Levelling system (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
We recently contacted E&P regarding details of the system. They emailed me back to say they had contacted the local fitters who are in Cowfold, Sussex who would contact me with details of cost and fitting. That was a week ago and we’ve heard nothing.

Not a good advert for E&P. Anyone used the company in Cowfold or perhaps any other suggestions for fitters or other makes that are not too far from us - we are in West Sussex.

We are getting a Swift Kon-Tiki 625 Alko Chasis 4250kg.

Thanks

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Mick at SAP Doncaster seems to be "the man" for fitting E&P systems, not local to you but you can stay in your van onsite, obviously vacating during the day while they work.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We recently contacted E&P regarding details of the system. They emailed me back to say they had contacted the local fitters who are in Cowfold, Sussex who would contact me with details of cost and fitting. That was a week ago and we’ve heard nothing.

Not a good advert for E&P. Anyone used the company in Cowfold or perhaps any other suggestions for fitters or other makes that are not too far from us - we are in West Sussex.

Thanks
We used them to fit Air and Levelling
Wouldn’t use them again
Not very good at email

OP
OP
The Cruisers
Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
We hadn’t contacted them yet as we are not in a rush but will do so later.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Go to SAP at doncaster.
You can stay overnight on hook up.
Perfectly safe.
Other on this forum have had fittings go wrong and have gone to sap to get rectified, wishing they had gone there in the first place.
Go with the best. Check their reviews.
5 star all the way!!!

Korgrocker

Free Member
Jan 22, 2019
Dunfermline
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 285 - 2018
Exp
Since 2013
Try Ma-Ve - worked well for me.

Oct 10, 2009
Bishop's Stortford
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Since 2011
AL-KO own E & P but also make their own system which we have fitted and are pleased with

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014

Thanks
Getting your new Moho from Southdowns Motorhomes by any chance?

Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
Used Rosmia for VB Air and E&P - no issues for us. I'm interested to know what problem you had Robert?

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
We used sap Doncaster and I found them to be very professional.

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
Last edited:

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I drove from Dover to Doncaster to get mine done, Travel by train into Doncaster Town or up to York while they are working and stay overnoght in the van. Visited theYork railway museum and the aircraft museum in Doncaster. Town is pretty boring in Winter to just wander around. It is when having a Toad is worth it. Other told me the Sussex blokes are not that good to deal with or fitting.
PS. Do not forget the systems are Heavyish so if you are worried about the weight, or in the future do not do it. Also it is a LOT of money so is it really justified???????

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Courtside conversions of Tiverton are very good bit closer than Doncaster for you.(y)(y)(y)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Used Rosmia for VB Air and E&P - no issues for us. I'm interested to know what problem you had Robert?
Had two different fitters, one did a nice clean job, the other didn’t.
The one fitter then slagged off the work of the other fitter - not a great customer experience
Communication (by email) was poor too as was after sales service when I had an issue

Doctor Dave

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years followed by a break of 11 years and then 4+ years but given up now
Courtside conversions of Tiverton are very good bit closer than Doncaster for you.(y)(y)(y)

They did a very good job for me.

Dave

OP
OP
The Cruisers
Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
Thank you for your replies. We are going to try the MH out first before we make the decision as the system looks quite pricey.
Thanks again

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
We certainly are! Not collecting until 14 May though.
Where did you get your levelling system done?
SAP in Doncaster (Mick Leightley). In fact I picked up our new Moho from him yesterday - he refitted the E&P system he took off your new van......(which he fitted in the first instance...)

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
The systems are not cheap, but we used Milenco Quattro ramps but found because of the length of the Kontiki it struggled to be level raven on the highest part of the ramp. Plus the rear of the van bounced/wobbled when stationary due to the large overhang..

If you want the set of the ramps and a Paragon Silverscreen, PM me and we can do a deal. (y)

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
Try Ma-Ve - worked well for me.

We have a Ma-Ve system, and it works as it should, however the looking underneath I noticed that the fitting was not quite as tidy as I would have expected, with large coils of hydraulic piping underneath the van, I originally suspected that this might be down to the company fitting the MA-VE system possibly ordering in the wrong parts, so contacted MA-VE and got this reply from the MD regarding the pipe lengths.
"
Coiled Hydraulic: Part of the appeal to the Ma-Ve system is the comparison cost. To keep the fitting cost down, we provide every kit with pre-determined pipe lengths.

What this means is that the fitter (Essanjay) gets supplied with enough pipe length to fit a 10m MotorHome. If a vehicle is shorter – then it needs coiling."

So if this is the fact on our 6m motorhome bearing in mind that the rams are fitted about a metre from each end of the vehicle there could be upto 6m of coiled hydraulic lines lying around.
So although the MA-VE system is cheaper then the EP system given the choice and subject to seeing how the EP system is fitted I would probably pay the extra and go for one of those, it would save me rolling around under the van tidying coils of pipe to stop them rattling and save a couple of kilos of unneeded pipe work.

Coiled H- cable.jpg Coiled Hydraulic lines.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back