Kon tiki 669 (1 Viewer)

gibby2009

Free Member
Sep 5, 2010
Funster No
Hi All am new to this and would like some advise.

Wife and I looking to buy a Kontiki 669. Want a van with a nice bed but also have a daughter thats 6'4" with a slight disability so need nice amount of space. Also wife has bad back.

Can anyone tell me what sort of economy I would get with one of these as dealers reckon 30mph plus. This seems too much.
Any suggestions of alternative home with similar space and comfort I have abudget upto 60K

C.L.S

Trader - Service & Repairs
Jul 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not long enough
Really pleased with ours , just done nearly 2500 miles touring France and according to the trip computer we averaged 20.9 mpg. I don,t thrash it but niether do I stick to 56mph. Best I have seen on mine is 23mpg.

Mark

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Hi and welcome to the fun, we have a Kontiki 645 and the very best we got out on it was 32 mpg:Smile: but we were behind a Tesco's lorry with wind behind us, the average we get is 27 mpg dont push it above 60:thumb:

david price

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
Hi/have the bessie 769 and i get 23 to 28 when not pushing it.Dont go off the computer,it is a waste of time.I ran a 120 multi jet long wheelbase van for work and the motorhome seems to do better on diesel than the van,both 07 plate.For the size of the motorhome and payload i am really pleased,i know people with smaller vans that seem to do less.
dave

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi All am new to this and would like some advise.
Wife and I looking to buy a Kontiki 669. Want a van with a nice bed but also have a daughter thats 6'4" with a slight disability so need nice amount of space. Also wife has bad back.
Can anyone tell me what sort of economy I would get with one of these as dealers reckon 30mph plus. This seems too much.
Any suggestions of alternative home with similar space and comfort I have abudget upto 60K

Hi Gibby welcome to Fun and all the benefits of nice friendly people.

As to Kontikis, we know them backwards so why not give Lawrence, Andy or Mark a ring and have a chat tp them, they will be happy to share their knowledge and answer any queries you may have.

As to other makes, we have quite a selection in pe-owned or new incluiding the new Hobby's now coming into stock.

Good luck

Peter

Apr 30, 2008
aldridge
Funster No
MH
waiting
Exp
8yrs
Hi Gibby 2009 welcome,
Just sold my Kontiki 669 (picture on the left)it was 6
berth with a comfortable island bed at back,another double over the cab & 2
singles in the lounge area.missus is Disabled so she slept in the island bed, I tried all the rest & they were all are very comfortable.
The average consumption I got was 25.9 mpg on it's own,& it did 21.3 mpg
when I was towing me car on the trailer.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back