Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Hi Funsters

Are there any Funsters living in East Anglia, Suffolk that would like to have a local meet sometime? If so one site at Waveney River Centre, Burgh St Peter would be an ideal venue for a meet as it is open all year round. Take a look at their website www.waveneyrivercentre.co.uk

Dale

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
In fact any Funster that would like to have a meet in Norfolk, we dont bite honest ::bigsmile:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I'm not ignoring you Dale as a meet on home soil seems a good idea, difficult to book ahead as only just got new mh and hope to spend 2 or 3 weeks in Scotland before Lincoln show. I will follow thread , larry :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Hello could be up for it, its on 98.9 miles from our house. Let us know any details as to when and how much etc.

Pat

peter H

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2008
Neath, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Nearly 4 years
I'm from S Wales and as long as we cab get over the language barrier etc I'm up for it.

Love Narfuk, just takes an age to get there.

You thinking of this year or next?

Peter

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I might be interested but in my caravan.

Bus would be to expencive.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
At the moment its just an idea to have a meet in Norfolk as I know someone from this area did suggest it a couple of months ago. Suggestions of where in Norfolk, what type of site folk prefer, preference to what time of year eg New Years meet. Waveney River Centre I put because its got most things to do if you want to do it. John,I know its a long way from Wales but your very welcome, we are going to Cardiff next week then again 2 weeks after that so I know its a bladdy long way. Second visit taking car and staying at an Innkeepers Lodge.

So get your thinking caps on :thumb:

Dale

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Bus does 7 mpg so shows and central meets only.

Caravan and car 30 mpg.

Name a date and i'll try and make it:winky::thumb:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
could well be up for this one depending on when and if i can get out of work :thumb:
looks like a great site.

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
We could be interested, looks anice site. We are in kent so not out of the question!

Dane & Hazel

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Not New Year we already have something booked. End September or October good for us.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
I too have to look at dates re sailing as training & events continue over winter.

Dale

Cupcake

Free Member
Apr 13, 2010
Norfolk Broads
Funster No
Exp
since July 2009
Will be up for this if we can make it depending on dates re other commitments:thumb:

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi, not too far for me either, Sounds like a good idea!

S.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
First of all I must thank Smellyfeet for finding another venue for the Norfolk meet. This is in the field of a pub called the Dog in Ludham and possible dates are weekend of 22nd October, which is the start of half term or into next year weekend of 25th March when hopefully it will be a bit warmer. The field will take about 30 units. The Dog have entertainment on, on the Friday evenings I mentioned by a band called Hard Rain, and if you Google you will find their website which gives you an idea of what music they play.

My problem is that half term we maybe in Cyprus, but the cost of flights are too high for me to even contemplate going, but if anyone prefers that weekend I still am prepared to organise a Funsters meet.

Thoughts please on these dates would be appreciated.

Dale

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
First of all I must thank Smellyfeet for finding another venue for the Norfolk meet. This is in the field of a pub called the Dog in Ludham and possible dates are weekend of 22nd October, which is the start of half term or into next year weekend of 25th March when hopefully it will be a bit warmer. The field will take about 30 units. The Dog have entertainment on, on the Friday evenings I mentioned by a band called Hard Rain, and if you Google you will find their website which gives you an idea of what music they play.

My problem is that half term we maybe in Cyprus, but the cost of flights are too high for me to even contemplate going, but if anyone prefers that weekend I still am prepared to organise a Funsters meet.

Thoughts please on these dates would be appreciated.

Dale

Hello Dale

I would prefer Octobers date, because its nearer and I am impatient. Does that mean that if it was October even though your organise it you wont be attending, if that the case then go for March date.

Not sure the date of Newark Motorhome show thats usually the last week of March and is usually a massive FUN turnout, you wouldnt want to clash with that.

Pat

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
After 9 &1/2 weeks (!) and only 3 nights in our home bed (!!) a weekend at Ludham sounds good ::bigsmile: October 22nd for us too please. Less than 50 miles yeah, good for our part of the country. Just now though, greetings from Germany :Smile: Jane

TinaGlenn

Free Member
Aug 7, 2007
Near King's Lynn
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
9 years
Have just found this post, we would have loved to join you but I am not back from the USA until the 28th October :cry: We'll have to wait for the next one

Tina & Glenn

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
October date fine for me, does the Dog Inn have hook-ups?

Hi Robert, no hook up but between us we may have enough cable to hook up with the Caravan Club site in Ludham :ROFLMAO:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
We arrive back in the UK on 15th October after travelling in the states for 4 1/2 months - we would love to join you in Norfolk, weekend of 22nd October, it's local for us, please add us to the list.

Nigel and Pamala

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
This is it, after much deliberation the Norfolk meet is going to be held at the Waveney River Centre on the weekend of Friday Nov 5th - 7th ( or if anyone wishes to arrive a day or two earlier or go later than the 7th that is ok ).

Pitches - 17 touring pitches with hookup and 35 tents (20 with hookup). For an out-of-season rally we could take over the camping field if we like, says my friend James who owns WRC.

Unfortunately we would not be allowed fireworks as the Park is next to a thatched roof church which has already been torched due to a stray rocket from WRV landing on it. I will be in contact with the onsite pub to see if they have any entertainment on that weekend. Should numbers be low for this meet I say we should then have it next year.

Many thanks.

I will be the first to put our names on here as attending.

Dale, Graham & Emily ( 12 )

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
awww was hoping it would be over half term. We are already committed fireworks weekend

Is waverney not available for 22nd October?

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
As its half term they would prefer us not to have a rally then.

Dale

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Probably not going to happen for us, we are already committed for Firework weekend, and for me I definately have to have fireworks.

So Sorry

Maybe next year

Pat

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back