LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
There's another site where some woman lives on The Isle of Sheppey, moaning that there is some bloke on Canvey Island that she fancies but it is 2 miles as the crow flies but a long way by road.

OK, saddle me a crow :).

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
And there in lies my biggest problem. At a guess I only spent 3 months at home last year. Think @movan idea is the best, well cheapest anyway :D2

There is a way, no talking back, no shopping expeditions, no objections to travelling, doesn't nag,

dolly.jpg

Feb 12, 2018
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 600SL
Exp
Since 2017
There is a way, no talking back, no shopping expeditions, no objections to travelling, doesn't nag,

View attachment 290987

Take care if you purchase an “inflatable”. Heard about one guy who ordered an inflatable girl doll from Amazon. When it arrived he excitedly blew it to find to his dismay that it was a boy doll. He telephoned Amazon to complain, but was advised that it was his own fault as he had blown it up inside out!

:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Long distance relationships rarely work

Most people's family and work etc are near where they live so eventually if the relationship develops one or both parties is going to have to sacrifice everything they have for the other.

Very few survive that[/QUOTE

We lived 123 miles apart, I commuted for almost 2 years. Children grown up, left home and didn't live near me. Was easier for me, as a nurse, to move jobs than John as an engineering manager. His family lived nearby, his younger still at home. Would not say I 'had to sacrifice everything' it was a choice of what would be better for us both.
Do I regret it nt really only when he goes off to play golf for a weekend intead of fixing the motorhome so I can also go away ;) I had a romahome when we met.

pawwavingpuppy

Free Member
Jul 6, 2010
Here in lovely South Devon
Funster No
Is ToTs still going in Southend. My brother used to go to the grab a granny nights years ago.:LOL:
Yep TOTS Is still there, we lived in Leigh for 30 years. Moved to the South Hams last year, but going back to Leigh tomorrow for a long weekend - baby sitting duties, can't wait.
But dreading the M25...

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I have to disagree :p Me n Alan live 230 miles apart and going from one house to another makes it feel like a holiday in itself. Seems to work for us and I couldn't be happier.
Well I did say "rarely " work
Obviously in some cases it does

But I've had a couple of relationships myself in the past where distance was a contributing factor in it ending.

Mostly as I was the person who done all the travelling

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I get what you said about long distance not working. All I'm saying is don't rule it out. I almost did and what a fool i'd have been.
Oh yeah I don't rule it out .....I mean I'm even open to moving countries should I meet someone
But as I'm currently living in the van and not tied to somewhere through a job etc I guess it would be easier for me now to settle somewhere else

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
what is going on, my post became part of the quote now my quote not coming through oops.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Me and Ann lived 268 miles apart for the first 17 years. I used to love going to Glasgow for the weekend, great nights out and a curry.

When I think about all the millions of tonnes of Co2 and pollution I released (n)... no, I'd do it all again :D2

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
A male friend of mine tried internet dating for a while. He felt some ladies were just out for a free drink and meal.
He's had one one or two where their profile has differed slightly :giggler::giggler:

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
A male friend of mine tried internet dating for a while. He felt some ladies were just out for a free drink and meal.
He's had one one or two where their profile has differed slightly :giggler::giggler:
Yep I found that too , quite a few just want a night out usually ones straight out a longterm relationship.

I could tell some right funny stories of dates I was on but there's the risk of some being offended etc so I refrain:p

Trixie

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 25, 2014
Funster No
@ianthebuilder You see Ian’s a gentleman, he’s not naming anyone on a public forum,

You just need to meet him in a pub and buy him a pint or two.

69intheshade

Free Member
Apr 7, 2018
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky TI 700 MEG
Exp
Since 2015
Isn't there a meeting/dating forum on here, if there is I'm unable to find it?
If there isn't, how about someone putting one up?

OP
OP
Clive

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
@Jim did try but it never really took off. Not a true dating site but one for finding travelling companions.

Don’t forget @movan has a coven, sorry a ladies group :imoutahere:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07

Last thing we need sorry. We tend to avoid any thread that turns into a dating thread.

We support each other, both sexes, love meeting up and having fun ... last thing we need though is someone interpretting that as I want a romantic relationship. If ithappens, it happens .. otherwise we all enjoy each others friendship.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
@Jim did try but it never really took off. Not a true dating site but one for finding travelling companions.

Don’t forget @movan has a coven, sorry a ladies group :imoutahere:

Right young man. That's my magic potion going into your glass at the next meet. ;)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I get at least one email a week about this. I think there are a lot of people out there looking for travelling companions. I'll think about the best way to do something to facilitate this.

69intheshade

Free Member
Apr 7, 2018
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky TI 700 MEG
Exp
Since 2015
Last thing we need sorry. We tend to avoid any thread that turns into a dating thread.

We support each other, both sexes, love meeting up and having fun ... last thing we need though is someone interpretting that as I want a romantic relationship. If ithappens, it happens .. otherwise we all enjoy each others friendship.

What's with the 'we'?
I beg your pardon if you are royalty or police this site, if not why speak on behalf of this community?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back