Newbie from Suffolk (1 Viewer)

tonyony

Free Member
Sep 1, 2010
Funster No
Hi,

I retire from 35 years public service next Sept and am looking to buy a campervan. Research has begun and we're on a limited budget.

I've posted in the beginners section and hope some of you will assist us in our plans.

Looking forward to your views, thank you.:thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Tony, welcome to the Fun:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Suffolk where's that?

Welcome to the site, you will get plenty of help and advice here, some of us are a little childish at times (note I said some of us..including me) but you will find out all you need to know to start you on the long road ahead. Visit some shows if you can like Bath & West in Somerset in a matter of a week's time or Lincoln more in your direction at the end of the month. It gives you a chance to see lots of motor homes and dealers and that helps you as well. Look in magazines like MMM each month.

You can always pop in to the Motorhome Fun parking area at a show and meet some of us and ask questions from the people that actually own motor homes, ...every shape and size and make, some new some older... it takes along time to get on the actual road I know from experiance, but it is never to soon to start on that road.

Bob:Eeek:

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Welcome to the site ::bigsmile:

flyingwelcome

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi tonyony

Welcome to MH Fun

Totally agree with slobadoberbob, that's good advice, now's the time to start looking.

Look at as many vans as possible try playing house in them get the feel of living in the space. Some people hire one for a weekend or so all good experience.

I always think you will know the van for you when you find it, it's out there somewhere.

Best of luck

Dave :thumb::thumb:

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
it takes along time to get on the actual road I know from experiance, but it is never to soon to start on that road.

Bob:Eeek:

A long time:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

We pulled it off, BUT that's us, but I wouldn't recommend it:ROFLMAO:

Five years ago the only mention of motorhome had been in passing, I said could be fun, she said yes conversation over. Well, as said five years ago, I'm chasing an 'American V8', and the daily eBay output had a 1977 Dodge chassised 22ft C Class. Now for whatever reason I was familiar with the shape, liked it and put a watch on, no reason. This was a Tuesday, Wednesday SWMBO appeared with a 'what the **** are you watching that for?' No reason, I like the shape. Saturday, early ish (10:Blush:) I'm enjoying a quiet cup of tea when the veritable heard of wildebeasts came down the stairs, well it's what it sounded like:Blush: It was herself, again, I want it, now I know what your thinking, but alas we're all wrong. She wanted the Dodge, don't be silly said I, and every argument I gave was countered. Well to cut to the end, the auction finished 8 sharp on the Monday, which strangley we'd both taken off work with no reason or plan and by close Monday Dodge was on the drive.

As they say the rest is history:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

PS, to the OP, hello, that may be again, it's been one of those days.....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back