Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Hi All

We've only been without a m/home for about 8 weeks and its driven us nuts:Eeek:

We just recieved the money from USA for the sale of our RV got the full asking price.::bigsmile:
We had intended to buy a S820 Hymer we'd fell in love with but the guy sold it a few weeks ago:cry::cry: Can't find another within our budget and as we have plans for some of the money we will not spend a penny more than we allocated.

Anyway we've found an exceptionally nice Hymer B694 within our budget and loaded with extras, we've bid on it and it looks as if we've got it.

Are there any inherent faults with this model I should look for????
Don't know much about Euro vans as the last 4 vans have been Rvs and the last Euro van was 18 years ago.

Thanks in advance:thumb:

Wow

Trader - Engine ReMapping
Sep 8, 2010
Charlestown, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
As a VERY happy 655 - 2.8jtd owner for 3 years with absolutely zero faults. This is our first Hymer and I wouldn't want anything else, even when the people call it ugly! If the layouts right, good nick, well serviced etc. you can't go wrong :Smile:

Hi All

We just recieved the money from USA for the sale of our RV got the full asking price.::bigsmile:
We had intended to buy a S820 Hymer we'd fell in love with but the guy sold it a few weeks ago:cry::cry: Can't find another within our budget and as we have plans for some of the money we will not spend a penny more than we allocated.

Anyway we've found an exceptionally nice Hymer B694 within our budget and loaded with extras, we've bid on it and it looks as if we've got it.

Don't know much about Euro vans as the last 4 vans have been Rvs and the last Euro van was 18 years ago.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Can't find another within our budget and as we have plans for some of the money we will not spend a penny more than we allocated.
:

Now I have heard that so many times before Rory,,,:winky: be great to see you back on the road again and the hymer will be well winterised for a ski trip ::bigsmile:

As to answering your question, Jock as in Jock and Rita is a hymer anorak, sure he will be along soon he knows all about them I tell ya :Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Now I have heard that so many times before Rory,,,:winky: be great to see you back on the road again and the hymer will be well winterised for a ski trip ::bigsmile:

Hi Paul

Its true matey honest, you'll love my plan its right up your street.

I've signed on to join a group next April to ride a m/bike 16500 miles from London to Beijing via Tibet and hopefully up to Everest basecamp. If we make it we'll be only the second group to do it, in fact more people have been to the moon:Eeek:
Approx 5000 miles off road so have had to swap the Yamaha for a BMW GS1200:cry: which I'm in the process of tricking up ready for the trip and its costing a bloody fortune. Jan is going to fly out to Cheng Du in China to meet me and spend a month touring China on the bike with me.
Then we're hoping to ship the bike to Kenya and spend 2 months touring in Africa going down to Capetown before shipping the bike back from Jo'burg although that ones still in its early stages.
Hence not too much dosh to spend on a m/home.
Need to do these trips before I get to old or lose my nerve.::bigsmile:::bigsmile:
Hope to see you soon, Hows the jiving going????:thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
wow, that was the one you were telling me about,.,,, go for it Rory, enjoy it and make sure you come back and tell us all about it. :thumb:

Soundman

Free Member
May 1, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
16 Years
I don't think you could do better. A 1200GS and a Hymer.
A match made in heaven.
(Maybe a Vespa tucked away somewhere as well!):ROFLMAO:
Good luck:thumb:

Soundman

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
As to answering your question, Jock as in Jock and Rita is a hymer anorak, sure he will be along soon he knows all about them I tell ya :Cool:
Oi, we'll have less of the "anorak" matey. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Rory knows very well, my views on his decision to go for a Hymer. But like anything else, it needs a good going over with attention to detail first, and a quality damp test....................just in case any possible "undeclared" damage has compromised a seal or joint.

Rory, I hope that it is what you and Jan are looking for in quality and spec.

Cheers,

Jock.

