LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
As a new user of Skype I have a couple of problems. A couple of friends on this forum have added me to their contacts and I have added them. Now when they show as on line, I send a message maybe just evening ***** but get no reply? Is it because of my B.O. or something with Skype? The other thing is that I have a contanct who always shows as off line (and me to him) even though we are both online? Any help would be appreciated.
BTW this happens on my netbook, XP and Firefox, my lappie Windows7 and Firefox also on my phone Nokia E71 symbian system.

peter H

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2008
Neath, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Nearly 4 years
Even if someone shows 'online' they may not be in front of the puter. So at a later time when they are and see your message, they may think its too late to reply or you may have gone off line and thus they thought it was too late to reply.

You can set skype to show 'permanently off line' maybe your friend has done this at some time and not put it back

Peter

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
i have a proper skype phone that rings but if away from it PC is none the wiser:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
As a new user of Skype I have a couple of problems. A couple of friends on this forum have added me to their contacts and I have added them. Now when they show as on line, I send a message maybe just evening ***** but get no reply? Is it because of my B.O. or something with Skype? The other thing is that I have a contanct who always shows as off line (and me to him) even though we are both online? Any help would be appreciated.
BTW this happens on my netbook, XP and Firefox, my lappie Windows7 and Firefox also on my phone Nokia E71 symbian system.

Ken it is to do with sharing contact details....you must share your contact details with the person you mention...or you both will not show online to each other.....and they must accept

Mel:thumb:

Last edited:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Ken...put up your Skype box up on your vdu screen with all your contacts showing.....click once on any of your contacts it should go blue......now put your mouse pointer on the grey cross in like a odd shaped circle.....(do not click just hover)....or on any or all of your contacts one at a time just hovering over the grey cross.....then go to the persons grey cross that is not showing on line to you when he is........If it says "this person has not shared their details with you" that is the problem........when details have been shared....it will say "off line ...last seen date and time".....

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi ken,

I see you popping up on my Skype from time to time, and you were last seen today at 22:10:57. :thumb::roflmto:

It's obviously not me that you are messaging, as I'd have received it. :winky:

Cheers for now,

Jock.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
And another thing with skype !!!
How do you delete a contact ???

Hi Solopian......Hover over the persons name in your SKYPE contact list ...the funny shaped circle on the left with either a grey cross or a green tick in it ....... right click your mouse and at the bottom of the box it says..."Remove from contact list".....

Solopian also if you get some unwanted chines wanting to make contact do exactly the same but click on block this person....

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi Salopian,

Open up your Skype, go into contacts, hover the cursor over the tick or cross next to a contact, right click mouse, scroll down to "delete contact" from menu, and left click. Job done.

Use the same menu to block A R Sole who tries to spam your contact list, and wants to become your friend. B A R Steward. :Angry:

HTH,

Jock.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang

take out a contract with the Mafia ... :thumb:

2918d1118396306-mafia-boss-mafiaboss.jpg

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Ken it is to do with sharing contact details....you must share your contact details with the person you mention...or you both will not show online to each other.....and they must accept

This would appear to be the problem, thanks for that.:thumb:

Kids say us old farts should be kept away from combooberaters:Eeek:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread