PrePurchase Habitat Checks (1 Viewer)

Brandenburg

Free Member
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
I am currently in negotiations with a dealer who is selling a Fiat Ducato Swift Mondail registerd in 2002 on commission, which makes this a private sale in my eyes.

I haev had a techncial van check done which , apart froma few nigglies and DIY botches (but legal) is OK

I am now looking for someone Mobile to do a Habitation check on the vehicle, as I suspect more DIY short cuts.

Can anyone recommend a reliable techncian in the Sussex area, who would to a Habitation check where the Motorhome is located.

Does anyone know how long a PPI habitation chekc should take, I mean in hours?

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I am currently in negotiations with a dealer who is selling a Fiat Ducato Swift Mondail registerd in 2002 on commission, which makes this a private sale in my eyes.

I haev had a techncial van check done which , apart froma few nigglies and DIY botches (but legal) is OK

I am now looking for someone Mobile to do a Habitation check on the vehicle, as I suspect more DIY short cuts.

Can anyone recommend a reliable techncian in the Sussex area, who would to a Habitation check where the Motorhome is located.
Does anyone know how long a PPI habitation chekc should take, I mean in hours?

Debatable as a 'private sale' as it is being sold through a dealer albeit an agent.

Any vans I sell on contract are treated as being sold by me as a dealer with full back up warranty and full mech' and habitation service before sale.

Peter

DMS

Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Feb 2, 2008
Funster No
MH
Concorde 850L
Exp
Time Began
hi
look up MCEA on the internet the mobile caravan engineers association. they will have a list of mobile engineers in your area. you should be looking at the £90 .
regards
alan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B

Brandenburg

Free Member
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
Debatable as a 'private sale' as it is being sold through a dealer albeit an agent.

Any vans I sell on contract are treated as being sold by me as a dealer with full back up warranty and full mech' and habitation service before sale.

Peter

That is interesting to know. He did not offer mechanical service at all, but suggested he will check out the habitat area. How will I know that he has checked it out in accordance to some standard. He is not a wualified gas or electricity fitter/checker, hence I want this checked out, as I do not trust this guy doing a good job..

OP
OP
B

Brandenburg

Free Member
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No

Peter

Can you advise how long a Habitat check shoudl take in hours?

I am new to owning/buying a Motorcaravan:Blush:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
as I do not trust this guy doing a good job..

Thats says it all to me. If you do not trust the dealer, then you have to ask yourself the reasons why he would sell a vehicle for a customer, without giving you any back-up or support. Does he know this vehicle is sub-standard or bodged, thus he doesn't want to attach his company name to it? You have already uncovered some bodge repairs - I would take that as a sign to leave!

If you use a good dealer, they will give you warranty and all the help you need - even if it is a customers' vehicle. It is in their interests, as you will return to them in the future. I would steer clear and find a good dealer, with good back-up and support. You are buying something that is of high value, and costs vast amounts to repair when they go wrong.

Buy a good example, and not a hole in the pocket. The extra you invest now, will save alot in the years to come!:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back