Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
Well the time has nearly time to leave the uk. We have been fulltiming since Feb, spent 3 months in a 2 berth caravan whilst waiting for our 5ver to arrive and we have now had it since may. We have stayed on a lovely site in bexhill on sea since feb and its close to our familys and we had to have stuffed to be fitted to 5ver, Tracker,gaslow, securty alarms etc etc, also managed to go to greece twice (flew) and also Portugal, We are sailing from portsmouth to santander 11am 15th Sept to travel down to zahora and staying at pinar san jose site, then off to morrocco.

We also thought that we would also like to do some wildcamping, whilst in portugal we found a couple of places that looked ok if you didnt mind being parked 2 feet from the next van. But the one thing that put us off was the smell of piss and shit that hit you when walking aound bushes with toilet paper hanging on them. I am sure that not all places are like this and some people think before just dumping waste.

I feel that its these actions of a few that these places end up being closed. so after a couple of days travel we found ourselfs in central portugal and found a lovely barn property with land that we could call our own.

So we have brought our little piece of heaven 7km outside ansiao, which we will use as and when we are in the area. has hardstanding electric/water/waste

:Smile: Ant & debs

Attachments

• barn001.jpg
    barn001.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 71

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Congrats!:thumb::thumb:
Sounds like a good plan having a base of your own abroad somewhere (assuming that you bought and not brought in your thread lol) so that you can "do/fix/sort out" anything needed

Wishing you many happy times exploring

But some folk do such disgusting things :Angry::Angry:

OP
OP
Ant&Debs

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
Congrats!:thumb::thumb:
Sounds like a good plan having a base of your own abroad somewhere (assuming that you bought and not brought in your thread lol) so that you can "do/fix/sort out" anything needed

Wishing you many happy times exploring

But some folk do such disgusting things :Angry::Angry:

Thanks champers I know its such a shame and ruins it for others:cry:

Ant & Debs

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Good luck with your travels, will be interesting to hear how the Moroccan trip goes.. are you going with a tour or on your own ?

Either way it will be a great trip.. it is a fabulous country .. enjoy it before it becomes the new Spanish .. Costa del Moroc

bon voyage .. :Smile:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Well the time has nearly time to leave the uk. We have been fulltiming since Feb, spent 3 months in a 2 berth caravan whilst waiting for our 5ver to arrive and we have now had it since may. We have stayed on a lovely site in bexhill on sea since feb and its close to our familys and we had to have stuffed to be fitted to 5ver, Tracker,gaslow, securty alarms etc etc, also managed to go to greece twice (flew) and also Portugal, We are sailing from portsmouth to santander 11am 15th Sept to travel down to zahora and staying at pinar san jose site, then off to morrocco.

We also thought that we would also like to do some wildcamping, whilst in portugal we found a couple of places that looked ok if you didnt mind being parked 2 feet from the next van. But the one thing that put us off was the smell of piss and shit that hit you when walking aound bushes with toilet paper hanging on them. I am sure that not all places are like this and some people think before just dumping waste.
I feel that its these actions of a few that these places end up being closed. so after a couple of days travel we found ourselfs in central portugal and found a lovely barn property with land that we could call our own.

So we have brought our little piece of heaven 7km outside ansiao, which we will use as and when we are in the area. has hardstanding electric/water/waste

:Smile: Ant & debs

Hi there you two and congrats on your purchase...

After nearly ten years "off site" motorhoming in Portugal I have never come across sites like the one(s) you describe above... where were you? !!!!

JJ

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Good luck in your travels!

How long are you planning to stay in Zahora? We hope to be there sometime in October.:Smile:

Give our love to Carmen and the family ( Patricio, Mila, Salvador and the rest!) Tell them we'll be there soon!

Hope our paths cross sometime during the winter!:thumb:

OP
OP
Ant&Debs

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
Good luck with your travels, will be interesting to hear how the Moroccan trip goes.. are you going with a tour or on your own ?

Either way it will be a great trip.. it is a fabulous country .. enjoy it before it becomes the new Spanish .. Costa del Moroc

bon voyage .. :Smile:

Hi Jim

We were going to do a 20 day trip with Desert Detours just to get the feel. However they are fully booked up til Apr ish. So we may just do it on our own.

Ant & Debs

OP
OP
Ant&Debs

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
Hi there you two and congrats on your purchase...

After nearly ten years "off site" motorhoming in Portugal I have never come across sites like the one(s) you describe above... where were you? !!!!

JJ

Hi JJ

Thanks. We visted Figueira Da Foz on the sea front. Drive through the car park to the motorhome area at the back, day we were there was appx 40 plus vans.

Ant & Debs

OP
OP
Ant&Debs

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
Good luck in your travels!

How long are you planning to stay in Zahora? We hope to be there sometime in October.:Smile:

Give our love to Carmen and the family ( Patricio, Mila, Salvador and the rest!) Tell them we'll be there soon!

Hope our paths cross sometime during the winter!:thumb:

Hi Marie

Many Thanks. We are booked on the site in zahora for a few months. we should be there for around the 1st Oct.

Regards

Ant & Debs

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Hi JJ

Thanks. We visted Figueira Da Foz on the sea front. Drive through the car park to the motorhome area at the back, day we were there was appx 40 plus vans.

Ant & Debs

AH! Thanks for reminding me... I parked there one evening... was online in chat when the boy racers started up... I moved to a different part of the carpark away from all the other vans and had a peaceful night (and smell free)...

JJ :Cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back