Alfie159

Free Member
Mar 11, 2019
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 2019
Exp
Hi all

I’m looking for ideas on the potential to create or add a privacy curtain for when I have guest in my soon to arrive adria twin.

Grandson / my privacy when changing etc

What have people done to solve this or are there products I could buy to have added ?

Many thanks

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
In our Adria twin I used a flat glider track stuck to the ceiling with VHB tape (so that it can be removed if necessary) along with a lightweight curtain. It hasn't fallen down in the 5 years that it's been up.

The track runs from the end of the locker over the sink (the end nearest the wardrobe), over to the end of the shower/toilet unit by the dinette.

This separates the front from the rear nicely and also gives a 'dressing area' when you step out of the shower without having to put all the blinds up in the front of the van. During the day I just tuck the curtain up on top of the dinette seats so that it is out of the way.

OP
OP
Alfie159

Alfie159

Free Member
Mar 11, 2019
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 2019
Exp
In our Adria twin I used a flat glider track stuck to the ceiling with VHB tape (so that it can be removed if necessary) along with a lightweight curtain. It hasn't fallen down in the 5 years that it's been up.

The track runs from the end of the locker over the sink (the end nearest the wardrobe), over to the end of the shower/toilet unit by the dinette.

This separates the front from the rear nicely and also gives a 'dressing area' when you step out of the shower without having to put all the blinds up in the front of the van. During the day I just tuck the curtain up on top of the dinette seats so that it is out of the way.

Hey great advice, where was your track purchased from please ?

Alfie

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
Hey great advice, where was your track purchased from please ?

Alfie

Good question! I have no idea as I bought it about 10 years ago for using in my old bongo camper. The offcut that I had left was long enough to use in the adria.

It's like this stuff which comes in various lengths with the gliders and end stops

And then I stuck it up with stuff similar to this (it's an amazon link so if you have adblocker on you'll have to turn it off to see it)
Amazon product ASIN B00CC46XY4
Given the slightly textured ceiling of the adria it has stuck on amazingly well, but the curtains are very lightweight, but good enough for privacy. I made the curtain three quarter length so it wasn't too cumbersome.

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
As @Stroppy Bird said, but we use an expanding curtain pole from 'range' small and light cost about a pound.
Curtain has a turnover (can u have a big hem at the top)which the pole is in.

OP
OP
Alfie159

Alfie159

Free Member
Mar 11, 2019
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 2019
Exp
Hey these are incredibly helpful and my problem is solved!

I’ll look for a lightweight curtain

Super helpful both thank you

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Not really of any significant help, but our Rapido V68 van conversion (twin longitudinal fixed beds in the back), came with a fitted concertina door to pull across at the foot of the beds.

We've never used it, but guess it would provide exactly what you are looking for.

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
Hey these are incredibly helpful and my problem is solved!

I’ll look for a lightweight curtain

Super helpful both thank you

Don’t know if it’s any help but at the bathroom window we use an expanding tension pole as mentioned and a shower curtain, although this might not be weighty enough for you.

Oops, clashed with @pappajohn !

OP
OP
Alfie159

Alfie159

Free Member
Mar 11, 2019
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 2019
Exp
I’ve found a satin fabric type shower curtain in a grey and I’m going to go with the tension rod suggestion as its cheaper and easy to pop up.

It’s just for privacy and to enable dressing etc

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
We used an expandable shower pole in our first van to blank of the cab area. It seemed to take an ordinary eyelet curtain material ok.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I’ve found a satin fabric type shower curtain in a grey and I’m going to go with the tension rod suggestion as its cheaper and easy to pop up.

It’s just for privacy and to enable dressing etc
Just be aware that if the curtain is tooooo lightweight when the light is on behind you, the person on the other side will see a 'shadow' effect of you ... and all your 'bits'! :D2

OP
OP
Alfie159

Alfie159

Free Member
Mar 11, 2019
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 2019
Exp
Just be aware that if the curtain is tooooo lightweight when the light is on behind you, the person on the other side will see a 'shadow' effect of you ... and all your 'bits'! :D2

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Good point ! Checked and the grey curtain might just do this! It’ll be like takes of the unexpected dancing ladies ! Lights considered ha ha

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back