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Oi, we'll have less of the "anorak" matey. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Rory knows very well, my views on his decision to go for a Hymer. But like anything else, it needs a good going over with attention to detail first, and a quality damp test....................just in case any possible "undeclared" damage has compromised a seal or joint.

Rory, I hope that it is what you and Jan are looking for in quality and spec.

Cheers,

Jock.

Hi Jock
As you know we really fell in love with the s820 but it was'nt to be so "thats life" fact is we're using the money for other things so a S820 is out of our budget at the moment. We've discovered very quickly that we can't live without our m/home, a weekend in a hotel in Brighton last week convinced us we need to buy another

I was'nt sure about the B694 but Jan really liked it so thats half the battle as I've wanted to downsize for a long time, as much as I love RVs I'm afraid they don't really suit our type of travelling anymore.

teccer1234

Free Member
Oct 25, 2010
Funster No
Hi All

I bought one of these 3 years ago, (had a hymer 544 before for 12 years) I wish I'd got the B964 years ago, over the moon with it, spent the last 3 years wintering in spain haven't found a thing wrong with it :thumb: off again tomorrow for another 6 months::bigsmile:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp

Hi Paul

Its true matey honest, you'll love my plan its right up your street.

I've signed on to join a group next April to ride a m/bike 16500 miles from London to Beijing via Tibet and hopefully up to Everest basecamp. If we make it we'll be only the second group to do it, in fact more people have been to the moon:Eeek:
Approx 5000 miles off road so have had to swap the Yamaha for a BMW GS1200:cry: which I'm in the process of tricking up ready for the trip and its costing a bloody fortune. Jan is going to fly out to Cheng Du in China to meet me and spend a month touring China on the bike with me.
Then we're hoping to ship the bike to Kenya and spend 2 months touring in Africa going down to Capetown before shipping the bike back from Jo'burg although that ones still in its early stages.
Hence not too much dosh to spend on a m/home.
Need to do these trips before I get to old or lose my nerve.::bigsmile:::bigsmile:
Hope to see you soon, Hows the jiving going????:thumb:

Hi Rory, just been to Germany and while we were there we met a motorhomer and his wife, and he and his son went on this trip:

Link Removed

He is John Jewell and his son is Mike Jewell and that cost them £70000 for the two of them, his son had an accident in Peru and he had to carry on without him.:cry:
But we just loved hearing all about it, and look forward to hearing all about yours.:thumb::thumb:

Good luck with the new van.:thumb: ( take no notice when they call it an Ice cream van ) :Smile: Bob.

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Hi Rory, just been to Germany and while we were there we met a motorhomer and his wife, and he and his son went on this trip:

Link Removed

He is John Jewell and his son is Mike Jewell and that cost them £70000 for the two of them, his son had an accident in Peru and he had to carry on without him.:cry:
But we just loved hearing all about it, and look forward to hearing all about yours.:thumb::thumb:

Good luck with the new van.:thumb: ( take no notice when they call it an Ice cream van ) :Smile: Bob.

£70000.00 Blimey why did it cost that much???

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Thats what he said,::bigsmile: only £35000 each....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Not bad for a once in a life time trip.................. Trouble is he would like to do it again.:Doh: Did you look at the clips I think it was no 4 going across the bridge. :Smile: Bob.

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years

Link Removed

Hi Bob and Jane, I thought it sounded familar, we went to a talk by the owners kevin and Julia of the Globebusters adventure motorcycling touring holidays, I even think the father and son were there, I think he badly broke his leg or something.

We priced it up and that was going to be our original trip on the bike, but it was ride, ride, ride, we then got the motorhome and have now decided to combine the trip with motorhome and bike. I think the Alaska to Beuna seiras is going to be the first leg of our trip after we have built the truck to do it.

Its amazing that once we got into research these trips that there are thousands doing it as we speak.

Its not cheap to do these adventure trips, and if you go on the organised ones they cost a small fortune. Its something that we had to rule out in the end, otherwise the one trip on an organised one would have wiped out the cost of the truck we want to build.

Rory have a great time, stay safe.

Pat

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back