Mystery? (1 Viewer)

Apr 27, 2009
Departed Cabopino in Oct 17
Funster No
MH
Dakota
Exp
Fulltiming from 2010- 2017
Can anyone tell me why one can be charged for a motorhome and trailer as two separate items, when a caravan and car are taken as one.
I can understand if you were taking up more than one pitch, but if all three items - motorhome, trailer and car - were parked on the alloted pitch then surely there shouldn't be any extra charge.
Can anyone explain?

Carole

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
it comes from the logic of charge as much as we can get away with

it used to be charge for pitch,
now its charge for pitch, per person,per dog,awning,pup tent,sunshade, extra vehicle etc etc. with regard to caravans they only have the towcar with an engine where as motorhome and toad is two vehicles with engines, so you probably fall into catogary of motorhome with extra vehicle

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Please don't tar us all with the same brush ! We charge per pitch per night with NO EXTRAS don't care what you put on it :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
But once parked up, you only have the use of one vehicle as per car/caravan.
It's just a money making game and it's one I won't play. If I've been to a site and they've charged me extra, then I won't go back.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
it comes from the logic of charge as much as we can get away with

it used to be charge for pitch,
now its charge for pitch, per person,per dog,awning,pup tent,sunshade, extra vehicle etc etc. with regard to caravans they only have the towcar with an engine where as motorhome and toad is two vehicles with engines, so you probably fall into catogary of motorhome with extra vehicle

Yup ridiculous been charge £5 for a dog, £3 if I roll my awning out.

2 pitches for a RV on some sites but i used to have a twin axle caravan and 4 x 4 equally as big.

Below and wished I never sold it now

Link Removed

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Please don't tar us all with the same brush ! We charge per pitch per night with NO EXTRAS don't care what you put on it :Smile:

Cheers Eileen....

Here's mine..:ROFLMAO: AND That's only the TOAD....:RollEyes:

It is getting crazy though...All these extras on some sites...

24837720_02e6114eaa.jpg

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Yup ridiculous been charge £5 for a dog, £3 if I roll my awning out.

2 pitches for a RV on some sites but i used to have a twin axle caravan and 4 x 4 equally as big

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
well bruno is 2 or 3 times the size of the usual size of dog that travels with people, still love him though but you are right a rep at one site i rang gave me the charges for the dog and it was more than the pitch was per night so asked why - his reply well we are still cheaper than putting the dog in kennels while you are on holiday, and ive had the pay for two pitches thing as well

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
Can anyone tell me why one can be charged for a motorhome and trailer as two separate items, when a caravan and car are taken as one.
I can understand if you were taking up more than one pitch, but if all three items - motorhome, trailer and car - were parked on the alloted pitch then surely there shouldn't be any extra charge.
Can anyone explain?

Carole

Remember "Carry on Camping" where Mrs Grasper the site owner replied to any request. "That'll be a pound."

I was charged for a Camping Car and a Car at the 360 degree cinema car park at Aromanches even though the car was on the trailer. No charge for the trailer?. NO charge to stay all night though.

John

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+

We wouldnt do that :thumb:, there are a lot of sites that dont make charges for everything they can, but there are those that do - they dont seem to realise that word of their charges will get around and it will probably cost them more in the big picture as people will use them as a last resort when wishing to visit their area

May 3, 2008
North Wales
Funster No
MH
A class Carthago Chic I47
Exp
34 years
Mystery

Some time back (25 years ago) as a family of two adults, two young teens + Naini we stayed at a camp-site to visit Phantasialand near Cologne.
Confusion reigned as we had turned up in an Autohomes Travelhome S towing a small CI Panache caravan (what a palaver) two camping units you must have two pitches, no need says Don, we only take the space of a Volvo estate and caravan. We were fleeced also, even though we only took up one pitch we had to pay for two (good job the Germans didn't understand the Dragon when I spat out in Welsh). :Angry::shout::shout::shout::Mad:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years

Does your lovely looking site allow black, window-less motorhomes that look like they are from the Eastern Block (and that have been banned from the New Forest sites and the Bath Marina and Campsite) on it?

JJ ;-)

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Does your lovely looking site allow black, window-less motorhomes that look like they are from the Eastern Block (and that have been banned from the New Forest sites and the Bath Marina and Campsite) on it?

JJ ;-)

Yep ::bigsmile:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
These are the very reasons we seldom use big sites - we are fully self contained - leccy is usefull - need a point to dump and collect water - ideally in hose pipe distance to avoid hitching up again so always prefer CL - always made welcome always sensible prices some really lovely locations

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Remember "Carry on Camping" where Mrs Grasper the site owner replied to any request. "That'll be a pound."

I was charged for a Camping Car and a Car at the 360 degree cinema car park at Aromanches even though the car was on the trailer. No charge for the trailer?. NO charge to stay all night though.

John

When we parked at the 360 cinema this summer, he took the 4 euro fee & then later came along to tell us that there were to be no awnings, no "peekneeking" and no longer any overnighting :Eeek:

OP
OP
billkce
Apr 27, 2009
Departed Cabopino in Oct 17
Funster No
MH
Dakota
Exp
Fulltiming from 2010- 2017
Same thing for the Swiss Motorway Vignette. Why do they charge separately for a trailer? Its not as if its going anywhere without the wag or has an engine to pollute their lovely fresh air. Suppose the tyres wear out their precious roads though!:Sad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back