LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We are off to the Lincoln show ground next weekend to the BMF show.. rather than trundle back home again only to return a few days later for the Motorhome show, we decided to stay up there and perhaps 'do' Skeggy

But !
Cannot find any info on any sites up there..
ideally would like somewhere as close to the front as poss of course ::bigsmile:

However............

If anyone has any other ideas where we should plot up for 3 days bring em on ! :thumb:

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Hiya Jim, did that ! LOL !
The closest one seems to be the Winthorpe Avenue one but even that is almost 2 miles from the main Skeggy 'front'.. Bit of a step for a penny arcade and fish and chips ! ( By my own admission I am a lazy sod who does not do the 'walk' thing unless sore pushed ! :Blush:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hiya Jim, did that ! LOL !
The closest one seems to be the Winthorpe Avenue one but even that is almost 2 miles from the main Skeggy 'front'.. Bit of a step for a penny arcade and fish and chips ! ( By my own admission I am a lazy sod who does not do the 'walk' thing unless sore pushed ! :Blush:)

ok.. :roflmto:

back to the drawing board ...

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
can you call me on 01522 881570...theres a car park.....perfic

Now for me that WOULD be spot on.. Sadly woman will insist on a shower block at the very least ( even though the shower in the van is huge and very well appointed )

Chances are the bloody woman will also insist on a club house to frequest ( but I think she is gonna be out of luck LOL !!)

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )

Cheers Gill, but a little quote from the site :Smile::

The promenade stretches for miles, so bring your walking shoes,

See above ! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

But it IS a site I have now put on the to do list for next year when we have the new rig with the new bike slug on the back ! :winky:

freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
skegness sands the caravan club site would be ideal , site is virtually on the beach ,2 pubs and a chippy 5 minute's walk down the road along with the bus stop to ingelmells and skeggy £1 each way takes about 10mins

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
That will work for me I reckon !
Duly noted and sorted :)

But !!

No one has mentioned any alternative destinations that might be of interest within say, 50 miles of Lincoln ??

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Just checked on that Skeggy Sands site..
As a non-Caravan club member it will cost me £23.50 a night !!!!! ( and no wish to become a member at the moment ... sorry )

For what is a fairly basic site I think the words 'no bloody chance' spring to mind..
For almost a £100 for four nights I might as well drive back home and return to Lincoln on Thursday !!

Sooooooooooooo....... Any other options folks ?

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Cheers DS :Smile:
That is more or less the same link as Jim posted up in post two :Smile:

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
No one has mentioned any alternative destinations that might be of interest within say, 50 miles of Lincoln ??

What - like Hull?

Seriously there are a million and one campsites on the East Coast, John but afraid I can't actually recommend any (this is Jen not Pete) as I have only been there once or twice (well 3 times LOL)

I liked Cromer when we went last year, though! Really interesting Lifeboat station, old fashioned pier, nice shops for me. Never spent my life shopping but pleasant to have some different ones to go in and look at for a change. We stayed at the CC site which is expensive but does at least have a clubhouse and a swimming pool LOL - but plenty of others! Good bus service all round the area which is helpful to all us card-holders.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I sort of meant non coastal stuff T T.. Castles, museums .. that sort of thing.. but around the Lincoln area

Be a bit pointless doing Cromer as we do somewhere on the Norfolk/Suffolk / Essex east coast every week we are not away ( It is, after all, only about an hour away ! :Smile: )

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
There is a real nice site a Hartsholme Country Park...lovely lake and only a very short bus trip from Lincoln or me:winky:

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
There is a real nice site a Hartsholme Country Park...lovely lake and only a very short bus trip from Lincoln or me:winky:

Any fishing ?
Fancy doing a bit of worm killing as it happens :Smile:

Aug 21, 2008
skegness
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
Skeg

Hi
There is a nice wild camping spot a couple of hundred yards from skeg sands site and there is usually a van or two there most weekends in the season.
There is also a cc cl 3 miles out of skeg at £3 a night but you'd need to take mh into skeg as its not on a bus route, but there is mh parking in Skeg at north parade carpark, I can get you coordinates for these if you decide to go down this route.
Alan

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Many thanks to one and all for all the input.
Did not really want to wild camp as it would mean relying on nowt but battery power for the full 10 days we will be out and about ( 3 days at the BMF, 3 days in the field, and 4 days at the MH show ) or be too far from Skeggy central ( !! )

It looks like we are now sorted out and will be staying either at the sands or Hartholme

Aug 21, 2008
skegness
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
Hi
If you decide on the Sands look out for an old geezer with 2 German Shepherds we've got a static on there
Alan

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Well equally, watch out for a fat old geezer in a biggish Miller with a bitch in tow..
But for GOD sake do not tell woman I called her that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back