Aires between Dunkirk and Rouen?? (1 Viewer)

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi we are sailing into Dunkirk next Sunday evening and wondered if anyone knew of a quiet village aire within an hour or so from Dunkirk?

Ginny

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi we are sailing into Dunkirk next Sunday evening and wondered if anyone knew of a quiet village aire within an hour or so from Dunkirk?

Ginny

Ginny here are two nice ones
Here is one Arques......about 25 to 30 miles from Dunkerque
Here is another one Embry about 50 miles ........not that far from me
Here is one further down....more 2 to 2.5 hours
Forges les Eaux
Mel:thumb:

Ginny you are not far from my home town and where I was born Doncaster...Have a good holiday ...Mel

MisterED

Free Member
Oct 5, 2009
Sunny Aberdeenshire !
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
3 glorious years, previous 18 a Tugger!
Lovely Place

Hi,

Gravelines All the Aires Pg 296 no 43.
Lovely setting on the waterfront, village a walk over the moat.
Little train worth the 1.5 Euro for the trip:winky:
Maybe too near for you but I recomend it.

Terry & Hilary

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi,

Gravelines All the Aires Pg 296 no 43.
Lovely setting on the waterfront, village a walk over the moat.
Little train worth the 1.5 Euro for the trip:winky:
Maybe too near for you but I recomend it.

Terry & Hilary

Just been looking at that one, looks ideal
thanks ,mike

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Neufchatel - en - bray

Not an Aires but it is just off A28 /E402 /E44 at junction 9 South

The motorway is just a half mile from the town and there is a very good 2 star site, but better is that just before it is a massive E'Lercerc store. it has no height barriers and a cheap fuel station that has diesel pumps, we stayed at the site but saw a few campers parked up over night in the car park over the right hand side near the back.. and this car park is massive.

The site is a ACSI - 865 - great little site 2 star but very nice and easy access right beside a small river. Short walk into town and all the big supermarkets.

Bob:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Not an Aires but it is just off A28 /E402 /E44 at junction 9 South

The motorway is just a half mile from the town and there is a very good 2 star site, but better is that just before it is a massive E'Lercerc store. it has no height barriers and a cheap fuel station that has diesel pumps, we stayed at the site but saw a few campers parked up over night in the car park over the right hand side near the back.. and this car park is massive.

The site is a ACSI - 865 - great little site 2 star but very nice and easy access right beside a small river. Short walk into town and all the big supermarkets.

Bob:thumb:

This Aire ......which I mentioned above.....Forges les Eaux...........it has drinking water....toilete and grey water drop off points, electric hookup.....nice clean Aire with grass and shrubs....on a tarmac hard standing....wifi is possible, nice town to look around, the Aire is 5.75 euros per night or there is a campsite straight across the road if you prefer, at a little more cost..a ......price similar to Bobs Acsi site....this Aire is very close to Bobs ACSI site ...... I think Bobs site is 11 euros per night.....the Acsi site may be closer to the main road you are travelling on if you are in a rush.

Mel:thumb:

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
I can recommend the Aires at Forges les Eaux..it's a huge.. one room for at least 50 vans,, and it's one of those where you can stay 3-4 nights.. well we did along with 4 French 2 Germans and an Italian in July/August last year..However you don't specify a sailing time Teasy.. just Sunday evening and there is the 1 hour difference too. ..from Dunkirk I reckon you could do it in 2/3 hours drive..It's in the All the Aires Book anyway mate

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back