Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
well its now been 5 months since we started our new jobs as assistant managers.
Great way of life but does take some getting used to and not all campers are good people.It can be like a time warp but we go home about twice a week.
Good thing is come feb 27th we get nine weeks off and then looking to head for warmer climes.Any suggestions on some where warm?
we love portugal but wife reckons benidorm will be warmer that time of year.Never been to beni but may give it a try for the wife but personelly would prefer portugal.
We get lots of germans on site as well as austrailians,french and new zealanders and have seen some great outfits.
Kids have our house rent free (wifes idea not mine) and if it wasent for that would be quite well off but has it is they are costing a fortune so still have to count the pennies hence took me a while to pay subs but i am putting some away to cover time off.And must admit looking forward to nine weeks off.
Will be doing a thread on how the bessie is standing up to fulltimeing soon.
Dave

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
hi Dave, Nikki and I were only talking about you guys on the way back from France the other week, wondering how you were getting on. Love to read up on it mate. Have you had alook at hilldwellers thread about the place in Spain? that looks warm and cheap..

Good luck fella and catch up soon.:thumb:

OP
OP
david price

david price

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
HI paul,must admit iloved it from day one but kaz has taken about 3 months to settle.For the first three months i was the devil in disguise according to kaz,she loves it now but being a woman she can easily change her mind :winky::winky::winky:
We are in charge over xmas and new year so looking to plan some sort of party.
Dave
Ps nice to chat again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Kids have our house rent free (wifes idea not mine)
Dave

There are those fools who think that when the kids are 20ish all their problems go away.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

And then grandchildren arrive.

A kid is for LIFE not just for Christmas.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Hi Brian... my son has just visited and guess what?

He bought me a meal and paid for his bed and breakfast room himself... he is earning more than me now...

Bless him... he even came to football with his dad...

JJ

David... if you change your mind and come into Portugal let me know... I'll be there from November onwards... plan Christmas in Algarve... New Year's eve in Tavira...

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Thanks Dave for posting because its got me thinking. Why the hell dont we go away in motorhome abroad for Xmas instead of looking at flights to Spain when we can meet up with the Funsters.

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi Dave

Glad you have settled into your new way of life, I know it can be difficult at first.

Hope all continues to go well.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
how true

There are those fools who think that when the kids are 20ish all their problems go away.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

And then grandchildren arrive.

A kid is for LIFE not just for Christmas.

How true Brian, they never leave home even if they have there own home.

My garage is still used as a store room for my daughter and her husbands junk.

The spare bedroom is still full of toys for the grand kids to play with,

Dad, can you look at the caravan on Ebay it is in your town (the far side and takes two hours to do) then he does not bid for it... they never leave home..... bewarned if you have none stay that way.. you will be poor in the pocket.. Ok I know the women will not agree. But I just hate kids.. was one myself once so I was told.. still hate them and cannot eat a whoile one at a time anymore..

Give me a dog any day. Wet nose and a wagging tail what more can a man ask for except for a beer can.

Bob:Doh:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
How true Brian,
Ok I know the women will not agree. But I just hate kids.. was one myself once so I was told.. still hate them and cannot eat a whoile one at a time anymore..

Bob:Doh:

Oh dear oh dear oh dear:RollEyes::RollEyes: (sorry to hijack your thread dave)

Bob, oh bob oh bob...... you do realise that I actually run the Motorhomefun creche and youth club at meets don't you?

Fear not, I promise I will keep your identity secret from my kids, they have such a habit of playing practical jokes, you know like fitting a V8 rover engine in your mobility scooter :whatthe::whatthe:

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
Here's a vision of Hell for Bob:

The Ticknor Tribe

Mum, Dad and eleven kids fulltiming in a fifth-wheel!

joels+b-day+017.JPG

And one of them is taking the picture!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back