Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Having read many threads on this site, I have come to realise many of us have cassic/collectors or vintage cars.

My own collection is down to one at present due to building a new workshop and work taking my time.

So go on tell me whats yours and if you havn't got one what would you like.

Oh mine is a 98 Chevrolet C5 Corvette Convertable special order reg No C5 VET, and when I get a new trailer it just might be my toad.:thumb:

All the best Rick.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I had a lovely Jag convertible, not the V8 beast with dark wood, just for the odd sunny day.

Wife made me sell it, she said I was too bloody old to drive it:cry:

Mind you the Mercs getting on, ten years old and 100,000 plus on the clock and still does 44mpg and drives like a dream ::bigsmile:

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
motor roamin

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
I had a lovely Jag convertible, not the V8 beast with dark wood, just for the odd sunny day.

Wife made me sell it, she said I was too bloody old to drive it:cry:

Mind you the Mercs getting on, ten years old and 100,000 plus on the clock and still does 44mpg and drives like a dream ::bigsmile:

Peter

I know the feeling I had a flat floor 3.8 E type third one off the production line, had it when I was 17 it was rusty with no soft top so got wet but I loved it, rebuilt it when I was 25 and sold it when I was 30 (reluctantly) as I thouhgt I needed to put more mony in my business lol.

Got three Mercs at present all low miles must sell one, it's the wifes previous car 2001 E320 Avatguarde. Rosie has the 05 shape E320 CDI now what a car it's quicker than my S class CDI.

All the best Rick (certified car nut)

mejulie

Free Member
May 22, 2010
Caversham,Reading
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
1999 Jaguar XJ8 3.2 V8 Sport. Currently on the market.:cry:

Attachments

• DSC_0032.jpg
    DSC_0032.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 16

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
TBO an old car is an old car.

Out of date and generally smell like it to.

I can think of a few cars I have had are now classics but would I want one now? NOT REALLY

craiggs

Free Member
Feb 20, 2010
Funster No
1953 ford pop hot rod so got a v8 just so i dont get left at the lights

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
I have a 1968 Triumph Herald Convertable. We bought it back in 1980 so it looks like we might keep it :ROFLMAO:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
i had a 1989 lancia delta hf turbo great fast car just needed a week in the garage after a weekend out playing :Doh: every time :Doh:
and i thought swmbo was expensive to run :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
motor roamin

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
i had a 1989 lancia delta hf turbo great fast car just needed a week in the garage after a weekend out playing :Doh: every time :Doh:
and i thought swmbo was expensive to run :ROFLMAO:

Pretty much like a Ferari then drive 300miles get it mended and come home.

All the best Rick

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Lotus Esprit 2.3 Turbo 1990, it broke down every now and again had an awful interior was so low to the ground you felt every bump wasnt overly quick and had the worst gearbox known to man.

Sold it when the head gasket gave up and I just couldnt be bothered fixing it again.

Would I have another one??..........in a heartbeat :Eeek: but it would have to be the twin turbo V8 S4 version in yellow with a white interior with yellow piping :thumb:

Biggest mistake I made selling it, I miss it every single day :cry::cry:

OP
OP
motor roamin

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
I have a 1968 Triumph Herald Convertable. We bought it back in 1980 so it looks like we might keep it :ROFLMAO:

The trouble with being an ex car dealer I have owned most cars so I am nit trying to be big headed if i keep saying I have had one of those, but I had herald estate as a garage hack and that was great fun until it self destructed with the dreaded tin worm.

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
I had a 1970 Dodge Charger 440 RT went like sh*t off a shovel engine rebuilt by Hauser racing complete with a six pack carburretor set up, problem was it had drum brakes , very scary, sold it when gearbox went, wish I had kept it:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Lotus Esprit 2.3 Turbo 1990, it broke down every now and again had an awful interior was so low to the ground you felt every bump wasnt overly quick and had the worst gearbox known to man.

Sold it when the head gasket gave up and I just couldnt be bothered fixing it again.

Would I have another one??..........in a heartbeat :Eeek: but it would have to be the twin turbo V8 S4 version in yellow with a white interior with yellow piping :thumb:

Biggest mistake I made selling it, I miss it every single day :cry::cry:

Excellent choice...

Ferrari Dino....Oh Yessss

I still own a Europa Big Valve Special...

Will I ever sell it???? NO.

Maybe a Bugatti Veyran in 30 years....:Eeek:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
OK for all the old cars would you want to drive one today.

You've got your air con, dvd, six speed,cruise control, automatic everything electric and works.

Just about anything does a ton to!

Oh and motor roaming another ex dealer hear to:Blush::Doh;

OP
OP
motor roamin

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
OK for all the old cars would you want to drive one today.

You've got your air con, dvd, six speed,cruise control, automatic everything electric and works.

Just about anything does a ton to!

Oh and motor roaming another ex dealer hear to:Blush::Doh;

I couldn't agree more, I wouldn't want to drive one on a daily basis, but I can have fun driving an austin 7 just the same as I can in my Corvette, I used to have (sorry it was the wifes car) a Jensen Interceptor SP a car well ahead of its time loved it but wouldnt want to drive it daily now. All of these cars are fun in their own right and way.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
The trouble with being an ex car dealer I have owned most cars so I am nit trying to be big headed if i keep saying I have had one of those, but I had herald estate as a garage hack and that was great fun until it self destructed with the dreaded tin worm.

Hi Rick,

Small world, I had car sales garage for a few years, Peter the Pipe the called me at Blackbushe, loved the car trade, never made any money at it though, too many staff! Fortunately I had another business that did make profit and the garge and that one married together as I had a fleet of cars on it hence owning a garage at the time.

Leased it out 8 years ago, now I do make money with the rent :ROFLMAO:

Peter

OP
OP
motor roamin

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Hi Rick,

Small world, I had car sales garage for a few years, Peter the Pipe the called me at Blackbushe, loved the car trade, never made any money at it though, too many staff! Fortunately I had another business that did make profit and the garge and that one married together as I had a fleet of cars on it hence owning a garage at the time.

Leased it out 8 years ago, now I do make money with the rent :ROFLMAO:

Peter

Bought a good few Rollers and Bentleys out of blackbush in the 70's lol

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Bought a good few Rollers and Bentleys out of blackbush in the 70's lol

I used to put chunky stuff in there.

Picked up from other BCA's from around the country:winky:

My old stamping ground Enfield:Blush: and Bedford:thumb: and up norf for stock:Smile:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I dont realy know what makes a classic-collectors car, I know I have owned many American,British and European classics over the years,but never thought of them as classics,only good fun.
I am of the opinion that any vehicle that puts a smile on your face when you get into it is a classic,and when you just get into it for a ride round with nowhere particular to go,just for the hell of it,is a classic.
Classic example of this was when JJ took delivery of his Velosolex recently...I never saw a man happier with his mode of transport in my life.
Dont have any true classics now...that is unless you count my 22 year old RV, 21 year old VW camper or 20 year old Panda toad.
The last classic car I had I sold 2 years ago as it was gathering dust in the garage was 1966 NG TA kitcar with MGB running gear.
Weighed about as much as a sack of potatoes and was damned quick.

Oct 5, 2009
anglesey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
since 1999
hi rick

seems most people on this site have some motor trade connections,did 40 yrs myself then finally retired 6 yrs ago to play at home.
owned loads of classic and interesting cars over the years presently own 1932 rolls 20/25, 1936 derby bentley 4 1/4 and 1986 merc 300se.
modern vehicles are shogun, transit van and transit motor home.
must get something that does more to the gallon one of these days.

dave e

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back