ss wheel liners (1 Viewer)

Apr 19, 2009
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Hi anyone know of a way to get off ss wheel liners off my RV.they seem really tight fitted.dont want to damage them.:cry::cry:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Andy

generally one of the wheel nuts on the liner is different to the rest, it has a notch in it. Put a socket on that one and it will undo releasing the whole trim

Larry

OP
OP
shirlandy
Apr 19, 2009
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
thank you

Thanks Larry,will try that.We are off to Flamborough head tomorrow,Friday till monday for a well earned break.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi I think you might find its two not one that has a notch in it, you need to undo both.

The first picture shows the crap spanner that winnies give you to undo the nuts, the second, if you look at the middle nut you can just see the notch or groove.

Olley

Attachments

• DSCN9122.jpg
    DSCN9122.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCN9121.jpg
    DSCN9121.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 28

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Just to confirm my RV has 4 cover nuts to undo to get the SS liner off from the wheel, see the middle one with a groove on it!

2wd5wkg.jpg

Regards Pat

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Thanks Larry,will try that.We are off to Flamborough head tomorrow,Friday till monday for a well earned break.

Many Thanks all who replied and you shirlandy for the PM.:Cool:

You Guys have a great break and let's hope you don't have to take those wheels off....:thumb:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
It is a lug wrench spanner

Hi I think you might find its two not one that has a notch in it, you need to undo both.

The first picture shows the crap spanner that winnies give you to undo the nuts, the second, if you look at the middle nut you can just see the notch or groove.

Olley

Olley it is called a Lug wrench spanner ..bit like a large plug spanner.. not the one they has an open jw, they will not grip them.... one of my SS wheeliners is just a pop off and the other three have lug nuts.. strange..

Bob:thumb:

mike/jen

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
Powys
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
7 years
Hi Andy when you get your trims off make sure you put copper grease in the cap before you put them back on, and only just nic them up. i hope this helps. And have a nice time both of you
Mike

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Olley it is called a Lug wrench spanner ..bit like a large plug spanner.. not the one they has an open jw, they will not grip them.... one of my SS wheeliners is just a pop off and the other three have lug nuts.. strange..

Bob:thumb:

Hi Bob, never heard it called that before, if pushed I would have described it as a "T" handled box spanner, but whatever its still crap, made of tin plate, already twisted the shaft a bit on a tight one, got me large adjustable out for that one.:Smile:

Olley

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back