Bike dog basket (1 Viewer)

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
I am looking at buying a dog basket to fit on the front of my ebike for my Jack Russel to go in as she is 14 now and struggles on her legs.

Have you got one or can you recommend one from personal experience, I have looked at a few on line but would like to know how good or bad they are that you have used

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Used a wire basket but it was bought in France some time ago, this was fixed on top of the pannier rack on the back of the bike as it is more stable than on the front.

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
We have tried a couple of baskets, they are great if your dog does not move while travelling... unfortunately ours did so we had to go down the route of one of these.
upload_2019-5-27_18-28-42.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Lanerboy

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Yes my brother has one of these bought due to his dog having major vack surgery

Don't think my dog will like these though she is very needy and I think she will be better up front where I can keep my eye on her

Alfie159

Free Member
Mar 11, 2019
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 2019
Exp
My sister brought a simple square black canvas one off amazon. Plenty of room for small pup and didn’t move an inch

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
My Little dog skip was quite poorly . Like yours, a jack Russel, but with a poorly heart. We spoke to the local morrisons who gave me a basket to convert. I fitted it to my bike and placed a blanket inside. It worked well until she decided it was time to leave us.
We gave the basket back to Morrisons with a donation for the local charity they were running at the time.
Possibly one of the saddest moments in my life

Kev

Jan 29, 2015
shropshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2014
I was going to buy the "bike buddy" not cheap but the reviews were good and numerous films on you tube. I contacted the uk retailer and he sent me the exact sizes, unfortunately it was too small for our beagle. But it might be worth a look.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We have used the ''Walky Basket" from inner Wolf for over 8 years for our 7kg Izzy. It says it holds up to a 9kg dog but I seem to remember it used to say 10kg. I got ours from Inner Wolf and they have a large selection to choose from.
We have always been happy with it, Izzy loves it. Easy to clip on and off. We do know other happy dogs with this model too.
If you buy one I suggest that when mounting the bracket on your bike, do as they say and angle it up but also take two or three cable ties and put them around the bracket itself (seen in photo) just the bracket. This stops the bracket spreading. Needed because the same bracket is used for many less stressed tasks, so not a bodge, just reinforcement.
https://www.innerwolf.co.uk/walkyba...a-3EaVwWY_Uc3eHneQ8GXczzHOuE5rZ8aAp4zEALw_wcB available from Amazon too.
IMG_20180903_133828607_HDR.jpg

I think she is nodding off here :) the parasol is an optional extra (y)
20160611_145425.jpg

Flying along (y) Janie

Aug 17, 2011
North East
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs T7057
Exp
since 2011
We have a rear basket and lid made by Dutch company Basil.

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
The bike buggy that goes behind is what we have always used. You can get a fitment that turns it into a pram for when you go walking. We've used it on two dogs. The secret to getting them used to it is to take the 'pram' version with you on a walk. Walk the dog until its tired. Sit them in it with there favourite blanket and then walk them in it. They'll get used to it eventually. Did this with our present Welsh Terrier when he was a pup. There is nothing like a welsh terrier, probably the most stubborn and difficult dog going ….but he just took to it after using the technique described. Now 3 yrs of age and just sits in it like Lord Muck.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We have used the ''Walky Basket" from inner Wolf for over 8 years for our 7kg Izzy. It says it holds up to a 9kg dog but I seem to remember it used to say 10kg. I got ours from Inner Wolf and they have a large selection to choose from.
We have always been happy with it, Izzy loves it. Easy to clip on and off. We do know other happy dogs with this model too.
If you buy one I suggest that when mounting the bracket on your bike, do as they say and angle it up but also take two or three cable ties and put them around the bracket itself (seen in photo) just the bracket. This stops the bracket spreading. Needed because the same bracket is used for many less stressed tasks, so not a bodge, just reinforcement.
https://www.innerwolf.co.uk/walkyba...a-3EaVwWY_Uc3eHneQ8GXczzHOuE5rZ8aAp4zEALw_wcB available from Amazon too.
View attachment 306637
I think she is nodding off here :) the parasol is an optional extra (y) View attachment 306642
Flying along (y) Janie
That's the same that i used for my susie but she was just 4 kilos it will hold up to 7 kilos.
Not cheap but i now use it for shopping now she's gone bless her.

RVFUN

Free Member
May 7, 2017
Chatham Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Champagne 694
Exp
Newbies to motorhoming - purchasedJune 2017
Selling all of the above for pets see classified ads - pet trailer, canvas box, and basket with wire cover. All 3 methods work well but as I have 3 little dogs have upgraded and bought a front metal carrier and newer cocoon style for my new larger Dutch bike. The trailer was for our old staff or we have sadly lost now. PM if interested.

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
Selling all of the above for pets see classified ads - pet trailer, canvas box, and basket with wire cover. All 3 methods work well but as I have 3 little dogs have upgraded and bought a front metal carrier and newer cocoon style for my new larger Dutch bike. The trailer was for our old staff or we have sadly lost now. PM if interested.
Hi
Can you post a link to what you’ve bought for your three dogs please, as I think their combined weight may add up to our Molly’s 14kgs? Don’t like trailers, so have been searching for a solution for ages!!

Feb 19, 2023
France the Pyrenees
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 2002
Exp
Newby to Motorhome but not to traveling, caravaning and camping
We have tried a couple of baskets, they are great if your dog does not move while travelling... unfortunately ours did so we had to go down the route of one of these.
View attachment 306581
I love these. I see quite a few near the beaches in southern France, and French people love handlebar baskets for little dogs, so cute.

Feb 19, 2023
France the Pyrenees
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 2002
Exp
Newby to Motorhome but not to traveling, caravaning and camping
View attachment 306637
I think she is nodding off here :) the parasol is an optional extra (y) View attachment 306642
Flying along (y) Janie
OMG she looks wonderful in that!

Dec 31, 2021
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix supreme
2nd the buddy rider , keeps them strapped in and you cant feel the extra weight as they are mounted on the seat post

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back