Anyone got a Nova Outdoor Awning or should we go Safari Room? (1 Viewer)

jg147

Free Member
Jun 14, 2010
West Yorkshire
Funster No
Exp
new
We collect our motorhome on Saturday, sad to spend our last weekend in the caravan but excited too at our new adventures.

I would like an awning or a safari room, whilst we only spend 1 or 2 nights away having a dog and a child I like somewhere to dry wet clothes ect, hubby insists we can only have something quick and simple.

I like the look of the Nova Outdoor, after speaking to the man who sells them they seem quick and simple but just under £400ish. Has anyone got one and can give me some more infomation please before we buy.

Hubby has been told safari room sides are tricky to put up and again they are not cheap. How long would you suggest it takes once you have the hang of it?

Any help appreciated and thanks

May 22, 2008
Funster No
These are quick and easy to erect, various sizes available heap to buy, mine cost £140 at newbury show, Sun Camp Ultima, try Google

Attachments

• SDC10022.jpg
    SDC10022.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 38
Upvote 0
Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Just had a quick look and they look the same as the Khyam Motordome. I have had mine for over 2 years now and cannot fault it. Very easy to put up and it has stood uo to some severe winds. It can be put up and taken down by 1 person. Also makes a great gazebo in the garden.

Andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
jg147

jg147

Free Member
Jun 14, 2010
West Yorkshire
Funster No
Exp
new
Thanks Bryan, we have not decided which option to go for and are planning a trip to the Cheshire show in 2 weeks. If we decide a driveaway if the right choice I will get back to you to see if you have sold it or not.
:thumb:

Upvote 0

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Personally would not bother with either, never stay long enough. If you want one would suggest some form of drive away, from what I have seen of safari rooms unless you are staying put for a week they are a lot of hard work, nice but still hard work, and you cant move the motorhome unless you start all over again.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

Upvote 0

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Bryan, I'm very interested in your awning if still available.

Tried to PM you, but not possible.

Thanks

PS: jg147 - first refusal to you of course

Upvote 0
Aug 10, 2008
Hawes, UK
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
Khyam Motordome Excelsior

If anyone interested I have the above for sale for £125.00,only used it once,although it is about 3 years old and the previous owner used it,bought a smaller motor home now , so do not have the room,its in OK condition,I think there is a very slight tear where it got trapped in the folding mechanism,but its super fast to put up :thumb:

Upvote 0

cyclingdoglucy

Free Member
Apr 27, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
retired vehicle
Exp
retired 4 months
We collect our motorhome on Saturday, sad to spend our last weekend in the caravan but excited too at our new adventures.

I would like an awning or a safari room, whilst we only spend 1 or 2 nights away having a dog and a child I like somewhere to dry wet clothes ect, hubby insists we can only have something quick and simple.

I like the look of the Nova Outdoor, after speaking to the man who sells them they seem quick and simple but just under £400ish. Has anyone got one and can give me some more infomation please before we buy.

Hubby has been told safari room sides are tricky to put up and again they are not cheap. How long would you suggest it takes once you have the hang of it?

Any help appreciated and thanks
hi .
i have a ventura drive away awning , that i no longer require?, i purchased it from a show secondhand for £245 , 3mtrs x 2mtrs, i have erected it no more than 3 times last season , i have measured the fix to the fiamma which is approx 2.5mtrs. in my estimate , the higher the van ,the better fit. you need to get it high enough for the skirting to be pegged down properly.
it says on the stowage bag ventura freestand VERDE HIGH.
A SIZE 185101065.
C-NR5046-5
COLOUR VERDE/SAND.
i purchased the j rail fitting for it , also
you can throw guidelines over the m/home.
or like me attach to fiamma 45 awning.
it is made from the canvas material , with removeable windows front, roll up on the side , doorway on other side , also with the tunnel to fit to your m/home with a zip down driveaway, all pegs ,ropes , proper tubular poles, looks new , only been erected approx 6 times , no marks , very clean , i will also include the groundsheet from outdoors, the one that lets the grass breath , in a bag with pegs.
i have it erected in the garden at the moment , so if you need a picture then let me know, if you google ventura awnings on google they will show you , this ones a green in colour, ipurchased the rail & groundsheet seperate & looking for £200,will also include awning 12v lights used once.
regards:winky:

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
How long would you suggest it takes once you have the hang of it?

I don't think he actually had the hang of it, but I watched papajohn for three and a half weeks while he put up his awning.

It wasn't so much an erection more a rite of passage.

Once erect he sat there with the glazed eyes of one who had found nirvana.

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I don't think he actually had the hang of it, but I watched papajohn for three and a half weeks while he put up his awning.

It wasn't so much an erection more a rite of passage.

Once erect he sat there with the glazed eyes of one who had found nirvana.

and now its for sale.....:Sad:

Movilite XL....3mtr X 3mtr.

used twice...just over 1 year old.

dont think it would look right on an 11ft high rv :roflmto:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries