Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
We may do Morocco in January and we have been told Safeguard no longer do green cards for Morocco. I also rang them to confirm the above.
Ins is due in July anyone recommend a company that are still doing green cards for Morocco

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
We may do Morocco in January and we have been told Safeguard no longer do green cards for Morocco. I also rang them to confirm the above.
Ins is due in July anyone recommend a company that are still doing green

Saga did ours this year £25 for 2 months.
afaik comfort do it but £25/week

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Zepp

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Also been told comfort are no longer doing green cards for Morocco by a funster at Newbury can anyone else confirm this

What have I missed, why have the ins company’s stopped doing green cards !

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
What have I missed, why have the ins company’s stopped doing green cards !

Not entirely sure but FYI the US State Department (DOS) raised its travel advisory on Morocco from L1 to L2 on the 2nd April-19:

Screenshot_20190519-100042_Samsung Internet.jpg

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 3, 2018
D&G
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Hi,I renewed my insurance in April with Adria Flux because they will do a greencard for Morocco. They could not give a cost as you have to provide them with dates of your trip before you go.
I changed from c&cc as they don't issue one.
Hope this is of some use.

Cheers Chris.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Been quite a long discussion on the Morocco threads on this subject and the situation seems to be changing all the time. I can only personally speak for Comfort who I believe will still do a Green Card for Morocco (at a price of course) but the whole process has been muddied by the potential problems of a deal/no deal Brexit. Pretty sure this will apply to most companies/brokers.

I'd wait until a lot nearer the time for your departure and no doubt there will be a Morocco 2020 thread started around October.

Mar 2, 2009
Prescot merseyside
Funster No
MH
Burstner elegance
Exp
Comfort insurance just quoted £33.60 per week for morroco plus £20 for first week on a 4ton van
If you buy at border do u still need a green card

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Saga will do a Green Card for a one off £25 admin fee, but you have to be very specific about exact dates when entering and leaving Maroc.

Mr Mousy

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2013
Llanelli
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840
Exp
First moho 11/2013, second 11/2014 current from 09/2019.
Policy taken out in November with Comfort as they were cheaper than anyone else. When we decided to go to Morocco I cancelled the Comfort policy as they charge for the Green Card (an admin fee of £20 plus around £33 per week while in Morocco with a maximum price cap of around £233). I took out a policy with Saga. Saga did not charge me for the Green Card. While the insurance premium from Saga was more than Comfort when you include the Green Card cost the Saga policy was about £140 cheaper. Hope this helps.

Zepp

Mr Mousy

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2013
Llanelli
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840
Exp
First moho 11/2013, second 11/2014 current from 09/2019.
Saga asked...

Date leaving UK
Departure port from Spain
Departure date from Spain
Arrival port in Morocco
Departure date from Morocco
Date arriving back in UK
Approx mileage of trip.

I explained the date arriving/leaving Morocco was not fixed.

The date back in the UK was not fixed.

The mileage will be less than the maximum covered by our policy.

Saga then posted me the Green Card which covers the earliest date we leave Spain and the latest date we will leave Morocco - this gives us lots of flexibility and a Green Card for 90 days in Morocco.

No real hassle getting the Green Card.

Zepp

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Policy taken out in November with Comfort as they were cheaper than anyone else. When we decided to go to Morocco I cancelled the Comfort policy as they charge for the Green Card (an admin fee of £20 plus around £33 per week while in Morocco with a maximum price cap of around £233). I took out a policy with Saga. Saga did not charge me for the Green Card. While the insurance premium from Saga was more than Comfort when you include the Green Card cost the Saga policy was about £140 cheaper. Hope this helps.

Zepp

I would maybe have done that but my renewal is in May and it was cheaper to stay with Comfort and pay the extra.

Comfort insurance just quoted £33.60 per week for morroco plus £20 for first week on a 4ton van
If you buy at border do u still need a green card
All you will be buying at the border is evidence of insurance cover whilst in Morocco and isn't a Green Card as we know it. With this insurance, although I cannot recommend or otherwise, you're allegedy covered for third party traffic accidents in Morocco.

You might, however, decide to ask your insurers for a Green Card for Europe as we still don't know for certain if it'll be needed or not - from what I've heard nobody has been charged anything for that.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back