Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I have looked at the link to the French charts from this site regarding vehicle sizes. So what am I? but you must consider I have a blue disabled badge and the French from there chart allow for that... but I am still confused (I know that is easy for me).. I have been charged class 2 class 3 and class 4 in the past.

I am 23'9" long I have a small trailer under 750 kgs (cannot often be seen by the pay booths) but I am 12' tall... so what is your opinion. Am I a class 2, 3 or 4 and what does the wheelchair sign allow me to be?

Bob (still confused... but not a .com):Blush:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
to be honest Bob classes are dependant on size and weight, The blue badge is ignored on peages and will not help you. Up to 3,500kgs you are class1 over that you are class2, but towing and a higher class still (number of axles)

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I have been charged at various rate

to be honest Bob classes are dependant on size and weight, The blue badge is ignored on peages and will not help you. Up to 3,500kgs you are class1 over that you are class2, but towing and a higher class still (number of axles)

I know it is complicated, but the french do accept the blue badge and it allows the rate to be reduced by one band. Bit like a local UK council down rating the banding on rates if a wheelchair person lives in the property i.e D down to a C banding. The same applies on the French toll roads. (that is shown on the chart if you look at the bottom under the pictures of the size of vehicles).

Now my French is poor and I cannot argue the point, but sometimes I do say it is a camping car and show the blue badge. Mainly I get eiither a class 3 or 4. .. The Winnebago Aspect I drive is not massive as some of you know, it is tall, but not over so compared with most motorhomes. Yes I do weigh in at 5.5 tons b ut to look at the RV it looks as if it is a 3.5 ton vehicle. It is just of hoping the person taking the money see's it my way.. the credit card machine just charge.

Sometimes I get a ticket from the lower dispenser, but mostly it is from the truck one. I think that is what works out the charge (height).

Bob:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
In June/July this year we got no concession for our blue badge. Even though we constantly asked. I hope you have more luck.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Bob we have almost always been charged as class 3 even with a trailer on, except in the UK at Dartford where they always charge extra for the trailer.

If you go here: Link Removed it says that the disabled concession only applies to class 2, which down rates you to 1.

Olley

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
you are right

Hi Bob we have almost always been charged as class 3 even with a trailer on, except in the UK at Dartford where they always charge extra for the trailer.

If you go here: Link Removed it says that the disabled concession only applies to class 2, which down rates you to 1.

Olley

Olley I looked at the site and also saw that about class 2 down to a class 1.

At Dartford we only ever pay £1.50.. suspect that the trailer is so small that they cannot see it. ... when we were being boarded on to the euro train in April they could see the word 'towing' in the window but had to walk down the side of the van to see what we were towing as it could not be seen from the front.. same I think at the toll booths in France... never had anyone chase after me to date. But I must admit I do these days take a lot more of the non toll roads heading to the South of France.

Bob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, they no longer charge extra for trailers at Dartford .::bigsmile: We do know that if you tow a toad in France, they charge more than a car on a single axle trailer.:Smile: But you are better off using the N roads if you have the time, because you see so much more of the real France.:thumb: So they must charge per axle.:Smile: We are in Germany at the moment no tolls no campsites and having a great time, the only problem is they cant brew Bitter :cry: But we have found if you drink enough Bit Burger its no so bad. :Smile:Bob and Jane.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
We are in Germany at the moment no tolls no campsites and having a great time, the only problem is they cant brew Bitter :cry: But we have found if you drink enough Bit Burger its no so bad. :Smile:Bob and Jane.
Same here when we go to Germany. No tolls and great roads. I have to agree about the beer though.
In France, we do our best to avoid tolls.

Bob
, get yourself a Weissbier Dunkel. It's not a bitter, but a real nice dark beer. My favourite. :thumb:
Link Removed
You can buy a case from a wholesaler for about €20 plus tax.

Have a great time,

Jock.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back