The wire fell off! and google earth (1 Viewer)

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Ok, we know know why the cooker (hobb) on our RV decided to stop working (electronic ignition - that fires the gas)... We have had one not working since we took delivery over a year back (so much for PDI's) .. to day I decided to have a look... the main wire from the ignitor had fallen off.. just needed pushing back in and it then worked 2 of the 3 burners. I decided also to look at the one Sue has said never worked.. the pipe that carried the spark to the hobb ring was disconnected.. in fact bent... was it ever connected? I wonder, but a pair of pliers later it is back in the clips and we now have 3 hob rings working from the ignition switch and no more matches.

The instruction book is about worthless as it just tells you to clean it... anyway we have harmony on the Winnibago again.. the kitchen chief is happy.

Another job done for next weekend at Lincoln.

Just looked on Google Earth to get the longs and lats for the site, boy it is big, the google earth shows a fair of some sorts in fall swing.. lots and lots of cars and people... massive place. - Google earth is very helpful if you need the longs and lats of a site, my pioneer seems only to take them and not post codes... anyway simple job now of entering them up just before I pull out.

A day of doing all the small jobs that a motor home needs to keep it running smoothly.

Bob:Eeek:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Bob,

There's a location map for Lincoln on the OAL site Link Removed.

I assume you'll be coming up the A1 and across the A46 to the A15. If entry is the same as last year you need to drive past the showground and left into Horncastle Lane to get to the required gate. There should be plenty of signs along the A15.

Graham

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
yes that is the route we will be coming

Bob,

I assume you'll be coming up the A1 and across the A46 to the A15. If entry is the same as last year you need to drive past the showground and left into Horncastle Lane to get to the required gate. There should be plenty of signs along the A15.

Graham

I have been here many years ago to do a toy fair, but not in recent times. Yes it is the A1, A46 and then the A15 and follow the local signs.

Have printed off the link just in case.. never trust a saterlite unless you have checked it on a map first.

B ut thats Graham for the reminder.

Bob:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Bob,

Graham

this would be my usual route south Graham but now i've joined the 'must use the worlds fuel resources in one trip' brigade i had to have a rethink.

much cheaper for me to use the Humber bridge via Bridlington (staxton-driffield has too many hills) then the A15 all the way.
bridge toll is/should be £2.75 (motorcaravan) which equates to around 10 miles of lpg...a damn sight more miles to go the A64/A1 route.

Via A64/A1 = 140mls
Via humber bridge = 84mls

a saving of around 60ltrs return:Eeek:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
this would be my usual route south Graham but now i've joined the 'must use the worlds fuel resources in one trip' brigade i had to have a rethink.

much cheaper for me to use the Humber bridge via Bridlington (staxton-driffield has too many hills) then the A15 all the way.
bridge toll is/should be £2.75 (motorcaravan) which equates to around 10 miles of lpg...a damn sight more miles to go the A64/A1 route.

Via A64/A1 = 140mls
Via humber bridge = 84mls

a saving of around 60ltrs return:Eeek:

I think I'd do the same if I were in Scarborough. Bob is coming from deepest sarf though :Smile:

From Tees-side we'll use A19/A1/M62/M18/M180/A15. We could go right down the A19 via York and Selby but by the time you factor everything in there's little difference fuel wise in a van like ours and it's no quicker.

Graham

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Yes deep South - across the mason dixon line

I think I'd do the same if I were in Scarborough. Bob is coming from deepest sarf though :Smile:

From Tees-side we'll use A19/A1/M62/M18/M180/A15. We could go right down the A19 via York and Selby but by the time you factor everything in there's little difference fuel wise in a van like ours and it's no quicker.

Graham

Well it would be the mason dixon line if we were in the USA... have to show the passport above the Dartford river crossing:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.. it only costs £1.50 for my American RV... same as a car, and if I go through after 10 p.m and as planned around 4.30 it is free, that is a couple of mile of fuel saved.

Have several choices of getting up to Lincoln but the A1 is the normal one I would use, just being careful of the speed camera's.. do not need to rush, as leaving earlier to avoid the M25 crawl.. can always stop for breakfast.

Bob:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
barbed wire so I hear

:thumb:
Good job you're not going into Yorkshire - might have to bribe the border guards :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Graham

I heard you had barbed wire surrounding the county:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:and toll booths like those at Dartford River crossing:Cool: Bad lands for us Southerners.... OK only joking before you lynch me...:shout:

Bob:Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back