Some odds and ends at Bath & West up for grabs plus some? (1 Viewer)

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Had a clean out of the spares box today. It is one of those boxes you add bits to over the years and never use... perhaps someone who has a yank or not for that matter may like to have a rummage.. there are things like brand new set of front brake pads for a 1992 Dodge ram van. A 110v 15amps 4 way extension socket strip .. a Reece tow bar toy that goes in the hitch and is a boat propellar and it spins as you go along.. as I use the reece hitch to haul a trailer I have never used it. A fuel filter - new ..a metal table leg with a base and table unit to attach it to a table if you follow me. A sealed bottle of duralube transmission addative and also a duralube oil addative. Some small running lights 8 of them if I am right.. that sort of thing. Also need a new home for a Maddison tank heater blanket new in the box (purchased it before I realised my black and grey tanks were inside a an out plastic unit so I cannot fit it.. cost me £100 ??? but needs a new home ( not greedy) ...

Anyway I will put them on a table outside the RV - Winnebago Aspect with Ezzie the Saint Bernard.. have a look - european and yanks..

Bob:Eeek:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Forgot most of them are free

Had a clean out of the spares box today. It is one of those boxes you add bits to over the years and never use... perhaps someone who has a yank or not for that matter may like to have a rummage.. there are things like brand new set of front brake pads for a 1992 Dodge ram van. A 110v 15amps 4 way extension socket strip .. a Reece tow bar toy that goes in the hitch and is a boat propellar and it spins as you go along.. as I use the reece hitch to haul a trailer I have never used it. A fuel filter - new ..a metal table leg with a base and table unit to attach it to a table if you follow me. A sealed bottle of duralube transmission addative and also a duralube oil addative. Some small running lights 8 of them if I am right.. that sort of thing. Also need a new home for a Maddison tank heater blanket new in the box (purchased it before I realised my black and grey tanks were inside a an out plastic unit so I cannot fit it.. cost me £100 ??? but needs a new home ( not greedy) ...

Anyway I will put them on a table outside the RV - Winnebago Aspect with Ezzie the Saint Bernard.. have a look - european and yanks..

Most of them are free.... :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
I know this is cheeky but.......:Blush:

I don't suppose that table leg is one of the adjustable kind is it?

The rear table in my Lunar needs some support in my opinion and the only way I can see of doing it is by using one of the adjustable type because it has to be removable for sitting.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
No it is not cheeky to ask

I know this is cheeky but.......:Blush:

I don't suppose that table leg is one of the adjustable kind is it?

The rear table in my Lunar needs some support in my opinion and the only way I can see of doing it is by using one of the adjustable type because it has to be removable for sitting.

It has a removable tube.. there is a bit that bolts to the underside of a table and the other plate goes into the floor (will need to drill a hole to take the sunk in flange)... you can then take the tube out of the bottom of the table and out of the floor when not in use.. it is chrome and flat metel in colour. Often used on day vans and smaller campers.. never used. If at Bath & West have a look... I will put them on a table or in a box for anyone to have a hunt through.. The heated tank blanket is 110v and 12v that I would like to get something back on as I ordered it less than a year ago and just do not need it on the Winnibago Aspect. ..it is boxed.. Anyway every one have a look, lots of odds and ends that may be of use to some of you. I am not greedy and as I say a lot of it is free to Funsters

Bob:thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Please note the organisers rules and regs. NO for sale notices or trading ijn the parking or camping areas, or words to that effect.. That is how they make their money after all. So please don't be too blatent about it on site, however if people ask you to bring things for them , thats quite another matter, hee hee.

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
yes sir, read the rules

Please note the organisers rules and regs. NO for sale notices or trading ijn the parking or camping areas, or words to that effect.. That is how they make their money after all. So please don't be too blatent about it on site, however if people ask you to bring things for them , thats quite another matter, hee hee.

Read the rules.... but I do not see anything about items mark free or help yourself or donate to a charity (me) - seriously this is not making a money exercise, it is passing on items that I do not actually need or want and will I hope do a good turn to others.. I suppose we could raffle them? is that allowed I wonder. But come and have a rummage ... no dumping your items in the box either.

Bob:thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
As marshal it is my job to ensure everything is as it should be and everyone is aware of what they can and cannot do. Aware I say but not to enforce anything.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I support the lifeboat

You should put a donations box nearby for a charity of your choice.

