Newly disabled would like info (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
J
Dec 23, 2012
colchester
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
40 yrs
Thanks Chris for your very interesting and informative piece, really enjoyed reading it and i am in touch with Sid at Des Gosling Mobility hoping he can fit that transfer plate to our Fiat, but since ours is a panel van there may be complications with turning the seat around which is a must, but waiting to hear and keeping my fingers crossed. Loved what you did inside with the handles etc. Thank you once again will post how i get on.

Apr 11, 2017
Earby, Lancashire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruse Select 144
Exp
started Oct. 2016
I must say, as an able-bodied person I am impressed with what you lot have achieved to make life a little easier.
I am watching the thread as my daughter's MS seems to going the wrong way.
Thanks all
Phil

Oct 18, 2014
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B598 PL
Exp
Since 2013
I must say, as an able-bodied person I am impressed with what you lot have achieved to make life a little easier.
I am watching the thread as my daughter's MS seems to going the wrong way.
Thanks all
Phil
Hi Phil
Some adaptations we’ve learnt....
I’ve now migrated to getting a ‘clip on hybrid hand cycle’ for one wheelchair and use thumb rims on the other. I take the hand cycle in the rear of our motorhome, the battery power + being able to get some ‘arm’ exercise has made a huge difference.
Having a wider habitation door helps in obvious ways as does a fixed rear bed.
I have French, Spanish, Belgium, German & Dutch translations of a notice found on AA that I place out with my blue badge to help ensure there is no misunderstanding! The EU badge should prevent any misunderstandings of course.
My wife and I now search to the nth degree for accessible options, for example we use Euans guide and other sites to help smooth the way. We found by digging that a prime site like the Honfleur Aire make no charge to utilise parking and ehu.
Any questions do not hesitate to ask.
All the best
Nick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Hi Phil
Some adaptations we’ve learnt....
I’ve now migrated to getting a ‘clip on hybrid hand cycle’ for one wheelchair and use thumb rims on the other. I take the hand cycle in the rear of our motorhome, the battery power + being able to get some ‘arm’ exercise has made a huge difference.
Having a wider habitation door helps in obvious ways as does a fixed rear bed.
I have French, Spanish, Belgium, German & Dutch translations of a notice found on AA that I place out with my blue badge to help ensure there is no misunderstanding! The EU badge should prevent any misunderstandings of course.
My wife and I now search to the nth degree for accessible options, for example we use Euans guide and other sites to help smooth the way. We found by digging that a prime site like the Honfleur Aire make no charge to utilise parking and ehu.
Any questions do not hesitate to ask.
All the best
Nick

It is French law now that a disabled blue badge holder can park anywhere as long as it’s not causing an obstruction.

You can park in any aires free of charge for as long as you like, the only exception is aires with paid barriers, you have to pay on those as it’s your choice to use them....

The good informed lady that runs Honfleur said I could park there all year with free electric if I wanted too and not pay a bean....

Oct 18, 2014
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B598 PL
Exp
Since 2013
It is French law now that a disabled blue badge holder can park anywhere as long as it’s not causing an obstruction.

You can park in any aires free of charge for as long as you like, the only exception is aires with paid barriers, you have to pay on those as it’s your choice to use them....

The good informed lady that runs Honfleur said I could park there all year with free electric if I wanted too and not pay a bean....
And what a lovely person she is!

OP
OP
J
Dec 23, 2012
colchester
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
40 yrs
Further to post by Chris Sykes, I found it very helpful and contacted Gosling who I have established will do the work on our new van when we get it, the only thing bothering me is will it be suitable for me? I would really love to try before I buy so to speak, but do not know how to send a personal message to Chris, have posted under help section but no reply can anyone help please?

Mar 18, 2018
Congham , Near King's Lynn, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1967
Further to post by Chris Sykes, I found it very helpful and contacted Gosling who I have established will do the work on our new van when we get it, the only thing bothering me is will it be suitable for me? I would really love to try before I buy so to speak, but do not know how to send a personal message to Chris, have posted under help section but no reply can anyone help please?
Hi very pleased you found my post helpful, we live near King’s Lynn and I would be happy for you to visit and look at our adapted Motorhome plus try out the chair lift if this would be helpful to you my email address is chris.sykes@usc.uk.com please email me with your phone number and I will call you to arrange a mutually convenient appointment Kind regards Chris

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
We've just had roast sweet potato and parsnips cooked in coconut oil, with leeks, cabbage and carrots and apple sauce. We love it and try not to eat carbs. Glad to be of help.

Just screenshot that. It sounds delicious. Thank you.

June, there is so much help and information for you on this forum, as you can see above. Please keep posting and let us all know your decisions and be there if needed.

OP
OP
J
Dec 23, 2012
colchester
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
40 yrs
Thank you all so much you have been so helpful and will contact you chris via email.

Ann-Marie

Free Member
Jul 21, 2022
Funster No
MH
Self converted motor
Exp

Hi I was wondering if this is still the case and Honfleur Aire is still free for blue badge holders?

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Hi I was wondering if this is still the case and Honfleur Aire is still free for blue badge holders?

Nope. Our blue badges are no longer valid in France or Spain

No idea, but I’ll test it whenever I get out there

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back