Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I have just been looking at a list of 62 van converters in the UK,:Eeek: I had only heard of a few of them. Forgetting price (for a moment) who in your opinion does the best quality panel van conversions in the uk?

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Jim
We had a look around van conversions by I H Motorhomes whilst at the Malvern Show. We were most impressed with them, very innovative and high quality finish.

Brisey

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I have seen only a few - probably 10 ish - but both IH and Timberland ( MURVI deserves a mention ) stood out IMO :thumb: Having said that at about 10 k premium on some of the others, so they should :thumb:Never having owned either one I have no idea if this premium is deserved ie hold together well in use :winky: but they do get a premium price come sale time.Yet overall you will loose more money on a 40 k van at say yr 5 than with a 30 k van ie it may well be worth 5 k more than the 30 k one but you paid 10 k more in the first place :Eeek::ROFLMAO:
terry
edit- Indeed when I get around to converting my next van I will be doing a lot more H/W on all 3 mentioned plus a few others to nick a few ideas to copy-- I am sure Swift / auto cruse nicked my layout on there PVC heehee

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Must agree IH and Timberland seem nice Murvi seem good but not to keen on personally.

Had a Devon finish not so plush as above but had for 2 years only really changed as disabled wife found it appeared to be shrinking but apart from that no problems.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Jim. any chance of the list of converters you were looking at, just to save me a bit of time trawling the 'net.....?

Thanks

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I am very impressed by the Timberland range, always look like really good quality, I will try and remember MMM from this month that has a comparison of two panel van converters (for bath)

However one other thing to say is that do not discount Adria, they are a fantastic converter and do some excellent panel vans, at a fraction of the cost of Timberland. :thumb:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
on my second so bound to say only one for me is IH:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.