Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
If I can overcome my nerves and book my Eurotunnel ticket I will be waving an ecstatic farewell to the UK next week and heading across the water - for good I hope. It's just me, 3 pooches and 24ft of motorhome. I have my European campsite/Aires books but can anyone recommend any sites/aires etc that I should try out? I'm sticking with France/Germany/Belgium etc until November as I have tickets to see my fave band in Vienna in mid November. After that I'll be heading south for milder weather. :Cool:

DBSilverfox

Free Member
May 13, 2010
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since May 2010
Just read your blog.. Good luck with the journey, and I hope you find everything you are looking for,

All the best

David

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Read your blog, most interesting.

Hope you find Europe a good second best to the USA. If you don't want to end up with the Chavs and their offspring again, steer clear of the Atlantic coast of France in the summer because that's where they go:Cool:

Steer clear of the Med coast as well at this time, not that the Chavs are there, but the rest of the world seems to be.

France in particular seems very dog friendly.:thumb:

Keep up the blog.

OP
OP
ninjayorkies

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
Good Luck and have a good time. Be safe.
Jim
:thumb:

3 dogs (1 has no teeth), baseball bat, several pairs of metal toe capped boots - I should be good. I've been warned about being mistaken for a 'lady of the night' in Spain as apparently they travel around in campervans 'servicing' lorry drivers !? :whatthe: I did say I wanted some part time work :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
3 dogs (1 has no teeth), baseball bat, several pairs of metal toe capped boots - I should be good. I've been warned about being mistaken for a 'lady of the night' in Spain as apparently they travel around in campervans 'servicing' lorry drivers !? :whatthe: I did say I wanted some part time work :ROFLMAO:

have to say i have never seen any of said ladies with a campervan,usually if anything its usually an old small car parked up.Just dont go wearing any white knee length boots and shorts/mini skirt - that has seemed to be their fashion over the last few years

OP
OP
ninjayorkies

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
have to say i have never seen any of said ladies with a campervan,usually if anything its usually an old small car parked up.Just dont go wearing any white knee length boots and shorts/mini skirt - that has seemed to be their fashion over the last few years

No worries there then. I'm still the goth reject I was at 16. Never wear anything other than black, skirts are all ankle length and boots that scare most men :roflmto:

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
Twenty-seven minutes south of Orleans, in the big dusty layby, there are several women in campervans and indecorous amounts of clothing. I think they work for the French Tourist Board.

They seem remarkably welcoming to tourists and are ambassadors for their country, I'd say, educating foreigners in the surprisingly complex ways of continental social interaction.

Co-ordinates 47.695252,1.97319

So some bloke in the pub was telling me...

OP
OP
ninjayorkies

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
Many many years ago I went out to Bergen to visit some Oaf in the forces I'd been writing to during the 1st Gulf War. There were a lot of VW campers parked in picnic areas at the side of the main roads and I was told these were 'Layby Lils'. You parked up, paid your money and well I'll leave the rest to your imagination. :Eeek:

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
Many, many years ago, too, I cycled from the south of Spain to the north of France.

Approaching Barcelona, I was literally being pulled off my bike by numerous hard-shoulder harridans, demanding Pesetas for perversions.

It was half past six in the morning. I would happily have paid for a cup of tea.

OP
OP
ninjayorkies

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
Many, many years ago, too, I cycled from the south of Spain to the north of France.

Approaching Barcelona, I was literally being pulled off my bike by numerous hard-shoulder harridans, demanding Pesetas for perversions.

It was half past six in the morning. I would happily have paid for a cup of tea.

Ah now cups of tea I can do and possibly a slice of homemade cake/scone/shortbread :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back