Any recommendations? (1 Viewer)

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Came up the other day but no answers so I thought I'd ask again, more specifically:thumb:

Battery, ie duracell whatever, not house power rodent repelants, you know those high pitch thingies that are supposed to keep 'em out the van?

Anyone recommend one that seems to work, bit of a pre emptive strike you see?

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
a Cat?

Came up the other day but no answers so I thought I'd ask again, more specifically:thumb:

Battery, ie duracell whatever, not house power rodent repelants, you know those high pitch thingies that are supposed to keep 'em out the van?

Anyone recommend one that seems to work, bit of a pre emptive strike you see?

A CAT.. you know tail and four legs and makes a noise?

Bob:Eeek:

OP
OP
Dodgey
Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
A CAT.. you know tail and four legs and makes a noise?

Bob:Eeek:

Daft bugger:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

For when we're not in the van you see, that said we do have a cat but she's not allowed near Winne, basically if she gets in we'll need a new van in five minutes, distructive little :censored:2:censored:2:censored:2:censored:2:censored:2:censored:2:censored:2:censored:2:censored:2:censored:2:swear:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
First thing is to bung up any crevices that you can find, you often find that there are gaps in the floor where pipes disappear - a mouse can distort its' body and get through the tiniest of gaps.

Thoroughly clean the van from top to toe, remove everything even remotely food orientated and make sure inside cupboards and flor areas are free from anything remotely edible, and clean.

Then, another cure, which is reported to work well, is peppermint essense, soak cotton balls in this and place around possible entry areas, and along walls and edges. Mice absolutelty hate peppermint, they cannot abide it and is a natural repellent.

As for ultrasonics - I cannot help you there!

OP
OP
Dodgey
Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
First thing is to bung up any crevices that you can find, you often find that there are gaps in the floor where pipes disappear - a mouse can distort its' body and get through the tiniest of gaps.

Thoroughly clean the van from top to toe, remove everything even remotely food orientated and make sure inside cupboards and flor areas are free from anything remotely edible, and clean.

Then, another cure, which is reported to work well, is peppermint essense, soak cotton balls in this and place around possible entry areas, and along walls and edges. Mice absolutelty hate peppermint, they cannot abide it and is a natural repellent.

As for ultrasonics - I cannot help you there!

Yup, the cleaning etc we're up on. We don't have the problem (well we didn't yesterday) this is just planning.
We found a few dropping last Xmas even though we were in the van, we were in farming country so hardly suppriseing, but in and out. Actually I thought the little blighters hibernated?

Obviously hardier types in Cumbria!

I've obviously missed it but I have been all over the underside of Winne and I'm buggered if I can found how it got in, and fortunatly out.

Simba

Free Member
May 17, 2010
Basildon, Essex. UK
Funster No
MH
Gone back to tugging
Exp
Since 2009-2013
We have used ultrasonic mice repelants in the past when tugging. Found them a waste of time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sue1959

Free Member
Feb 11, 2010
Ireland
Funster No
Exp
non as yet, hired in Canada a couple of times. hope to buy in the next few years.
A mouse only needs a hole the size of a pencil to get through. Our mouse trap is a JR called Pip when she sniffs around and goes on 'watch' we know we have visitors. Our collie just looks at them!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back