Free Member
Aug 18, 2018
North East England
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one yet
Exp
We are newbies
Hi guys ages since we posted (we were at the van-sourcing stage at that point). We found Roger Relay in November and lots of blood sweat sleepless nights and CASH since we are about to start our journey ?. We are away for most of July, off grid/stealth mostly - no TV at the moment so the Boss wants at least the internet for entertainment. Any recommendations? It will run an iPad... thanks in advance Deb (and Jimmy)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Sounds like you want a Mifi. This will create a wifi signal you can log into to get the Internet. Vodafone were doing a 100GB deal recently which was good value but if you are staying in the UK there may be better options with unlimited data.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
get a mifi router and a three sim, but watch out as video eats through data quickly. if you buy at a three shop you can get a sim £18 a month which has "go binge" as an offer. this allows use of the below services without using up your data

Go Binge is currently compatible with Apple Music, Netflix, Deezer, Lifetime, Snapchat, SoundCloud and TVPlayer, so you'll be able to stream any of them over mobile without fear of running over your data allowance.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Deekay64

Deekay64

Free Member
Aug 18, 2018
North East England
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one yet
Exp
We are newbies
Thanks for the replies, yes just UK at the moment. Jimmy is Orthodox Skinflint by religion and just choked on his Kronenburg at £18 a month ha ha ha. He’s a YouTuber so likely will need a lot of data though. I hadn’t heard of Mifi. I’ll do some research

Reactions: DBK
Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
Sounds like you want a Mifi. This will create a wifi signal you can log into to get the Internet. Vodafone were doing a 100GB deal recently which was good value but if you are staying in the UK there may be better options with unlimited data.
Ditto. The Vodafone offer is great for us. We are in Spain and this year we are getting BBC iplayer and all the other stations and catchup without a VPN. I am even getting Virgin go and loads of the accompanying tv stations without a VPN. Doubt if i'll even use half of the 100gb.

Reactions: DBK

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back