Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
but will it live up to expectations ?

Does any software ?

I don't think so.

It's the gobsmacking ones that just appear that I love - Google Earth then Google Streets. Full on "jesus how did I live without this" programs.

30 years ago it was Turbo Pascal. Then Delphi.

bigmillie

Free Member
May 6, 2008
Camberley Surrey
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Classic C class
Exp
On/off since 1966
Tells me that it wont run with XP need to get a more upto date version of windows :Eeek:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
of course a vista upgrade, ah well can forget that then.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
V8 caused no end of problems I had to revert to 7, v7 is stable why change it, what's new in V9?

IE8 running on Vista caused major problems with our data CDs through lack of testing by Microsoft - which it took them months to admit. As a result I run IE8 on the Vista machine just in case the error gets re-introduced through an update. I've stayed with IE7 on the XP machines though - I've never identified any glaring lack of "must have" features.

Graham

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Been running IE8 on all home and work pcs now for some time.The amount of customer machines I remote on to that are still using ie6...Causing a few errors now with web browsing.

No problems seen so far.Win xp and Win 7 pc'S.IE8 Worked fine with 32 bit Vista but I decided to go 64bit and really utilise the processors.For those that do...windows xp mode is great for retro software and virtual machine for other os's.

I have learnt to pre test these beta releases first. On a virtual "test" machine before deploying them.

Bought Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit and works a treat £72.

Testing Office 2010 Full Release Home Users £8.95.A bargain for legit software.:thumb:

I always use Cometbird for quick browsing.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back