Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I have noticed, looking at American RV's at the various UK shows over the past year plus that for some reason they do not use the support jacks that you see being used on camp sites in the USA. I can say that out of 6 shows I have not seen one American RV with them.

I have hired RV's in the USA and they are used all the time... I have just had a set shipped in by Darrren of Motorhome medics. They do not jack the slide out up, but are placed under the rails to support the slide out when it is extended.

I wonder why the UK owners have not purchased these items? is it due to the cost of the shipping them in as they are heavy metal (mini acro props with a channel at the top). Being a well built lad as some of you know not to mention the boss Sue.. we are playing safe rather than have a problem somewhere down the line with a damaged slide out.

I already use the small step jacks on the electric step and they take a lot of the movement out of the step when in place and seem to firm up the RV as do the slide out support jacks and the scissor jack under the reece tow ball.

Your views? (not about my size... )

Bob :Eeek:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
If the RV is fitted with and you use leveling Jacks on all four corners then I see no reason not to use use them apart from the hassle of setting them all up every time you move. More weight to eat into your payload as well.
But no leveling jacks could easily result in damage to the slide housing as a result of high winds that are now prevalent in the UK.

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
these are easy to fit

If the RV is fitted with and you use leveling Jacks on all four corners then I see no reason not to use use them apart from the hassle of setting them all up every time you move. More weight to eat into your payload as well.
But no leveling jacks could easily result in damage to the slide housing as a result of high winds that are now prevalent in the UK.

Wildman, I give you that the wind can be an issue at times, but the jacks have a quick release button that allows for them to be put in place very easy and you just slide the the bar up and it locks. Press a button in and it drops just as quick. .. They call them jacks, but it is clear from the box they are just to add support and not lift anything.

Bob:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back