Brittany Ferries Price jump (1 Viewer)

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
On there diabolical non- user friendly website, I couldn’t decide which date to go on as I was trying to get it right thinking about the Dog Passport date, I changed the day of sailing three times
As I couldn’t make up my mind and guess what each time the price went up £10.00, first quote £215 then £225 then £235 no changes to booking other than day and the last day/date was the same as the first with me changing my mind, what’s that all about. I thought B @@@@@@ and quit.

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
If you clear your history and remove cookies the price may well revert ... happens on lots of websites.

OP
OP
Littlewheels
Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
If you clear your history and remove cookies the price may well revert ... happens on lots of websites.

Yes,but it doesn’t make right “ sharp practice” springs to mind it’s done to entice you to book before it goes up again.
I have used BF close to 100 times and they have gone down in my view.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
Yes,but it doesn’t make right “ sharp practice” springs to mind it’s done to entice you to book before it goes up again.
Lots of websites do this. If you're looking on your phone or a tablet select private browsing first.

Deleted User

I do not think BF do this, I find the website easy to use, the prices vary depending on crossing.

I have dithered about booking crossings many times and found the same prices each time unless leaving things for months and then the changes have usually been minimal.

OP
OP
Littlewheels
Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
I do not think BF do this, I find the website easy to use, the prices vary depending on crossing.

I have dithered about booking crossings many times and found the same prices each time unless leaving things for months and then the changes have usually been minimal.
Two on same date and one next day as I stated and all within 5 minutes of each other, and the website isn’t easy to use in my opinion as in order to look up various sailings you have to go through the process from the beginning it’s a very basic concept .
It wouldn’t be inconceivable to put in your details ie: MH 9m, 2 Adults etc etc and it to bring up availability on any sailing but as I state if you wish to browse you have to list your details time after time.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970

Same here,,i am computer illiterate but find BF very easy,,BUSBY,,

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Costa Blanca Spain
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Brittany Ferries are usually pretty good. Very good indeed as they are very flexible.

Think that’s bad. I booked two adults and a child in a Ryanair flight, £98 each.

I needed to add another child. You can’t, you have to pay the adult price (now £400), then pay Ryanair €30 to link the child to the original booking.

When I asked the passenger duty. They say I have to fill in a complaint form.

This is on top of the £140 fees I had to pay for me to go online and re-book my own flights.

I don’t know of an airline or ferry operator as fair or as flexible as Brittany Ferries. Vueling did used to allow you to avoid rebooking fees by paying £5 up-front.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
The ferrry company can charge £10,000 per crossing. You can choose not to sail with them.

Many folk think that companies have a duty to be nice to customers.They only have a duty to make maximum profit for the shareholders.

Your pension providers do the same.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
The ferrry company can charge £10,000 per crossing. You can choose not to sail with them.

Many folk think that companies have a duty to be nice to customers.They only have a duty to make maximum profit for the shareholders.

Your pension providers do the same.

Mine doesn't - I have a SIPP, and do not charge myself anything. (OK managers charge a few quid a year to hold my stocks)

Feb 18, 2019
East Anglia, UK
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner 2001
Exp
Only if they're operating in a competitive market but not if they're a monopoly or quasi-monopoly. Then they would be subject to an investigation by the Competition Commission, whereas luxury goods manufacturers can charge whatever high prices they like.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
On there diabolical non- user friendly website, I couldn’t decide which date to go on as I was trying to get it right thinking about the Dog Passport date, I changed the day of sailing three times
As I couldn’t make up my mind and guess what each time the price went up £10.00, first quote £215 then £225 then £235 no changes to booking other than day and the last day/date was the same as the first with me changing my mind, what’s that all about. I thought B @@@@@@ and quit.
Non friendly,,I am a dinosaur when it comes to the internet but I find Brittanies web site easy. BUSBY:D2:D2

OP
OP
Littlewheels
Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Non friendly,,I am a dinosaur when it comes to the internet but I find Brittanies web site easy. BUSBY:D2:D2

The website may be simple because it answering a number of questions,however,when you enter your information and are shown no availability particularly if your requirement is say a Dog Cabin or Commodore cabin etcetera of which there are very few and your dates are flexible not just a few days either side of your preferred sailing you have to re enter all your details again.

For instance if you go to MCC you can look at a Month and see visually immediately where there are pitches available and move from month to month without constantly entering anything until you make a choice.

It’s seriously outdated even though they say they have updated it IMHO

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back