LPG for house and engine (1 Viewer)

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
is it possible to fit an extra tank on an rv and then pump the gas in to another tank eg

hold gas in one tank then use the gas by puming it in to either the house gas tank or in to the engine gas tank on a lpg conversion?

i get about 230 miles to a tank of LPG i want to carrrie an extra tank say 200ltr of LPG then as one thank runs low on either house side or engine beable to pump it across to either tank

any one know if this is possible?? what would be required? when can you fit it for me ??? heheheee

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Dont know if what you want to do is possible as am not a gas fitter.
What I have seen on Evilbay is LPG pumps so you can pump liquid gas it seems.
Why not just fit an extenda stay and couple up to a bottle in a locker,much easier for the habitation side.
I know where your coming from though,it would be usefull to be able to transfer to whichever tank you choose.

johng

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
Kent/Sussex UK
Funster No
MH
1984 C ClassGMC
Exp
yes as far as I know, adding tanks is quite normal to increase range.. I dont think you swtich between them, rather they balance each other out if you get me. but may be wrong on this..
any decent lpg fitting place will/should be able to add a tank :)

sorry re-read your post .. um.. dunno ;) increasing range of the fuel side would be my suggestion, by adding a tank.. and using a normal cylinder to increase your domestic 'range' would sort that out.. (on my RV I use the BBQ out as a way of fueling the domestic, and still have the domestic tank present as well - so effectively two tanks)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
yes as far as I know, adding tanks is quite normal to increase range..

Add another tank as suggested, connect the two tanks together with a 12v gas isolation solenoid valve in the line.

Normal running keep the valve closed, if you run out of engine LPG then open it and the LPG will flow into the engine tank , both tanks will now have same level. No pump required.

The valve can be controlled by a switch on the dash with an indicator light to show Open or Closed.

It would work equally well other way round, ie engine lpg into house gas tank.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
not a problem for me.....

i have a 30 GALLON 'house' lpg tank

oddly, this is the original US factory fitted lpg tank and the plate says 29.9 gallons/135ltrs.
i would expect the tank capacity to be in US gallons but 135 ltrs is 30 imp gallons

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back