook only has 1 gig of ram. After spending at least 10 hours playing about with it, putting Autoroute onto a memory stick, downloading a virtual dvd drive etc etc etc. BIG HEADACHE. I usually give things my very best shot, but as I said, my actual capabilities are nowhere near as good as I think they are:roflmto: Is your netbook the samsung n210 plus?

Lesley

Glad you're sorted Lesley. I have an Advent Milano Elite with only 1 gB of RAM and it seems to work OK. Hate the default voice though. With Windows 7 Starter I don't think you can change it. :Sad:

Still thinking of 'downgrading' to XP.

John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back