Dogs across channel. (1 Viewer)

Wurn

Free Member
May 25, 2009
Essex
Funster No
Hi all,thanks for all the feed back on dogs in Italy now I am confused about the Channel.I diidnt realise dogs are not permitted on Eurostar,but info seems to contradict this.Would prefer to stay with dogs if possible so what is the best way to go,ferry (if sowhich one) or train?
Cheers Paul.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
no problems in Euro Tunnel in a camper /car

Hi all,thanks for all the feed back on dogs in Italy now I am confused about the Channel.I diidnt realise dogs are not permitted on Eurostar,but info seems to contradict this.Would prefer to stay with dogs if possible so what is the best way to go,ferry (if sowhich one) or train?
Cheers Paul.

We have taken our Saint Bernard in our RV through the Euro tunnel both ways. No problem. The dog stays in the camper with us. No formalities in the UK at all at the tunnel.

On the return on the Frence side they have a big sign in the shape of a paw on the right hand side well before the check in booths. follow size to the control /parking area, present the dog and the passport which has to have three stamps in it by the French vet.. the staff pass a chip reader to you to get the chip number. that is checked against the passport (the French/Dutch or whatever vet that did the passport will have also checked the chip at the time of the jabs 24/48 hours before) once the reader has the chip number you hand it back and you get a red dog sticker and you just go round and check in as normal. No one saw the dog after that.

Cannot speak for the ferries as we want Ezzie with us and not shut up in a kennel on a ship... I do know the Syena ships to Hook van Holland out of Harwich have kennels up on the top deck and not on the car deck, but that is a 6 hour crossing.

hope that helps

Bob:Eeek:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
he thinks the tunnel is euro star

When you go by tunnel you are not on Eurostar , dogs are allowed in your van :thumb:

Jim he thinks Euro star is the tunnel - the euro star is just a passenger train that goes to places like Paris, Brussels and other destinations out of London (and Ebbsfleet).. where as the euro tunnel is near Ashford in Kent.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Dover ferry crossings the dog stays in the motorhome or car, euro tunnel the dog stays with you in your motorhome/car. Only on the long ferry crossings are kennels provided on certain boats

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
When you go by tunnel you are not on Eurostar , dogs are allowed in your van :thumb:

OK so I'm well confused now.....If I want to take the MH over to France etc. via the tunnel who/where do I find out about/book spaces with??
:shout:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
we booked with

OK so I'm well confused now.....If I want to take the MH over to France etc. via the tunnel who/where do I find out about/book spaces with??

If you belong to the camping and caravanning club they have a company called Carefree travel and they give you 10% discount off the published Euro Tunnel fares they also do the Camping carnet at £5.50 - so it is worth joing there club just to get the discounts. Otherwise book direct with the tunnel.

Aug 21, 2008
skegness
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
Pets are charged at £30 each per return trip. P&0 charge £15 outward and £15 homeward the other carriers charge £30 for the return trip so from what I can gather travel out with pets on a single ticket with seafrance or norfolkline free and come back with P&O for £15 per pet .saving of £15 per pet
Alan

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Euro tunnel

Pets are charged at £30 each per return trip. P&0 charge £15 outward and £15 homeward the other carriers charge £30 for the return trip so from what I can gather travel out with pets on a single ticket with seafrance or norfolkline free and come back with P&O for £15 per pet .saving of £15 per pet
Alan

Euro tunnel charges £30 round trip... you get a bit of grass and a tree at this side and on the other sidae a caged exercise area at pet passport control. Not much of a tree this side in the middle of the roadway... seen better in the lorry parking area on most motorways.:Angry:

Bob

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

When you do the quote and times....and it is only a quote so you can keep changing.....there is a place were it asks about pets dogs and ferrets....and blind dogs.....I think it is €46.00 and you only pay one way ??? don't ask me, and also about the ferrets ...don't ask me ...who takes there ferrets ?/ Mmmmmm
when you click on Chatters link click on "GET QUOTE" a little red box near the middle do not put your registration in as it is not needed for the quote you are just checking the times and cost...just go thro the procedure as if you was booking....then click out when finished
if and when you book online they will send all your booking form and details with in minutes...print it off, and take the same! debit or credit card used with you, you will need it

Mel:thumb:

Last edited:

CG235

Free Member
Feb 25, 2010
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
Exp
2009!
All the stuff below spot on...

The Euro Tunnel Pet Passport people told us that from Jan 2012 the 24-48 hour process in France will be removed too!!! :thumb:

We have taken our Saint Bernard in our RV through the Euro tunnel both ways. No problem. The dog stays in the camper with us. No formalities in the UK at all at the tunnel.

On the return on the Frence side they have a big sign in the shape of a paw on the right hand side well before the check in booths. follow size to the control /parking area, present the dog and the passport which has to have three stamps in it by the French vet.. the staff pass a chip reader to you to get the chip number. that is checked against the passport (the French/Dutch or whatever vet that did the passport will have also checked the chip at the time of the jabs 24/48 hours before) once the reader has the chip number you hand it back and you get a red dog sticker and you just go round and check in as normal. No one saw the dog after that.

Cannot speak for the ferries as we want Ezzie with us and not shut up in a kennel on a ship... I do know the Syena ships to Hook van Holland out of Harwich have kennels up on the top deck and not on the car deck, but that is a 6 hour crossing.

hope that helps

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back