MarkieMark

Free Member
Sep 7, 2010
North Derbyshire
Funster No
Exp
Hi,

Bit of a newbie question.

Just purchased a Eura Mobil 500 Sport on an 04 Fiat Ducato(?) chassis (2.0 JTD).

Problem I am having (to date) is the mirrors - I can't seem to get them in the right place. The mirror lenses don't seem to have a lot of movement - so all I see is the road (where as I like to see the side of the van so I can guage where the traffic is in relation to the van).

Any help / advice appreaciated.

Rgds,
Mark

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
electric or manual adjust ?

by the way....welcome to the fun.

if i remember correctly the electric ones are on a form of ratchet and with firm pressure on the glass the ratchet will 'slip' the teeth allowing the mirror glass to move without the motor.

OP
OP
M

MarkieMark

Free Member
Sep 7, 2010
North Derbyshire
Funster No
Exp
Hi,

Thx - good to be here ....

As I can't find the electrical adjust button, and I don't see any wires going into the door - I assume they are manual operation. But trying to force them - I'm sure I did here click of a ratchet mechanism.

They only want to seem to move a couple of mm in or out.

Rgds,
Mark

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mixter

Free Member
Dec 2, 2009
Keighley, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Now a year - cant believe it!
They must be leccy powered if you cant move them. You only want to be seeing a sliver of the side of your van - not a great slab. You know what the van looks like, its the road - or folk behind you, need to be seeing.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
on my 2001 ducato its on the far right of the dash near the lower edge (last switch).....4 way gimbal switch for upper left/right and lower left/right with a switch in the middle for selecting left or right mirror.
small pics of upper and lower mirrors.

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
2003 Ducato the mirror adjustment is on the arm rest on the driver's door.

OP
OP
M

MarkieMark

Free Member
Sep 7, 2010
North Derbyshire
Funster No
Exp
First - thanks for all your replies.

Had a really good look at the mirrors yesterday, and they are manual - just a real b*gg*r to move. You literally have to have one hand behind the mirror and force the lens in the direction you want. It then moves making a noise like a creaking door.

Putting that amount of force starts to bend the lens before it starts to move though .....

So, is it possible to remove the lens and lubricate the mechanism behind. If so how does the lens come away from the mount?

Rgds,
Mark

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Mark..

As far as I know, door mirrors, whether electric or manual must be adjustable from inside the vehicle from the drivers seat .. maybe someone can confirm. ?

my old 10997 Fiat Seicento had manual stalks on the inside of the door .. it seems odd yours have neither ..

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Mark..

As far as I know, door mirrors, whether electric or manual must be adjustable from inside the vehicle from the drivers seat .. maybe someone can confirm. ?

my old 10997 Fiat Seicento had manual stalks on the inside of the door .. it seems odd yours have neither ..
Desirable but not compulsory

how does the lens come away from the mount?
usualy in pieces:Doh: dont attempt it, unless your prepared to buy new:Eeek:
Try a spray lubricant past the glass into the back, the danger is making them too loose

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back