Luckydave

Free Member
Sep 7, 2010
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Have an Electrolux think it's an RM4110 3-way type doesn't get much use but tried it last weekend didn't seem to be working on 240v tried the gas it lit and carried on working after 24 hours eventualy froze a small cooler block in freezer but only goes down to 55f in main compartment,tried it on 240v again and get same result what could be wrong with it?the fridge is quite old and I replaced the elements 3 years ago

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
It could be the heater element I have just changed mine as I had the same problem, another problem could need re gassing.:thumb::thumb::thumb:hope that helps a little

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Luckydave

Luckydave

Free Member
Sep 7, 2010
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
I'm thinking that because it is working the same on gas as 240v it can't be the 240v element-or am I wrong to assume this,hope I am as an element is only around 30 quid

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I'm thinking that because it is working the same on gas as 240v it can't be the 240v element-or am I wrong to assume this,hope I am as an element is only around 30 quid

If you are competent with a multimeter, first check the 230v supply to the element, if no supply check the thermostat and the fuse, if ok then check the element .

Disconnect element and test the continuity with the multimeter.

If supply present at the element and the element ok , then it is either a lack of refrigerant or the refrigerant has become ( for want of a better word ) separated ..

As a last resort, remove fridge, turn upside down and leave overnight.. Replace fridge, leave for a few hours then switch on and leave for another 24 hrs.. If still no joy and it's an old fridge then I would consider replacing as it's not economical to have it repaired.

OP
OP
Luckydave

Luckydave

Free Member
Sep 7, 2010
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Well I have had the fridge out of the van left it upside down 24 hrs re-fitted it and it now works:Smile: will it carry on working after doing this or does it tell me it needs re-gassing?Big thanks to all advice given:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Well I have had the fridge out of the van left it upside down 24 hrs re-fitted it and it now works:Smile: will it carry on working after doing this or does it tell me it needs re-gassing?Big thanks to all advice given:thumb:

Glad it's now sorted.. should be fine now and not need re gassing :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back