The Brussels LEZ (1 Viewer)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Anyone been in there, because I am A bit confused. My van is a Euro 5 2015 under 3.5 tons, so as I understand it in the official blurb I have to register on the LEZ website (as a foreigner) and apply for an exemption as a moho. Except when I put the classification S (covering the motorhome category of SA I presume) on the website it tells me the LEZ does not concern my vehicle !!! So which is it ????

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We tried to visit Brussels a couple of weeks ago and found that their website was down for maintenance for four days. We sent them an e-mail asking them to register us but they told us we would have to register when the site was back up. As we would be travelling at that time, and not sure of having internet access, we visited Ghent instead. A lovely town.

Certain towns and cities around Europe are making it more and more difficult for tourists to visit.

OP
OP
MR. FUSION
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
Sorry you didn't get there !! The website seems very confusing, as it definitely says you have to register as a foreigner. The only way I can get to the registration page is to say my moho is an N1 category (van mass < 3.5 tonnes) or a car M1 category and not an S category (which says you don't have to register) this data is supposed to be in section J of the V5 but mine is blank. So good luck if you are over 3.5 tons !!!

I think if you are not euro compliant as a moho you can ask for an exemption, but it's not clear at all :cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Garratt

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
Miskin
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer D55+
Exp
Since 2017
No, the Brussels Ring isn’t part of the LEZ.

Jan 27, 2009
Leyland Lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
When we have visited some European cities/towns with restrictions to M/H, we have managed to find a Stellplatz/ACSI site within walking or cycling distance of a train station that has direct access to that town/city.
Train fares in Belgium are very cheap for 'old folk'. We paid 6 Euro (return) between Mons and Brussels about 2/3 years ago.

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
Screen shot from Green Zones app. Screenshot_20190325-082458.png

OP
OP
MR. FUSION
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
There are 2 campsites outside Brussels that I could find, but a bit of a hike into the city. The only legitimate place to stay inside I could find is at the youth hostel, surrounded by a big fence and CCTV cameras......can't wait ;)

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
The ring roads are outside the Lez Zone and as a regular car driver in Brussels I would avoid and use park and ride instead. Mechelen just north of Brussels is a great town to visit with a free Aire by the sports complex and only 20 minutes on the train to Brussels central.

https://www.campercontact.com/en/belgium/antwerpen--anvers/mechelen/54774/parking-nekkerhal

Do not however try to drive inside the Mechelen ring road as it is an old Medieval town with narrow roads to match !

OP
OP
MR. FUSION
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
The ring roads are outside the Lez Zone and as a regular car driver in Brussels I would avoid and use park and ride instead. Mechelen just north of Brussels is a great town to visit with a free Aire by the sports complex and only 20 minutes on the train to Brussels central.

https://www.campercontact.com/en/belgium/antwerpen--anvers/mechelen/54774/parking-nekkerhal

Do not however try to drive inside the Mechelen ring road as it is an old Medieval town with narrow roads to match !
will look at your suggestion, thanks very much.

OP
OP
MR. FUSION
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
OK well I have it from the horses mouth.....I suggest you get one of these 'get out of jail free' emails as well, because this contradicts everything on their website !!!

SmartSelect_20190326-115716_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back