RV Tap, US to UK? (1 Viewer)

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
Hi,

I am thinking of changing our kitchen tap for a UK monobloc one and the tap connectors are obviously different.

Has anyone with an RV changed their tap from the American one to a UK domestic one?

Thanks
Bryan

OP
OP
Bryan

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
Hi Jim,

In the picture your sink has a mixer tap, not a monobloc.

Is it the 'before' picture?

Monobloc taps have smaller connections but if you found that the uk tap connection threads are the same as the US tap threads then I may be able to swap it easily anyway.

Bryan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Bryan

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
Interesting, why did you change from a monobloc to a mixer?

I'm surprised (but pleased) that the connection are the same.

I've just thought, was the monobloc that you took out definitely a US one? Is there a chance that it had already been changed to a UK tap and that is why you were able to swap easily?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Interesting, why did you change from a monobloc to a mixer?

I'm surprised (but pleased) that the connection are the same.

I've just thought, was the monobloc that you took out definitely a US one? Is there a chance that it had already been changed to a UK tap and that is why you were able to swap easily?

The one I removed was the original.. I know this for sure because I had the tap booklet in the wallet that came with the RV

One evening while parked up at the pub in Kent the top blew off it... we were on mains at the time and the water hit the roof, ..literally ... there was no way of repairing or even doing a bodge, so armed with the old tap I went to the nearest B&Q and to my delight found that the tap connection was the same as the UK taps..

So we picked the mixer you see in the pic :Smile:

To fit all I had to was drill an extra hole in the work top .. job done

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Bryan

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
Thanks Jim.

I'll risk ordering a UK monobloc from my favourite retailer and see if it fits.

If it does I will then have to drill a hole and fill two as we'll want the new tap central to both bowls.

Mains pressure blew the tap!

Did you have an inline 'pressure regulator' on as well?

I know a fiver owner who is thinking about replacing the yank plumbing with hep2o so he can be on city water with no pressure reg and be happy in the knowledge that his van can take the pressure on uk sites.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back