I support the RNLI myself.. but I was not really after anyone having to pay for the items, just want them to be of use to someone. If it is going to cause an issue I will not bring them with me. Fellow campers lose out:Angry:

Clearly 'the marshall is quoting the rules' thought I was getting away from all the rules we encounter on CC and CCC sites! Perhaps there will be no loud noise at nights at Bath & West show (unlike Malvern?).... It is a bit like America getting rid of King George, when Americans wanted Washington as the first president and he wanted to be a king, the people said we did not exchange one King George for another King George! In my proffession we call that 'I rest my case your Lordship'

Bob

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Perhaps there will be no loud noise at nights at Bath & West show (unlike Malvern
Bob

Not been to one of my meets yet have you, as a "retired" legal eagle you should be more awre than most of the need to read the rules, how you interprate them is another matter. We have on occasions revelled untill 1-2am, but quietly, hee hee besides we are always sited well away from other campers. I am not a policeman nor do I wish to be, I see my job as getting people to the rally, giving them sufficient space so as not to create a fire hazard and keeping everyone informed of the organisers wishes as most people tend not to look further than the end of their nose. I have never been accused of being officious and if I did would leave the job to someone else. I'm there to have fun same as anyone else.

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I read the terms of all contract, it is how I interpret them!

Not been to one of my meets yet have you, as a "retired" legal eagle you should be more awre than most of the need to read the rules, how you interprate them is another matter. We have on occasions revelled untill 1-2am, but quietly, hee hee besides we are always sited well away from other campers. I am not a policeman nor do I wish to be, I see my job as getting people to the rally, giving them sufficient space so as not to create a fire hazard and keeping everyone informed of the organisers wishes as most people tend not to look further than the end of their nose. I have never been accused of being officious and if I did would leave the job to someone else. I'm there to have fun same as anyone else.

As you say as a retired legal eagle I read all the terms.. very boring life I live. As you said earlier it is the way warners make there money .. if traders did not pay silly money for pitches (which they do) Warners would not make money... so they bow to the traders to stop people selling goods from there pitches. It all comes down to common sense really, I was not going to put a paste table up with a big sign saying Bob's old bit yard sale... Just a box with the items in it that may or may not be of use to others. I expect if they have not gone by the end of the weekend I will take them to Lincoln and then put them in the skip to save storing them for god knows how more years.:cry:

The tank heater blanket I will leave at home.. I can always put it on ebay sometime or trade it back to a dealer for something more of use to me. But it is a useful item to most American RV's as it saves the water tank or the grey or balck tank freezing up.. designed to run off of 12v or 110v (I suspect from the info 230v will work just fine, but as it is an American made item they do not think that someone will have one shipped this side of the pond).. anyway if anyone is interested you can p.m. me and deal with it outside of the regulations of selling it at the show. The rest as I say is free to those that want them. Bit like Duncan of Star Spangled Spanner gave me a free Frezel window mirror unit.. he got it free and no use to him, I found it would not work with a window that goes down - still ideal for an A class.. so that is in the box just pass it on to someone else who may be able to use it (as used by truckers).:whatthe:

I read your posts, no problems, I know what you were saying, again no problems. We all have to live under rules, it is the way we apply them to the real life situation that counts.

I am not falling out with anyone over this.:winky: I am all for a good weekend even if it goes into the wee hours, as long as it does not cause an issue to anyone else I can live with it (and proberbly join in up to the neck)

Anyway I am going off line now, so do not lose any sleep over it.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
The no selling rule is always in force at these events, however precious little note is taken of it. I have seen all sorts of things, more or less discretely for sale, even motorhomes, and no-one seems to bother.
I think if you were really a trader with a range of merchandise that you were selling in the camping field without paying the exhibitor fee the organisers would take notice, but campers who just have an item or two available would be most unlikely to be questioned.
I have a pair of the large black levelling ramps, used once (and a bit chipped as a result) complete with the official carrying case which I would like to shift. Hopefully i will be at Shepton Mallett as I have already booked, however I have a leak in my fresh water tank. A new one is on its way from France but I don't know whether it will be here and fitted in time.:Sad:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
On board the RV now

I have a pair of the large black levelling ramps, used once (and a bit chipped as a result) complete with the official carrying case which I would like to shift. Hopefully i will be at Shepton Mallett as I have already booked, however I have a leak in my fresh water tank. A new one is on its way from France but I don't know whether it will be here and fitted in time.:Sad:

I said to Sue last night what is that dustbin sack at the bottom of the stairs? I am trying to get up them on the crutches... 'Yours' she shouts from the kitchen ... 'mine' I reply, 'Yes it is all those bits you got out to take to Bath & West' ... not that much? really? yes.. well it is now on the RV... got to find a box to put them in now... more than I thought.. but hell it is ALL FREE.. just come and have a chat and if you find something you can use, then it is yours.

I will noit bring the heated tank blanket unless I have agreed with someone they may want it ... just to keep with in the regs.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Anyway, please do take the stuff, it is all new and just not needed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back