Hymer 544 help (1 Viewer)

TimBo

Free Member
Aug 26, 2010
Funster No
Hello, recently bought a Hymer 544 1997 model, so it's all pretty new to us, got a couple of questions,

We filled the water tank up but the water came out as a trickle I gave the waterpump a shake but there was no improvement, any ideas on why it's not working?

The other thing is the sink waste / bathroom waste, water from the kitchen sink and bathroom sink/shower is running out onto the ground from a pipe located under the bathroom, we emptied the waste water tank but it's still running out of the pipe onto the ground?

All help appreciated, thanks, Tim.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
are you sure it is the kitchen sink running onto the floor. clean waste (bathroom sink and shower) From mine vents straight to the floor, kitchen waste to the Grey water tank. I thought it was unusual but of course it may not be. Could be a waste pipe come adrift from the bathroom sink or shower.
Waterpump could be blocked, have leaking seals or just generally shot. might be a tight pressure switch. locate the pump and give it a good clean. then test with a bucket if water before putting it back.

Upvote 0

Soundman

Free Member
May 1, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
16 Years
Waterworks

The low pressure from the tap sounds like a faulty pump if the flow from all taps are the same.
The grey water problem sounds like a loose or split waste pipe before it gets to the grey water tank.

Soundman

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
We filled the water tank up but the water came out as a trickle I gave the waterpump a shake but there was no improvement, any ideas on why it's not working?

Tim.

would I be correct in saying this is a submersible pump ?

If it's running but not pumping you may have an air lock .. this can be cleared by blowing back down the line .. use your mouth on the tap furthest from the pump..

or, a faulty check valve, located near the pump discharge, remove and clean,

if none of these, fit a new pump , any van dealer will stock, it's always worth carrying a spare.

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
If you've got a Truma combi boiler it sounds like the automatic drain valve is open. I'm afraid I dont know where it is on your M'home but it should be somewhere near the boiler. The button should be up.

This would explain your feeble flow at the taps, and the water coming out underneath.

Upvote 0

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
If you've got a Truma combi boiler it sounds like the automatic drain valve is open. I'm afraid I dont know where it is on your M'home but it should be somewhere near the boiler. The button should be up.

This would explain your feeble flow at the taps, and the water coming out underneath.

ON my hymer 544 its in the wardrobe at the bottom and its a red button some people put a peg on it put dont for get to take it off when the cold weather comes

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back